Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Avs fan here, I made a roster from both sides on capfriendly, and I didn't really know your side of things but would you accept a trade of

Girard
Oskar olausson (20yr Rw)
Draft pick

Grzelyck
Frederic's rights
Draft pick

Your top 4 would be a combo of Girard, McAvoy, Lindholm and Carlo basically the next 4 years

Gryz and Girard is a lateral move. I can sit here and list off reasons why Gryz is better using fancy stats and you can do the same with Girard with production. Same tier of player although Girard is younger (and more expensive which is meaningful with the Bruins tight cap). Just too much of making a move to make a move when you know Gryz and McAvoy have worked together since McAvoy was a freshman in college.

Bruins already have Lysell as a smooth skating puck carrying RW from the 2021 draft and the better one at that. Giving up on Frederics uniqueness and versatility for that doesn’t make sense.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Gryz and Girard is a lateral move. I can sit here and list off reasons why Gryz is better using fancy stats and you can do the same with Girard with production. Same tier of player although Girard is younger (and more expensive which is meaningful with the Bruins tight cap). Just too much of making a move to make a move when you know Gryz and McAvoy have worked together since McAvoy was a freshman in college.

Bruins already have Lysell as a smooth skating puck carrying RW from the 2021 draft and the better one at that. Giving up on Frederics uniqueness and versatility for that doesn’t make sense.
I'd definitely say it would be a true hockey move. I was rather proud of this combo that I made a thread on the trade board, see how it goes.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I'd definitely say it would be a true hockey move. I was rather proud of this combo that I made a thread on the trade board, see how it goes.
Sorry, but it was a bad trade for Boston giving up too much!. Not worth giving up a pick for Boston.

Reactions: Smitty93

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
As much as I would love to have MS , WTF are we gonna offer up? We have nothing to give that we can part with or any team would want other than Grizz and Linus. I could see the Jets wanting Linus but I can't see Linus wanting the Jets . Maybe Grizz and a Kiss?
Bruins can wait and go get Schefele this time next year for cash when he is a UFA I believe.Cheaper far as prospects & young players which Jets will want.You can also bet Swayman would be target not Ullmark in my humble opinion.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Bruins I believe are done for the summer
Sweeney and the fam probably on vacation.

Has a date in his calendar it check in with Bergeron or Krejci sometime in August, but otherwise probably has his out of office on.

Bruins I believe are done for the summer

Has a date in his calendar it check in with Bergeron or Krejci, but otherwise probably has his out
Bruins can wait and go get Schefele this time next year for cash when he is a UFA I believe.Cheaper far as prospects & young players which Jets will want.You can also bet Swayman would be target not Ullmark in my humble opinion.
"Just wait til they get to UFA and sign them for nothing." More often than not a coveted player doesn't make it to UFA. And if they do, most of the time they are overpaid. It's still a possibility, and with the Bruins lack of assets, might be the only way to go. But may not be the first choice.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Scheifele would be an abysmal add.

All the on ice issues he has
All the locker room issues Winnipegs had

Trading for him would take the rest of the assets they have and then you’d have to give a mega deal to 31y who’s game has been declinining

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bergeron is probably my 2nd favorite player of all time behind Bourque but I’ve lost a lot of respect for him these past couple years. His ultimatum regarding Cassidy last year (if that’s true) and now holding the team hostage by not announcing whether or not he’s retiring. He’s clearly putting himself ahead of the team.
Yeh I don’t think so

Has a date in his calendar it check in with Bergeron or Krejci sometime in August, but otherwise probably has his out of office on.

Has a date in his calendar it check in with Bergeron or Krejci, but otherwise probably has his out

"Just wait til they get to UFA and sign them for nothing." More often than not a coveted player doesn't make it to UFA. And if they do, most of the time they are overpaid. It's still a possibility, and with the Bruins lack of assets, might be the only way to go. But may not be the first choice.
He was at Warrior yesterday

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Scheifele would be an abysmal add.

All the on ice issues he has
All the locker room issues Winnipegs had

Trading for him would take the rest of the assets they have and then you’d have to give a mega deal to 31y who’s game has been declinining

His game is in decline but he just potted a career high; 42 goals. That’s a pretty tasty take lmao

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh my Bergeron and Scheif Me !!!!

Report: Bruins ‘have expressed some interest' in Jets center Mark Scheifele

Mon, Jul 3, 2023, 10:45 AM EDT·2 min read

The Boston Bruins are going to need another top-six center in the very near future, regardless of whether Patrice Bergeron and/or David Krejci retire this offseason.
Pavel Zacha and Charlie Coyle played well as the top two centers in Games 3 and 4 of last season's first-round playoff series against the Florida Panthers, but you're probably not winning a Stanley Cup if those two guys are your No. 1 and No. 2 centers. Zacha and Coyle are better suited as No. 2 and No. 3 centers, respectively.
Schiefele

Easy enough fit for 50% retained and only 30

One year to UFA so Bruins can see if fits

Sign me up

He’s a stud and Perfetti loves him and I love Perfetti so therefore I must love Schiefele (I think that’s how a premise works)

Couple prospects not named Lohrei - let’s do it

Schiefele here is game changer

Bruins very very very good

I’m in if this is real

Love it

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
His game is in decline but he just potted a career high; 42 goals. That’s a pretty tasty take lmao

& yet with all that scoring he’s s losing player on the ice.
He doesn’t play a second of defense and his attitude is abysmal.

There’s plenty of people who see him more as a winger than as a center.

Now give up all the rest of the valuable assets they have and sign him to a longterm 9M deal at 31y.
It’s going to be an achor and his game screams red flags all over

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Right?!?
Bergeron AND Krejci combined for 43 last year.

That was the first time MS hit 40, but he is a PPG center. But what is he scoring if he isn’t cherry picking AS A CENTER all the time and actually plays average defense? 70 points? 60? I think it would be worth it to bring him in, but not paying a premium in trade assets AND then giving him a big long bad contract. Jets fans are currently wanting the moon for him and while that’s just the fan base, it’s also a group that the Jets will have to sell the trade to. I think he stays a Jet and they overpay him.

Reactions: GordonHowe

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

He also put up the most SOG of his career and had the highest S% of his career. This was the only time in his 12yr career he put up 40+ goals. So was this past season an outlier in goal scoring or should people expect him to pot 40+ every year now?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
the longer the Bruins delay the rebuild signing old players the easier it will be for teams like Florida and Carolina to send them to the shuffle board and golf courses.

The Bruins don't rebuild, they just don't. Rebuilds take a very very very very long time, like 10+ years long and are not guaranteed to work. A re-tool may take 3-5 years, which is what Boston goes for.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The Bruins don't rebuild, they just don't. Rebuilds take a very very very very long time, like 10+ years long and are not guaranteed to work. A re-tool may take 3-5 years, which is what Boston goes for.

well half measures wont work. they need a new center core

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He also put up the most SOG of his career and had the highest S% of his career. This was the only time in his 12yr career he put up 40+ goals. So was this past season an outlier in goal scoring or should people expect him to pot 40+ every year now?

I don’t expect him to pot 40+ every year at all. I just found it comical he’s “in decline” coming off his highest goal scoring season of his career. He hit 30 this past March.

End of the day, he’s a legit #1 center and would make us a contender which, as of right now, we’re not there.

If he’s in a decline as previously stated, I’ll still take the declining player.

— I wouldn’t be sending Swayman though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’m sure if you look into it, the hate from @BB88 stems from something to do with Patrick Laine :laugh:

Why?

Things have gotten only worse in Winnipeg since Laine left that place.

Your 1C can’t be bleeding goals against, be terrible defensively& lazy in effort.

It just can’t

2023 Mark Scheifele is not a franchise 1C and his game has been declining for years now.
He’s a defensive liability with million locker room concerns looking for massive payday for past his prime years

That’s a total window killer

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Marchy-XXXX-Debrusk
XXXX-Zacha-Pasta
JVR-Coyle-Frederic
Lucic-Geekie-Lauko
Greer

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Zboril

Ullmark
Swayman

Swayman 3 million
Frederic 2 million
Lauko .900k

0.3 million in space..........plus 2.35 if we send down Megna, Wortherspoon and Brown which gives us 2.65 total. This team looks completely different if Bergy and Krejci come back for a million each. Zacha moves to 2LW. Or if Bergy comes back and no Krejci, try Merkulov in the top 6 with Zacha and Pasta.

Outside of Bergy and Krejci, I really hope one or both of Gryz and Forbort get dealt. Hanifin with McAvoy would be my pipe dream.

Reactions: HustleB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don’t expect him to pot 40+ every year at all. I just found it comical he’s “in decline” coming off his highest goal scoring season of his career. He hit 30 this past March.

End of the day, he’s a legit #1 center and would make us a contender which, as of right now, we’re not there.

If he’s in a decline as previously stated, I’ll still take the declining player.

— I wouldn’t be sending Swayman though.

He'd need to seriously improve his defensive effort to make us a "contender" honestly. As I mentioned in a previous post, he was on the ice for nearly 40% of WPG's GA at 5v5 last season. You just cant have that with your #1C, at least not in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad