Status
Not open for further replies.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Im probably wrong person to ask about this team choking or soft

HF Boards will categorize you he Bruins as chokers or non cholers as an organization all predicated they are or aren’t based on a Brad Marchand breakaway in game 5, a Dmitri Orlov crossbar and Charlie McAvoy stick deflection in game 7

Seems more like Bruins fans are hurt and using the two mesnest labels you can call a professional sports team or player

Brad Marchand is 5’9 and sure seems like one of the toughest pound for pound player in the game who in game 7 in Vancouver was one of three stars

Now he’s morphed into soft and a choker

I’m not buying

Those here using soft and chokers are angry and hurt and calling the team chokers and soft is easier then discussing with a professional
Simple solution to avoid the “choker” tag: win the f***ing Cup.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Bruins have tough players like Marchand but in the playoffs they aren’t a tough team to play against. Having those guys that can wear opponents down through the course of a series’s is the toughness we are missing. At the end of the day Marchand can be the toughest guy in the league but he’s also 5’9” and 35 years old and isn’t going to wear opponents down physically like some of the bigger guys can.

Don’t construe this as me wanting Gudas but he absolutely wore down Marchand and several other Bruins. That Fla team was a tough team to play against.

Dom in your grid are those the lines your expecting with Geekie centering line 2?
No

Reactions: bbfan419

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Chicago beat writer in The Athletic noting the belief that Chicago should have gotten more for Hall' contract.

Blackhawks accomplished what they set out to, adding a few top-six forwards and a few veterans to the dressing room. Plus, they had to get above the cap floor. While adding Taylor Hall made sense to support Connor Bedard, it did seem like they could have gotten the Bruins to pay a bit more for taking on an unwanted contract. — Scott Powers

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Someone explain to me what soft is ? It’s tossed around here but not explanation that supports it

If a team is soft they would be exposed on the road before a hostile crowd

They would be run out of the building - looking over their shoulders

So why after 50 years of no Stanley Cup games in St Louis for gsme 3 did the Bruins go in there and win game 7-2 and knock out Binghamton?

If they were a soft team it would show in the road ?

Game 6 in St Louis with Cup in the building the so called soft Bruins ate the Blues for lunch 5-1. The only game they lost in St Louis was a close game they lose Chara in first with a broken jaw and had to play 5 defenders

Soft, choke lol come on folks get your shit together
Soft is not going to the slot or driving the net. Soft is when a teammate is taken out by a dirty or borderline hit, there is a player close by who suddenly becomes fascinated with how his skates are tied and changes right away. Soft is not clearing the slot as a D. Soft is not responding when your goalie gets run over and you just watch. Soft is not responding to clean hits by hitting back. Soft is not gong into the corners and winning puck battles. Soft is playing on the perimeter and not being wiling to take hits to get to the better scoring areas. Soft is giving up pucks because you have been hit too often. Soft is being punched in the face and crying to a ref instead of doing something yourself. Soft is letting in weak goals. Soft is not responding when challenged. Soft is blowing leads and series leads. Soft is this defense.

Personification of soft was Jacob Forsbecka-Karlsson. He ran home because he couldn't take the physicality at an NHL level, even by today's standards. Matt Grzelcyk's playoff performance the last 4 years is soft.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
When it comes down to it, anyway you slice it they’ve vastly underperformed in the playoffs compared to their regular season success.

Idk what you want to call it, but by definition it’s choking. Not sure anger or hurt is the right word, more frustration of the exact same scenario constantly playing out without making necessary changes.
I don’t know what to say except, try and move on. They don’t pay your bills. Get over it. It was a great season cut short. Oh well. Too good to be true, but life goes on.
I don't know how much was just injuries, but they were a team that didn't handle getting smacked well.
they haven’t for a while. Their 1-2 lines get pushed around all the time because it’s all skill players on those lines. Marchand is to small to do anything about it. Having Lucic and then Horton on those lines helped quite a bit.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Im probably wrong person to ask about this team choking or soft

HF Boards will categorize you he Bruins as chokers or non cholers as an organization all predicated they are or aren’t based on a Brad Marchand breakaway in game 5, a Dmitri Orlov crossbar and Charlie McAvoy stick deflection in game 7

Seems more like Bruins fans are hurt and using the two mesnest labels you can call a professional sports team or player

Brad Marchand is 5’9 and sure seems like one of the toughest pound for pound player in the game who in game 7 in Vancouver was one of three stars

Now he’s morphed into soft and a choker

I’m not buying

Those here using soft and chokers are angry and hurt and calling the team chokers and soft is easier then discussing with a professional
McQuaid, K.Miller, Seidenberg, Chara, Boychuk, Ference… not soft.

Grzelcyk, Carlo, Lindholm, Forbort… soft

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Chicago beat writer in The Athletic noting the belief that Chicago should have gotten more for Hall' contract.

Blackhawks accomplished what they set out to, adding a few top-six forwards and a few veterans to the dressing room. Plus, they had to get above the cap floor. While adding Taylor Hall made sense to support Connor Bedard, it did seem like they could have gotten the Bruins to pay a bit more for taking on an unwanted contract. — Scott Powers
Well they can always send him back

Reactions: BergyWho37

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
When is the Bruins day with the cup for having the most regular season success ever?

I want to make sure I don't miss it.
We all get it. The season meant nothing because they didn't win Stanley.

I don't ever want to wake up some day feeling like that. That's such an insane way to look at entertainment. I'll sit back with a couple of frosties probably once a week,
cue up B's YouTube highlights from the season while having my ear buds in listening to some great R & R.

Do you only listen to Grammy winners or Tony winners for music or watch only Oscar winners for movies? Come on man that's absolutely a terrible way to enjoy your life.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
We all get it. The season meant nothing because they didn't win Stanley.

I don't ever want to wake up some day feeling like that. That's such an insane way to look at entertainment. I'll sit back with a couple of frosties probably once a week,
cue up B's YouTube highlights from the season while having my ear buds in listening to some great R & R.

Do you only listen to Grammy winners or Tony winners for music or watch only Oscar winners for movies? Come on man that's absolutely a terrible way to enjoy your life.
Yeah not sure how anyone could be disappointed in the Bruins after having the best record ever ,not winning the cup and going out in the first round after blowing a 3-1 series lead and losing 3-4 on home ice.The playoffs really aren’t important,I know I am wearing my Presidents trophy shirt everyday.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Someone explain to me what soft is ? It’s tossed around here but not explanation that supports it

If a team is soft they would be exposed on the road before a hostile crowd

They would be run out of the building - looking over their shoulders

So why after 50 years of no Stanley Cup games in St Louis for gsme 3 did the Bruins go in there and win game 7-2 and knock out Binghamton?

If they were a soft team it would show in the road ?

Game 6 in St Louis with Cup in the building the so called soft Bruins ate the Blues for lunch 5-1. The only game they lost in St Louis was a close game they lose Chara in first with a broken jaw and had to play 5 defenders

Soft, choke lol come on folks get your shit together
I'm with you DK...

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Soft is not going to the slot or driving the net. Soft is when a teammate is taken out by a dirty or borderline hit, there is a player close by who suddenly becomes fascinated with how his skates are tied and changes right away. Soft is not clearing the slot as a D. Soft is not responding when your goalie gets run over and you just watch. Soft is not responding to clean hits by hitting back. Soft is not gong into the corners and winning puck battles. Soft is playing on the perimeter and not being wiling to take hits to get to the better scoring areas. Soft is giving up pucks because you have been hit too often. Soft is being punched in the face and crying to a ref instead of doing something yourself. Soft is letting in weak goals. Soft is not responding when challenged. Soft is blowing leads and series leads. Soft is this defense.

Personification of soft was Jacob Forsbecka-Karlsson. He ran home because he couldn't take the physicality at an NHL level, even by today's standards. Matt Grzelcyk's playoff performance the last 4 years is soft.
I need an AI video of this with Don Cherry giving this as a speech in a locker room with inspriational music in the background.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah not sure how anyone could be disappointed in the Bruins after having the best record ever ,not winning the cup and going out in the first round after blowing a 3-1 series lead and losing 3-4 on home ice.The playoffs really aren’t important,I know I am wearing my Presidents trophy shirt everyday.
Well that tells me there is at least a 50\50 chance you're a miserable SOB...lol.
Just kidding BF.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don't know how much was just injuries, but they were a team that didn't handle getting smacked well.

I don't really think that's true. Just a convenient excuse.

Bruins never trailed in the series until it was over.

Injuries played a really big part. Coaching decisions backfired. Bad luck abounding (McAvoy's tip in). Missing any number of breakaway chances killed them.

Never felt like they were being intimidated or knocked off their game.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If the doctors keep clearing him, that’s where he’s headed.

Maybe the teams didn’t want to take him at his cap hit?
Ya I get that but after seeing the Hawks overpay for both Fliggy and Perry you'd think a team on a rebuild would take a flyer on a 6OA pick who needs a fresh start. They have plenty of cap space and the contract is not that ridiculous.

Reactions: Gordoff

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
National consensus on the Blackhawks seems to be they're overpaying to surround Bedard with competent veteran supporting cast members, but on one year deals as not to hamstring their future options.

Probably a smart play.
Depends how much he likes candy corn. They might be rolling him around the rink by the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad