Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Scheifele would be great. Pasta-Scheifele-Marchy would be hard to stop. When was the last time Boston had a truly offensive center? Thornton? Wonder if Ullmark, Merkulov & Gryz would get it done?
They had one in Krejci. They just kept putting plugs beside him like Belesky, Backes and Coolwhip.

Wasted years with DK46. God dammit!

Thanks for the reminder. Lol

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Mark scheifele rumors swirling around Boston I see. The guy can put up some serious points.
Yes he can on both ends of the ice ...............68 points nice plus /minus -16 ......
his team was 10th in GA and 7th in PK..............remember -16 with one of the best goalies in the league................as Tony the Tiger says ....GREAT!!!!!

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
So I get the impression Sweeney wasn't moving a goalie anyways, but fair to say Gibson requesting a trade kills any speculation there, at least until that domino falls? I just don't see there being a huge trademarket for multiple goalies

Bergeron is probably my 2nd favorite player of all time behind Bourque but I’ve lost a lot of respect for him these past couple years. His ultimatum regarding Cassidy last year (if that’s true) and now holding the team hostage by not announcing whether or not he’s retiring. He’s clearly putting himself ahead of the team.
Oh stop sounding like a pink hat fan 🙄

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Scheifele would be great. Pasta-Scheifele-Marchy would be hard to stop. When was the last time Boston had a truly offensive center? Thornton? Wonder if Ullmark, Merkulov & Gryz would get it done?

I'm not sure how the Bruins make it work, both with assets to acquire him and the money it'll take to make it work this year.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Cliff notes from 32 Thoughts on what they said about the bruins after free agency:

- There were a lot of teams interested in Geekie around the league and the Bruins managed to get him cause he was promised a bigger role here.
- Bruins are hoping a lot of younger players step up and push the vets we just signed either down or out of the lineup, no ones spot is guaranteed besides Geekie. Specifically mentioned Lauko, Lysell, McLaughlin, and Merkulov.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't think it would. And more importantly, Ullmark isn't waiving for WPG.

How are waivers ordered in the offseason anyway? Is it based on the final regular season standings, or is it like the draft order where the conference finalists bump up to 29-32, or something entirely different?
Regular season standings until sometime in November.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad