Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
In all honesty, is this current team that much better/worse with Bergy ?
I understand he's a leader , great FO guy and defensive presence on the ice but having him vs not having him isn't going to move the needle that much either way. This team will win/lose with Goaltending and defense .
Small sample size, but the team actually looked good/held the fort against Florida while Bergy was out. Over an 82 game schedule though, we're about to see either way.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He won a selke hes doing fine.
he is 38 years old , give me a break , winning the Selke does not make you a # 1 center..........not saying can't play anymore but he is not a 1 and if he is your team is in trouble.......Sorry age creeps up on all of us .

Small sample size, but the team actually looked good/held the fort against Florida while Bergy was out. Over an 82 game schedule though, we're about to see either way.
And maybe if the coach continued with that lineup they might have kept playing.........

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't see Tarasenko fitting in with either the style of play or the culture but we need talent, so maybe if he comes on a discount

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Ottawa has gone 6 seasons now without making the playoffs. Probably 50/50 to make it this year.

How long should a rebuild take?
They lost Formenton over that terrible episide before courts .That kid was a really good player with size & speed.

See Leafs added Gambrell just under a million. They have to be unloading somebody making coin & my bet is Nylander.I mean they are way over last I looked.Can they use the Muzzin LTIR over 5 million?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I know there's no way we can afford him in either cap space or in assets to trade, but I'd absolutely love to get Nylander. Toronto wouldn't trade him here anyway but find some middle-man that can acquire him then flip him here with some package built around Ullmark/Debrusk+++.

But that's a pipedream, not realistic in any way, so I won't waste time hypothesizing.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
it’ll definitely be tough regardless, but it’s better to be Ottawa who realized their run was over and cut their rebuild in half with the assets they got from Karlsson and Stone than teams like Detroit and Buffalo who held on for too long

Ottawa is going into year 7 of their rebuild. They also got fortunate that SJ became a dumpster fire which meant a better 1st rounder. Most of the pieces from that traded are gone. I'd be interested to see that overall trade tree though. The Stone deal netted them Branstrom, who hasn't been anything special.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I know there's no way we can afford him in either cap space or in assets to trade, but I'd absolutely love to get Nylander. Toronto wouldn't trade him here anyway but find some middle-man that can acquire him then flip him here with some package built around Ullmark/Debrusk+++.

But that's a pipedream, not realistic in any way, so I won't waste time hypothesizing.
Free agent next offseason though.

Reactions: KrejciWinger

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Rumour has it is that ROR did not like what he saw from the coaches and locker room, and decided to bolt

Did not know that, makes sense then why he left.

Ecklund saying were interested in tarasenko.
If he signs cheap for sure I would take Tank.

Reactions: The don godfather

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If somehow they can get Zadina would we consider moving Freddy + gryz + ? For Hanafin?
No, let's not get softer huh? Grizz and a prospect, yes but how about we don't include Frederic in every trade proposal?

I actually like Zadina, at worst I can see him becoming a good third line scoring option with a couple of bigger players with some grit.

Hanafin it either has to be Grizz or Coyle he is replacing to me for it to make sense. In a lot of ways I think Zadarov would be a better fit.

Reactions: Bodit9

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I feel attacked(Ive been accused of being a pom-pomer and have called out consistently negative posters) so I will explain my position.

Bruins is fun for me. When it is not fun I choose to not be affected by it.
It is just a sport.
I deal with a lot of terrible stuff people are going through every week so it gives me perspective. I choose not to be negative because it will become a habit and I will end up wallowing in it.

Actually, that gives me a new perspective. If you are consistently negative around here your life must be going pretty well for the Bruins to be your point of issue.

I could dump my baggage here. But I choose to turn on some light instead and make stupid jokes hoping some of you out there crack a smile and have a little better day. Does that make me a clown? To some, yes. But I would rather be a clown and make a few people smile who need it than the alternative.

Our habits make us.
If we choose to be negative often, that will form us. It will form the relationships we have around us. It will form this community.
I think thats why we have a few posters who call people out on their negativity, not just for themselves but for the health of HFBoards as well.

Its the summer after a sport defining record loss. We are not running it back, we are selling and starting a slow rebuild/retool. I dont expect people around here to be thrilled about that. But there are some things still to enjoy: Looch back home, seeing some of the kids play, just enjoying hockey for the fun it is. I am going to choose to enjoy that, so I enjoy the Bruins. So it remains a destresser for me. I have something to look forward to after spending an afternoon with a friend whose wife is leaving him and taking the kids while she has a deep drug habit and the kids do not want to go with her.
The reality of the situation is actually much much worse, but I won't go into it here. Not the place for that. I think I made my point.

I guess it's just some perspective.
You just keep on doing you. Nevermind the noise. Love your approach it's what I try to do sometimes I get derailed.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Question is with the cap higher next year and better FA pool does this team bring back Marchand and for how much?
That depends on Brad. If he wants to stick around, be a captain, take a hometown discount, he'll have an offer. But Don Sweeney has shown a willingness to set a fixed value on his veterans and if they don't want the role or the money they can leave like Chara did.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Ottawa has gone 6 seasons now without making the playoffs. Probably 50/50 to make it this year.

How long should a rebuild take?
I think 5-7 seasons is reasonable. I’d much rather be in that spot than the 12 and counting it’s going to take Buffalo (and I think Detroit is on their way to a similar path)

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Zboril is a prospect.

That's all I need to know.
What I said still applies. One thing we do really well around here is overvalue our prospects. The truth is until you prove yourself in the NHL you're just a prospect. More often than not they don't amount to a hill of beans. So, seeing as we have few and what we have hasn't proven anything, best we hold on to what we have for now.

As for Zboril, he's at best a 6/7 . He was blocked at 1st and the injuries, blah,blah,blah and here we are.

I'd give him one more chance but I'm not sure he'll get that. My bet is he'll be gone by season's end.

Reactions: GordonHowe

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
he is 38 years old , give me a break , winning the Selke does not make you a # 1 center..........not saying can't play anymore but he is not a 1 and if he is your team is in trouble.......Sorry age creeps up on all of us .

And maybe if the coach continued with that lineup they might have kept playing.........
All that may be true but I feel better about Bergy as our 1C than Coyle.

That said I don't expect Bergy back. Just a hunch.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
When was Lauko “whining”?

We all whine, in our heads, out loud, in writing - most of the time at least part of it is valid. Lauko has every right to want to want the most for his career too. But in the end, if you are where you are, you’re better for the time being putting everything you can into separating yourself from the pack.

I love DeBrusk and think he had legitimate complaints but as soon as he stopped mopping around, put his head down and played hockey, he found success again. Lauko should just keep going.

Let ‘er rip!

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Do you mean during the lockout?

I don't think so.

They planned to swoop up a bunch of players no one else could afford. Then the players union gave back 24% of salaries and that plan fell through.

Special circumstance, plan was to "rebuild" all at once.

Yeah, but once it all blew up in their face they embraced the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln