Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So you're saying Leafs have met expectations better than the Bruins have? McDavid has met his expectations in the playoffs better than the Bruins in the last decade?

Again your words you said they are the biggest chokers. No one else does it like them. Your own definition: The Bruins have failed to act, perform or behave as expected, moreso than every team in the past decade...even with multiple cup appareances. I'm probably splitting hairs but...wow.....

Yes, I am saying unequivocally the bruins have been the biggest chokers in the entirety of the NHL over the past decade.

The bar is set higher for the bruins because they’ve been a significantly better regular season team than those two teams over the past decade.

Half of the past decade toronto and Edmonton have been basement dwellers. Can’t choke when there’s no expectations to begin with for half the decade.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yes, I am saying unequivocally the bruins have been the biggest chokers in the entirety of the NHL over the past decade.

The bar is set higher for the bruins because they’ve been a significantly better regular season team than those two teams over the past decade.

Half of the past decade toronto and Edmonton have been basement dwellers. Can’t choke when there’s no expectations to begin with for half the decade.
Ok

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
So what are folks best offers for Schieffle, Lindholm and/or Hanifin.

Seems like the best chance for the Bruins to spend all their cash for next season wisely is by getting one of these guys NOW rather than find ourselves having to talk ourselves into Sam Reinhart or something. Or do you roll the dice and hope Matthews, Aho or Nylander make it some how?

Does 2025 1st + Frederic + Lysell sniff at either of those centers? Maybe DeBrusk instead of Frederic? Would you go as far as Swayman for Schieffle at 50%?
Well, I’ve been wrong about everything this off season but it feels like that dream is fading. Sweeney says he can’t get value for his big ticket players and he’s probably averse to moving another 1st, given his talk about finding a way to claw back some picks.

Marinovsky/Ryan seem to think the plan is to bring Bergeron back and preserve their assets for next spring when teams have the cap flexibility to make bigger moves.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Well, I’ve been wrong about everything this off season but it feels like that dream is fading. Sweeney says he can’t get value for his big ticket players and he’s probably averse to moving another 1st, given his talk about finding a way to claw back some picks.

Marinovsky/Ryan seem to think the plan is to bring Bergeron back and preserve their assets for next spring when teams have the cap flexibility to make bigger moves.
If they plan to bring Bergeron back and he retires, then well... Not a good plan.

I know this season was going to be difficult. But I really wish they hadn't punted. I wish even just a little bit more had been done to open up cap room. I wish there was an attempt to change the makeup of the team to address their playoff loss.

At least we have Looch and some fun young players to follow.

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Ok just don’t tell me you are tougher than a professional hockey player

Forbort Carlo & Lindholm blocking 100 mph shots and going up against the toughest forwards in game are soft :laugh:

I have met many wonderful people here but not one I can see blocking a shot or moving even Matt Grzelcyk out of the crease
Let's make it date then. I block 75 shots and you give me $6.5 million.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
So you're saying Leafs have met expectations better than the Bruins have? McDavid has met his expectations in the playoffs better than the Bruins in the last decade?

Again your words you said they are the biggest chokers. No one else does it like them. Your own definition: The Bruins have failed to act, perform or behave as expected, moreso than every team in the past decade...even with multiple cup appareances. I'm probably splitting hairs but...wow.....
No one expected the Leafs to make it out of the first round. Them making it to the second round exceeded expectations. That's only partially a joke, but for that fan base, at least they won a round this time.

Bruins on the otherhand set a record and were dominant for about 82 games, only to give up a 3-1 series lead and lose in 7 to the 8th seed. Expectation was that they would go on a deep run. Regular season sets expectations.

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
No health issues with either? Isn’t Bergeron having surgery and would miss half the season?

Marchand of old maybe. Not modern day Marchand. Todays version has pretty much zero snarl to his game
Take Bergy out of his line and let him play the way he wants. I think there is plenty of snarl left.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Question was who is "tough" enough to block shots. Those guys earn too much to be tough anymore.
Toughness is a mindset and comes in many forms

Women to me are generally tougher then men

Fighting has nothing to do with toughness- I was in best US judo school/program and saw supposed tough guys last a week they couldn’t take it

People who are individually worried about being tough aren’t is my observation- they got other shit going on

The NHL has a regular season where young millionaires focus on playing hockey and cheap and dirty is minimal

Really you are rich, your opponents are often your friends or friends of teammates - the Kevin Bacon 6th degrees of separation

The playoffs come and the dirty BS rears It’s ugly head

Pierre Luc Dubois is on video answering questions from young youth hockey players saying Brandon Carlo is the ‘toughest’ defenseman in the league for him to play against then listed his size, strength, skating, reach and positioning

Three time Cup champion Ken Daneyko defined by toughness said the 2021 playoff series against Islanders flipped when Carlo got hurt (clutterbuck dirty premeditated kill shot) with Bruins up 2-1 in series. As Mike Johnson & Ken Daneyko pointed out Matt Barzal could not do anything against Carlo - remove him and replace with Cliffy and chaos

Yet screw Daneyko & Dubois you want hard hitting analysis on Brandon Carlo’s toughness ? Read HF Boards or tune into Felger & Mazz 2-6 M-F (be advised summer hours ‘diff’ as Felger is at his Nantucket get away’ Fridays throughout the summer

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Toughness is a mindset and comes in many forms

Women to me are generally tougher then men

Fighting has nothing to do with toughness- I was in best US judo school/program and saw supposed tough guys last a week they couldn’t take it

People who are individually worried about being tough aren’t is my observation- they got other shit going on

The NHL has a regular season where young millionaires focus on playing hockey and cheap and dirty is minimal

Really you are rich, your opponents are often your friends or friends of teammates - the Kevin Bacon 6th degrees of separation

The playoffs come and the dirty BS rears It’s ugly head

Pierre Luc Dubois is on video answering questions from young youth hockey players saying Brandon Carlo is the ‘toughest’ defenseman in the league for him to play against then listed his size, strength, skating, reach and positioning

Three time Cup champion Ken Daneyko defined by toughness said the 2021 playoff series against Islanders flipped when Carlo got hurt (clutterbuck dirty premeditated kill shot) with Bruins up 2-1 in series. As Mike Johnson & Ken Daneyko pointed out Matt Barzal could not do anything against Carlo - remove him and replace with Cliffy and chaos

Yet screw Daneyko & Dubois you want hard hitting analysis on Brandon Carlo’s toughness ? Read HF Boards or tune into Felger & Mazz 2-6 M-F (be advised summer hours ‘diff’ as Felger is at his Nantucket get away’ Fridays throughout the summer
Wish we could frame this post and hang it somewhere on this board

Reactions: hrdpuk

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If they plan to bring Bergeron back and he retires, then well... Not a good plan.

I know this season was going to be difficult. But I really wish they hadn't punted. I wish even just a little bit more had been done to open up cap room. I wish there was an attempt to change the makeup of the team to address their playoff loss.

At least we have Looch and some fun young players to follow.
I agree with changing the makeup. Even if you couldn’t make a trade for a 1c, they could have rebuilt the D to include a bruiser.

I will say, the one change in makeup from last year to this year is that there are a lot more guys who go to the net and stay there. That’s something they’ve been lacking and have added in Geekie, JVR and Lucic.

Reactions: capecodder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad