Debrusk-Coyle-Zacha 30g/20g/20g

JVR-Geekie-Frederic 20g/10g/20g

Lucic -Brown-Lauko 10g/5g/10g

Lindholm Mcavoy

Lohrei/Zboril-Carlo

Forbort-Shattenkirk

Mitchell

Swayman/Bussi

Ullmark(Hellboy wants out of Peg), Gryz(or 2nd rounder we’d get for him), Merkulov(Russians don’t work out well in Boston) for Scheifele. Getting rid of two vanilla players while bringing in some attitude.

Reactions: pfw19

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I guess I'll lead this off...who do you think would be serious contenders for Lindholm in FA.

Bruins - could be the best team. Vezina goalie. Jack Adams coach. 60 goal scorer. Strong defense.

Wild - play with Kaprizov and Boldy. Lot of buyout $$ coming off year after

Blue Jackets - Reunion with Johnny Hockey, play with Laine. Defense looking really strong there.

Blackhawks - Play behind Bedard. Could fork over a ton of money.

Any other team jumping out at you? I like the Bruins chances but I felt the same about Hertl, Tavares, etc.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Marchand-Scheifele-Pasta 30g/35g/55g

Debrusk-Coyle-Zacha 30g/20g/20g

JVR-Geekie-Frederic 20g/10g/20g

Lucic -Brown-Lauko 10g/5g/10g

Lindholm Mcavoy

Lohrei/Zboril-Carlo

Forbort-Shattenkirk

Mitchell

Swayman/Bussi

Ullmark(Hellboy wants out of Peg), Gryz(or 2nd rounder we’d get for him), Merkulov(Russians don’t work out well in Boston) for Scheifele. Getting rid of two vanilla players while bringing in some attitude.
Ullmark isn’t waiving for Winnipeg. Because no one waives for Winnipeg

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If you had to guess what teams he would submit, what would they be and why?
Hard to say. Depends on his strategy right? You don’t put certain teams on the list if you want to stay at all costs - Tampa, Rangers, Islanders, Stars etc. Teams who aren’t going to trade for a #1 goalie. Then you do the same with cap space - teams like Toronto where you know they can’t trade for you.

But as we’ve seen reported, there are several teams on almost everyone’s list. The Canadian teams - less so Tor and MTL - due to tax/other country issues. Then the Buffalo/AZ/CBJ world of places no one wants to go.

With a capped out league like this, a 15 team NTC pretty much means no trade, especially for a netminder.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I guess I'll lead this off...who do you think would be serious contenders for Lindholm in FA.

Bruins - could be the best team. Vezina goalie. Jack Adams coach. 60 goal scorer. Strong defense.

Wild - play with Kaprizov and Boldy. Lot of buyout $$ coming off year after

Blue Jackets - Reunion with Johnny Hockey, play with Laine. Defense looking really strong there.

Blackhawks - Play behind Bedard. Could fork over a ton of money.

Any other team jumping out at you? I like the Bruins chances but I felt the same about Hertl, Tavares, etc.

Personally I’d be stunned if he made it to free agency, but I hope he does.

I think Calgary would be dumb to let him walk for free and I would imagine any team that acquires him will be looking to extend him. Which I think is the most likely case.

Reactions: CellyHard

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The deal is going to have to be more complicated than that. Lindholm and Hanifin together make about 9.8m. Even adding Gryz + Forbort for cap reasons doesn't clear enough space.
2/3 of Grzelcyk, Forbort, or Ullmark would have to be moved in other deals.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Hard to say. Depends on his strategy right? You don’t put certain teams on the list if you want to stay at all costs - Tampa, Rangers, Islanders, Stars etc. Teams who aren’t going to trade for a #1 goalie. Then you do the same with cap space - teams like Toronto where you know they can’t trade for you.

But as we’ve seen reported, there are several teams on almost everyone’s list. The Canadian teams - less so Tor and MTL - due to tax/other country issues. Then the Buffalo/AZ/CBJ world of places no one wants to go.

With a capped out league like this, a 15 team NTC pretty much means no trade, especially for a netminder.

FWIW, with taxes, cost of living and even the value difference in currencies, every Canadian city that has an NHL team would actually be financially beneficial for Ullmark to go to as opposed to massachusetts.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
2/3 of Grzelcyk, Forbort, or Ullmark would have to be moved in other deals.
Gryz, Forbort and Frederic still isn't enough, unless you are running with only 22 players on the roster (the extra F McLaughlin or Lauko) AND you sign Swayman for roughly 2.1m. Which is very highly unlikely.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
@Number8 If the cost to get Lindholm and Hanifin was 2 of Poitras/Lysell/Beecher + 1st + Frederic + Lohrei, would you do it?
No, I honestly wouldn't. Nor do I think this package gets it done, either. Just my opinion -- I may be completely wrong.

I just feel that that would entirely empty our cupboard of picks and prospects. Bottom line to me is that we've had great success over the past many years -- paying the piper had to come. We may just have to be a good to average team for a while.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I can't see they replacing (to be honest I don't think it's possible) Bergeron this year. I do think they will go all in next free agency.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
No, I honestly wouldn't. Nor do I think this package gets it done, either. Just my opinion -- I may be completely wrong.

I just feel that that would entirely empty our cupboard of picks and prospects. Bottom line to me is that we've had great success over the past many years -- paying the piper had to come. We may just have to be a good to average team for a while.
I wouldn't either. Not only does it decimate the prospect pool (devoid of much high-end/high-probability players as it is), but also there's a cap concern as we have almost no money going out in that scenario.

If the Bruins want to add a top six C to the current group, it's going to have to be some kind of a "hockey deal" that sees salary going in both directions. And that's... Unlikely? So I think we're stuck with crossed fingers (Geekie, Coyle, Poitras, Merkulov? to an extent Zacha) as our solution in those roles.

Since we're on the topic: I wonder if the Flames would be inclined to trade Huberdeau? They seem intent on keeping some of their guys, but this is a player they were decidedly unhappy with last year and likely vice versa. Just a thought.

Reactions: Gordoff and Number8

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Didn't Neely just confirm that was something they were going to address?
1. He's pretty vague. No timeline given and no specifics as to plan.

2. How many times are we going to listen to them say things like this and then nothing happen before we understand what's truly being communicated: Absolutely nothing.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The biggest non-roster asset the Bruins will have in one year's time is cap space. If they are willing to take their medicine this season rather than trade those few non-roster assets they can avoid creating one hole while filling another. What good is a zero-sum tradeoff?

Now, that's both good and bad because fewer and fewer players worth signing to big free agents deals are hitting the market. (FA is always a risky proposition under the best of circumstances, anyway.) But that might really be their only choice if they want to avoid a long stretch of mediocrity. Bad drafting followed by trading away all your draft picks is how a team ends up sucking for a long time. Do they want to make that future more likely by also trading additional picks and prospects to make the 2023/24 team better? I can't see why that would be worth it.

Now if they can do it for a cost-controlled top-line player? Yeah, probably, almost certainly, but how likely is that?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
1. He's pretty vague. No timeline given and no specifics as to plan.

2. How many times are we going to listen to them say things like this and then nothing happen before we understand what's truly being communicated: Absolutely nothing.
"We'll do whatever we can to bolster that position" is vague? Timeline is vague but to me seems pretty obvious it's this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad