Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Cliff notes from 32 Thoughts on what they said about the bruins after free agency:

- There were a lot of teams interested in Geekie around the league and the Bruins managed to get him cause he was promised a bigger role here.
- Bruins are hoping a lot of younger players step up and push the vets we just signed either down or out of the lineup, no ones spot is guaranteed besides Geekie. Specifically mentioned Lauko, Lysell, McLaughlin, and Merkulov.

The vets are blocking spots!

Reactions: CDJ

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The other team can put up some serious points when he's on the ice too. In fact of the 147 5v5 GA for WPG, Scheifele was on the ice for just under 40% of them.
I'd like to see him in Boston, and see if those other teams will still be able to put up those serious points against him as a Bruin

Last edited:

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Cliff notes from 32 Thoughts on what they said about the bruins after free agency:

- There were a lot of teams interested in Geekie around the league and the Bruins managed to get him cause he was promised a bigger role here.
- Bruins are hoping a lot of younger players step up and push the vets we just signed either down or out of the lineup, no ones spot is guaranteed besides Geekie. Specifically mentioned Lauko, Lysell, McLaughlin, and Merkulov.
yes, the kids are going to have to win a job

Carolina looking skerry good

Did we sign any college FA’s

Reactions: Gordoff

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Avs fan here, I made a roster from both sides on capfriendly, and I didn't really know your side of things but would you accept a trade of

Girard
Oskar olausson (20yr Rw)
Draft pick

Grzelyck
Frederic's rights
Draft pick

Your top 4 would be a combo of Girard, McAvoy, Lindholm and Carlo basically the next 4 years

Reactions: PlayMakers

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Avs fan here, I made a roster from both sides on capfriendly, and I didn't really know your side of things but would you accept a trade of

Girard
Oscar olausson (20yr Rw)
Draft pick

Grzelyck
Frederic's rights
Draft pick

Your top 4 would be a combo of Girard, McAvoy, Lindholm and Carlo basically the next 4 years
In my opinion, it doesn't make sense for the Bruins. Lohrei will probably join the top 4 if not late this season, at the start of next season for a much less cap hit. The Bruins also want to get bigger on defense so although Girad will bring more offense than Grzelcyk, it's seen as a lateral move especially with Shattenkirk and Mitchell, who can bring some offense from the back-end, vying for spots on the roster. Frederic also fills more of a need for the Bruins than Olausson. Frederic has played all three forward positions and has a skillset the Bruins covet.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Bergeron is probably my 2nd favorite player of all time behind Bourque but I’ve lost a lot of respect for him these past couple years. His ultimatum regarding Cassidy last year (if that’s true) and now holding the team hostage by not announcing whether or not he’s retiring. He’s clearly putting himself ahead of the team.
Give it a rest dude. You have no idea as I have no idea what the deal was. All everyone knows is that coaches have shelf life. He also didn’t win shit her either. He is a good coach. All of this is true.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Girard
Oskar olausson (20yr Rw)
Draft pick

Grzelyck
Frederic's rights
Draft pick

We're short player adverse over here

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
As much as I would love to have MS , WTF are we gonna offer up? We have nothing to give that we can part with or any team would want other than Grizz and Linus. I could see the Jets wanting Linus but I can't see Linus wanting the Jets . Maybe Grizz and a Kiss?

Reactions: The don godfather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad