Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No news is good news.
I’d bet my Kane’s homey dipped donut he’s done

I'm not a big Forbort fan either. But experience for D-men is key.

And I don't see anything there with Zboril (I've never been a fan either going back to his last WJC) and he's been given a lot of chances here and hasn't made a case for a full-time job. Even as far back as 2021 he was one of the young D they wanted to give opportunities to when they explained to Chara what they wanted his role to be (and he went to the Caps). He didn't grab it then despite having a head-start having played in Europe that Nov/Dec.

The fact they sat him for basically an entire 3 months speaks volumes.

He did play well at the most recent World Championships for the Czechs. How much that translates I have no idea.

I'd love a left-shot D-man who is both better and cheaper than Forbort.

I thought about Wortherspoon yesterday, At 775k, they could carry him and have a 23-man roster and be cap compliant (just barely though, 4k).

The difference between his salary and Zboril's may make him the better option. Same ages, same draft year.

Anyways good timing for me. I'm heading out on a 3-week camping trip just as the Bruins basically clue up their off-season business. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the summer and early fall getting ready for the new hockey season!

Cheers!
Have a great time

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not sure, but I’d be surprised if he pulled a big trade before the season starts. I think the Bruins will go with their current roster and see how the start of the season goes. Krejci is my only wild card before the season, etc..
If the Bruins start the season well, they’ll likely bank cap space for something to happen later near the trade deadline etc.
If the Bruins struggle from the start of the season, then I think you might see decent hockey trade to address needs.
Remember, our G and D are basically the same from most of last season. So there is a good chance that we could be somewhat decent.
If face-offs, possession percentage, turnovers, penalty killing and scoring is affecting our results, then something will happen likely sooner than later.
So I don’t expect anything significant before the season, but stranger things have happened.
Good stuff Ranold...Logical.

Reactions: GordonHowe

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Didn't know where to ask this but if the B's could somehow acquire Lindholm from Calgary but for cap reasons you hade to trade Coyle of Carlo, which one would you trade?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Don't think Hampus can play C.

B's mutually terminating Debrusk's contract to make the salary work or is there some special magic fairy dust that created 4m in cap space?
I love how everyone on this board seems to just go for the biggest zinger possible with every reply instead of critical thinking and having a good faith discussion.

with that said, IF they were trading for Lindholm (unlikely now, but can definitely see them pursuing him hard at the deadline), a totally realistic move like trading Forbort to Anaheim (who currently has 5 NHL D) and having Calgary retain 25% on Lindholm would make it work pretty cleanly without nonsense like "mutually terminating Debrusk's contract". But hey good on you for scoring HF snark points.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
They should have bolstered that position years ago! Last top 6 center that had was Tyler Seguin drafted in 2010!Pathetic !

Yea but why be proactive when you can do your homework last minute and still get a C+

As long as the bruins bring the jacobs family money there will never be a strong push to make the kinds of moves that separate the perennial cup winners from the gets close but rarely gets to crack open those lanceros

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
We should just pause on Lindholm and MS chatter until the TDL when retention and banked cap space makes a trade all the easier.
yeah I really don't think they're making any more moves until the TDL and if they do make a deadline move it'll only be for a guy that they plan on extending. They've made sacrifices to ensure they have loads of cap space next Summer and they aren't going to squander that. I also think there's no way they're giving up assets for rentals this year, even if they're firmly in a playoff spot. This is not an "all-in" type season, even if they over-perform.

I think their roster as currently constructed is totally capable of making the playoffs. If they make any more moves this year it'll likely be at the TDL to build on that long-term.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I love how everyone on this board seems to just go for the biggest zinger possible with every reply instead of critical thinking and having a good faith discussion.

with that said, IF they were trading for Lindholm (unlikely now, but can definitely see them pursuing him hard at the deadline), a totally realistic move like trading Forbort to Anaheim (who currently has 5 NHL D) and having Calgary retain 25% on Lindholm would make it work pretty cleanly without nonsense like "mutually terminating Debrusk's contract". But hey good on you for scoring HF snark points.
This person is a Habs fan so I don’t understand why he comes here and spreads misinformation

Bottom line is we all love the great game of hockey

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Didn't know where to ask this but if the B's could somehow acquire Lindholm from Calgary but for cap reasons you hade to trade Coyle of Carlo, which one would you trade?
Lindholm alone will not make you a winner , he will need a supporting cast and Coyle would be just that ..........I know what you are trying to do and that is make a cap deal , doesn't work in opinion..........

Reactions: hrdpuk

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I’m not sure I buy the logic of “ well the Bruins were up 3-1 in the Florida series and Bergeron and Krejci ( both injured) come back and look what happened? “ Zacha had real good stretches this year but he also had stretches where he was invisible and Coyle just seems better suited as the 3 C . It’s not good enough over the long haul of a regular season. They need a center . I don’t particularly want Krejci back but we might need him when it’s just not working with Zacha / Coyle .

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I’m not sure I buy the logic of “ well the Bruins were up 3-1 in the Florida series and Bergeron and Krejci ( both injured) come back and look what happened? “ Zacha had real good stretches this year but he also had stretches where he was invisible and Coyle just seems better suited as the 3 C . It’s not good enough over the long haul of a regular season. They need a center . I don’t particularly want Krejci back but we might need him when it’s just not working with Zacha / Coyle .
To be fair what worked over the long haul of a regular season meant nothing in the end.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Regular season doesn’t matter folks!!!!!

If Zacha and Coyle aren’t great regular season no big deal

Team a WC team if they aren’t great

Playoffs they were 3-1 as top two lines centers before Bergy & Krejci came back

And if Sweens & Goldie feel like trade deadline they want to pick up a Max Domi type or Eric Staal, Sweens will work his magic

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

And if Sweens & Goldie feel like trade deadline they want to pick up a Max Domi type or Eric Staal, Sweens will work his magic
Work his magic with what though? He's clearly done it in the past, I just don't know what's left in the tank. At some point they should avoid dumping the picks and prospects they still have, at least I would think.

Sturm und Drang

Aug 9, 2008

Is that true that they were 3-1 without Bergeron and Krejci? Didn’t Krejci play in 4 games and Bergeron 3? I think they were only both out for a couple games in the middle of the series.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

According to everything I hear on the radio , this team is loaded with guys that can only play well in the regular season. So by their logic we should be good until the deadline for sure. LOL.

Reactions: hrdpuk

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is that true that they were 3-1 without Bergeron and Krejci? Didn’t Krejci play in 4 games and Bergeron 3? I think they were only both out for a couple games in the middle of the series.
They were up 3-1 and Monty not consulting any of his coaches created new lines never played before and scratched Freddy for first time on 81 games after centering third line games 3 and 4

No Bergeron or Krejci games 1-4

Zacha 18+ & Coyle 16 + for 35 of 60 minutes game 4 to go up 3-1 in a 6-2 win

I taped and watched to see if Freddie did something bad to get him scratched and 0.0

The byproduct of watching Freddie was seeing Zacha & Coyle dominate Florida

These posters are fantastic people yet I really wonder if they are on their phones or the game thread because their views rarely match up

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
My worry is that he was the co-leader of a perpetually underachieving team that was underachieving in no small part because he decided he didn’t give a f*** about playing defense and that spread across the roster like wild fire. We have been spoiled to root for a team where everyone buys in and plays the right way. The leadership group that enforces that is very small now. I don’t think it can withstand adding a high end talent like MS that doesn’t care about playing the right way.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
You have been trying to get rid of Frederic like I have Grzcelyk. Freddy is here for two more years.

We'll see.

The way is clear for Frederic to prove he belongs here, with plenty of minutes and every opportunity to do so.

We'll see.

I felt buying him out would of been the right move.

True, but if we assume they'll carry 13, if a young guy who doesn't need waivers makes the team, that young guy is in the line-up and pushes someone on a one-way to the press box. There are 12 forwards on one-ways I think make this team over Greer.

I think Greer is here but of the 13 forwards projected on the roster, I think he's the most likely to lose his spot.

Unfortunately, he fizzled out.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

agree with all this but they should not invest one single asset in any sort of rental this year. that's the biggest lesson they can learn from FL's run imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad