Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Both are UFA after this season.

Keeping Zboril over Forbort is a gain of just $12,500 in terms of cap space. Essentially no gain at all in the big picture.

Forbort has 493 games of NHL experience compared to Zboril's 76.

That's why you keep Forbort over Zboril. I'd value experience on the back-end come playoff time. Then-rookie Jeremy Lauzon in the 2021 playoffs still gives me nightmares.

Forbort gives them an ace penalty killer who blocks shots. When he wasn't in the linup last season, their PK suffered significantly.

Zboril was drafted nearly ten years ago and hasn't done shit, for whatever reason.

Good luck to him but I want him gone, at long last.

Reactions: Yeti34

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Two or 3 years later I found out it was Werenski they were going to get if they could move up.
That's somewhat consistent with what I read. I read that Sweeney was trying for any of the 3 dmen who were ranked above Zboril: Hanifin, Werenski, and Provorov, but that Hanifin was his first choice.

But who knows for certain.

Reactions: bbfan419

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Regular season doesn’t matter folks!!!!!

If Zacha and Coyle aren’t great regular season no big deal

Team a WC team if they aren’t great

Playoffs they were 3-1 as top two lines centers before Bergy & Krejci came back

And if Sweens & Goldie feel like trade deadline they want to pick up a Max Domi type or Eric Staal, Sweens will work his magic
Yeah and how many first rounders will these mediocrities cost?

Reactions: DKH

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
We should just pause on Lindholm and MS chatter until the TDL when retention and banked cap space makes a trade all the easier.

That's probably best.

I wish the Bruins could sign EL now, but that is unlikely, as the price would likely be prohibitive.

They're going to have to see what they have in Zacha, Coyle, Geekie, Frederic, and prospects like Georgie and MP.

WE all knew this was coming. I'm interested to see how everything shakes out.

Looking forward to Geekie v. Frederic, if it comes to that.

Get Your Geek On!

Reactions: wintersej

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Yea but why be proactive when you can do your homework last minute and still get a C+

As long as the bruins bring the jacobs family money there will never be a strong push to make the kinds of moves that separate the perennial cup winners from the gets close but rarely gets to crack open those lanceros

Actually, I don't believe that's the case these days.

Yes, as always, all Jacobs cares about is the coin.

But I think Sweeney and Neely, successfully or not, want to ice more than a "competitive" team, ala Sinden.

They want to win, and are willing to do what they can to make that happen.

With their faults, these are not Harry Sinden's Bruins anymore, thank God.

Sturm und Drang

Aug 9, 2008
They were up 3-1 and Monty not consulting any of his coaches created new lines never played before and scratched Freddy for first time on 81 games after centering third line games 3 and 4

No Bergeron or Krejci games 1-4

Zacha 18+ & Coyle 16 + for 35 of 60 minutes game 4 to go up 3-1 in a 6-2 win

I taped and watched to see if Freddie did something bad to get him scratched and 0.0

The byproduct of watching Freddie was seeing Zacha & Coyle dominate Florida

These posters are fantastic people yet I really wonder if they are on their phones or the game thread because their views rarely match up
NHL.com box score has Krejci playing over 20 minutes in game 1. I think he was in for game 2 as well. Coyle and Zacha were good though. I don’t blame the coach for playing their top centers when healthy, but some of the line juggling was weird.

Florida Panthers - Boston Bruins - April 17th, 2023

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Lindholm rumors won't go away. Only meaningful pieces you can move are DeBrusk, Gryz and Ullmark, and Calgary doesn't want a goalie so it would have to be DeBrusk and/or Gryz. Just don't see how this happens.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I’m not sure I buy the logic of “ well the Bruins were up 3-1 in the Florida series and Bergeron and Krejci ( both injured) come back and look what happened? “ Zacha had real good stretches this year but he also had stretches where he was invisible and Coyle just seems better suited as the 3 C . It’s not good enough over the long haul of a regular season. They need a center . I don’t particularly want Krejci back but we might need him when it’s just not working with Zacha / Coyle .
Agreed !! I feel it was more of the whole team stepping their game up a notch when Bergy and kreech were out and then human nature kind of took over upon their return and they took their foot off the gas some what and it didn't hurt Bergy coming back injured.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They were up 3-1 and Monty not consulting any of his coaches created new lines never played before and scratched Freddy for first time on 81 games after centering third line games 3 and 4

No Bergeron or Krejci games 1-4

Zacha 18+ & Coyle 16 + for 35 of 60 minutes game 4 to go up 3-1 in a 6-2 win

I taped and watched to see if Freddie did something bad to get him scratched and 0.0

The byproduct of watching Freddie was seeing Zacha & Coyle dominate Florida

These posters are fantastic people yet I really wonder if they are on their phones or the game thread because their views rarely match up

I have quite different recollection of events. Especially with the claim krejci didn’t play until game 5 and Frederic didn’t do anything to deserve being sat.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That's probably best.

I wish the Bruins could sign EL now, but that is unlikely, as the price would likely be prohibitive.

They're going to have to see what they have in Zacha, Coyle, Geekie, Frederic, and prospects like Georgie and MP.

WE all knew this was coming. I'm interested to see how everything shakes out.

Looking forward to Geekie v. Frederic, if it comes to that.

Get Your Geek On!

I could see Geekie being a better fit with DeBrusk and Marchand even. It’s optimism time baby!

Reactions: GordonHowe

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Lindholm rumors won't go away. Only meaningful pieces you can move are DeBrusk, Gryz and Ullmark, and Calgary doesn't want a goalie so it would have to be DeBrusk and/or Gryz. Just don't see how this happens.
The only one there I would not trade is DeBrusk, we need young forwards who can score and he can do that, Ullmark or Gryz for Lindholm, I have no problem moving either of them in a deal.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Actually, I don't believe that's the case these days.

Yes, as always, all Jacobs cares about is the coin.

But I think Sweeney and Neely, successfully or not, want to ice more than a "competitive" team, ala Sinden.

They want to win, and are willing to do what they can to make that happen.

With their faults, these are not Harry Sinden's Bruins anymore, thank God.

I definitely think they “want to win”, sweeney is one of the better gm’s in the league BUT, they’ve failed miserably at the question of what to do with center and it’s because they’ve taken 37 and 46 for granted for years now as if they’d play forever. This past season was like a perfect all at once epitome of their gamble on not going for a better center sometime between 2015 and 2022… I mean, they didn’t even go for a center with high upside except for maybe Donato in that critical stretch when it was obvious that hey eventually bergeron and Krejci won’t be here so grab some guys that could fight for at least one of their jobs and be ready right around the time they’re ready to retire. You could argue the Vaakaneinen pick especially, essentially the 16-19 drafts, that they spent less picks than they should have on guys that could pan out as a 70-80 point center eventually

A lot of dominoes need to fall especially when you consider the key hurdle of less draft picks due to TDL deals that were for the purpose of bolstering a playoff team, but it’s just too much of a gap to look at 8 years and not have an answer somewhere in there for center, Beecher and frederic ain’t it

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Training camp and pre season games are going to be electric with all the competition for spots and line positioning. I'm looking forward to next year not because I think they'll win the cup, but instead to see who separates themselves with compete and skill on an underdog team...then it'll be time to cull the herd and focus on 2024 needs with all our cap space. I think they will be competitive in the regular season and might make the playoffs because all the short term contracts on the team will elevate compete levels...which will likely be exciting hockey with some truculence. No one feels stable on this team except Pasta, Marchy and Charlie M ..the rest are fighting for their Bruins lives. Bring it on, I think we will find some gems with all the pressure.

Edit: I realize it could also be a spectacular failure lol

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Not gonna lie - I'm excited to see what this team looks like this season. I really don't know what to expect. There is a lot of opportunity for players to prove themselves - Geekie, Boqvist, Lauko, Frederic, Mitchell, Merkulov etc etc etc - just feel like this will be a season full of energy

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Not gonna lie - I'm excited to see what this team looks like this season. I really don't know what to expect. There is a lot of opportunity for players to prove themselves - Geekie, Boqvist, Lauko, Frederic, Mitchell, Merkulov etc etc etc - just feel like this will be a season full of energy

I'm quite curious about point totals for

Zacha
Debrusk
Coyle
Geekie

Really wonder what they're final totals will be

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
When he was out the PK improved.

Stop pushing this nonsense
From Oct 12 to Nov 1 with Forbort they were at 94.2%

From Nov 2 to Nov 28 they were 76.1% without him.

From Nov 29 to Mar 16 with him they were at 86% with him.

From mar 17 to start of playoffs they were 93.9% without him.

On which planet is that improved without him?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
agree with all this but they should not invest one single asset in any sort of rental this year. that's the biggest lesson they can learn from FL's run imo

Agreed, I can't help but wonder what would have happened if they just went into the PO'S as they were.

I was all aboard with the TDL additions, I'm not going to pretend otherwise but in hindsight TDL additions only gave away a bunch of futures for sweet FA. It may have put players in the mind set that they didn't have to grind out anything, they were so much better than anyone until they weren't.

Even I as a fan never entertained the possibility of them losing to the Panthers until in an instant they did.

So I fully agree, no matter it looks like, go into the PO'S without giving up futures........as long as those futures don't include a Linholm/Hanifin combo. I wouldn't regard that as rental. That is a long term investment.

Forbort gives them an ace penalty killer who blocks shots. When he wasn't in the linup last season, their PK suffered significantly.

Zboril was drafted nearly ten years ago and hasn't done shit, for whatever reason.

Good luck to him but I want him gone, at long last.

I wish there was an unlike option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad