Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Does that also mean teams really didn’t value Ullmark or Swayman?
Then why wasn't there value for the defense? Forbort and Grizz should have had value to teams that didn't like Swayman and Ullmark if they felt they were a by product of the D

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Come on man. You really think a team with a cup and 3 finals appearances over the last 15 years are the BIGGEST chokers? By no definition on Earth, except yours are they the biggest....

Bigger than the Leafs who can barely get out of round 1? Bigger than the Sharks era teams who could never get it done even one time? Bigger than the Canucks era teams that looked like world beaters and couldn't win a single cup? Bigger than the McDavid teams who have never made a cup?

There are like 3 or 4 teams who have been more successful than the Bruins, yet somehow they are the biggest chokers in the league...help me understand that math that 28 other teams who can't even win a round or two, let alone make it to multiple cups, are less of a chokers than the Bs.

Not a single team in the league has been more successful in the regular season over their past decade. Most regular season points in the league over the past 10 seasons.

When you are the best regular season team over a decade the expectation is you win a cup. All the other top 5 regular season teams during that span won a cup.

Yes the leafs are chokers as well, but they are 10th in regular season points the last decade. I wouldn’t say their expectations have been higher than the bruins.

Again the definition of a choker in sports is:

The failure to perform, act or behave as anticipated or expected.

When you are the best regular season team over a decade the expectation is you win in postseason. They haven’t. So by definition they are chokers.

Not sure what definition you are rolling with, but I’d like to see it.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Am I as a fan the bar?? I have no issues blocking shots but fortunately for me the hardest shot in my beer league is maybe 60 mph?!

DKH you’re a smart guy. I get it you’re a glass half full guy and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that, I actually am working on getting there myself. But you can’t tell me that the guys I referenced above aren’t a much tougher group than todays Bruins blue line. McAvoy is a gamer. Clifton was too. But Ference was a smaller guy, but he just had a “don’t F with me/ us” attitude that this D core is sorely lacking. It’s not about size. It’s about the fight within. I personally think Sweeney can do a better job of acquiring those type of players. Find us a Horton, a Ference, a Boychuck. Guys who leave it all on the ice. Grzelcyk is really talented, but he doesn’t have the “it” factor. Cassidy & Montgomery both agreed and benched him when it mattered most.

There’s no reason why Grzelcyk is still on this team and Bertuzzi isn’t. Some guys get it done in the playoffs, others don’t. Keep the players who do.

I would think that would be the same for every team in the league.

12 years ago it was a much different game.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If the regular season is meaningless why spend 9 months watching? Why punch the couch pillows when we lose a game in October to Toronto? Why get excited about Bergeron’s 6th Selke?

If the regular season is meaningless why do people care about it so much?
Watched the 11\1 Pittsburgh game when they rallied late and Lindholm won it in OT.
Watched Bergeron reaction. He was like a 12 year old. Then watched the infamous
April 13 game at Montreal (figures the 13th). Boston's Orlov, Coyle and Pastrnak's goals were things of beauty. That's why we watch the RS, to be entertained!!!

Last edited:

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
I'm over the playoffs, over the draft and over letting Hall and Bertuzzi go. Looking forward to the kids playing and the trade deadline where hopefully they can get value for those that should be on the move. Hope they claw into playoffs if not hope they end up bottom 9 after lottery. They have had a pretty damn good run for several years and I'm looking forward to the beginning of the next.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If the regular season is meaningless why spend 9 months watching? Why punch the couch pillows when we lose a game in October to Toronto? Why get excited about Bergeron’s 6th Selke?

If the regular season is meaningless why do people care about it so much?

Absolutely. I just think some fans live to complain and they think " regular season is meaningless " makes themselves sound edgy and tough.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I'm over the playoffs, over the draft and over letting Hall and Bertuzzi go. Looking forward to the kids playing and the trade deadline where hopefully they can get value for those that should be on the move. Hope they claw into playoffs if not hope they end up bottom 9 after lottery. They have had a pretty damn good run for several years and I'm looking forward to the beginning of the next.
I'm stoked with jvr in the lineup hes gonna pleasantly surprise scoring close to 20 goals. Book it!!!!

Reactions: ylekot

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
the most enjoyable hockey season of my life
1688779969695.png
1688779969695.png

Reactions: sarge88 and ylekot

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Surprised Caleb Jones is still on the market…6'1" almost 200 lbs. He can fly out there and has some offensive instincts.

Moving Gryz for him would save almost 3 million for Bergeron.

Reactions: Gordoff and GoBs

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Surprised Caleb Jones is still on the market…6'1" almost 200 lbs. He can fly out there and has some offensive instincts.

Moving Gryz for him would save almost 3 million for Bergeron.
Wouldn't another team... also just sign Caleb Jones instead?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So what are folks best offers for Schieffle, Lindholm and/or Hanifin.

Seems like the best chance for the Bruins to spend all their cash for next season wisely is by getting one of these guys NOW rather than find ourselves having to talk ourselves into Sam Reinhart or something. Or do you roll the dice and hope Matthews, Aho or Nylander make it some how?

Does 2025 1st + Frederic + Lysell sniff at either of those centers? Maybe DeBrusk instead of Frederic? Would you go as far as Swayman for Schieffle at 50%?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Not a single team in the league has been more successful in the regular season over their past decade. Most regular season points in the league over the past 10 seasons.

When you are the best regular season team over a decade the expectation is you win a cup. All the other top 5 regular season teams during that span won a cup.

Yes the leafs are chokers as well, but they are 10th in regular season points the last decade. I wouldn’t say their expectations have been higher than the bruins.

Again the definition of a choker in sports is:

The failure to perform, act or behave as anticipated or expected.

When you are the best regular season team over a decade the expectation is you win in postseason. They haven’t. So by definition they are chokers.

Not sure what definition you are rolling with, but I’d like to see it.
So you're saying Leafs have met expectations better than the Bruins have? McDavid has met his expectations in the playoffs better than the Bruins in the last decade?

Again your words you said they are the biggest chokers. No one else does it like them. Your own definition: The Bruins have failed to act, perform or behave as expected, moreso than every team in the past decade...even with multiple cup appareances. I'm probably splitting hairs but...wow.....

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So what are folks best offers for Schieffle, Lindholm and/or Hanifin.

Seems like the best chance for the Bruins to spend all their cash for next season wisely is by getting one of these guys NOW rather than find ourselves having to talk ourselves into Sam Reinhart or something. Or do you roll the dice and hope Matthews, Aho or Nylander make it some how?

Does 2025 1st + Frederic + Lysell sniff at either of those centers? Maybe DeBrusk instead of Frederic? Would you go as far as Swayman for Schieffle at 50%?

I think the Bruins best chance is to hope Lindholm and Hanafin go to UFA where they can swoop in and sign them to big deals. I don't think the Bruins have enough juice to land one or both right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad