Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Zadina's underlying numbers point to a guy who just can't finish. So, put him with the other two Czechs including the one who is currently the second best in the world at scoring and see if it works out.

LW Bertuzzi's numbers in Detroit didn't look too good either before coming to Boston.

Zadina - Zacha - Pastrnak
Fwiw, I draw the same conclusion the metrics do. He is very fast but not very agile, has a quick release and hard shot but he does not deke well or elevate the puck well. Iow, fast, works hard, can't finish. Paille with less defensive doggedness but a quicker release.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I was just reading yesterday about Calgary and how everyone wants out of calgary. It's strange. I get the Daryl Sutter business. But this is after sutter. I've heard that the saddle dome is kind of a joke broken down. I'm not sure what the other reasons might be but it is odd.
Its also a boring city. Downtown area is sucky. Worse than Detroit... in terms of things to do and see

Banff is superb but 1 to 1.5 hours away.

Last edited:
Reactions: TobanWest

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Fwiw, I draw the same conclusion the metrics do. He is very fast and fairly agile and has a quick release and hard shot but he does not deke well or elevate the puck well. Iow, fast, works hard, can't finish Paille with a quicker release.

Yeah I was ready to pass on him then I remember the comments about Bertuzzi and Zacha before they came here and met Pastrnak.

If you told me the Bruins were going to replace Bergeron and Krejci with Lindholm and Zadina I'd actually be optimistic about this year.

Marchand - Lindholm - Debrusk
Zadina - Zacha - Pastrnak
Frederic - Coyle - JVR
Lucic - Geekie - XXX

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I feel attacked(Ive been accused of being a pom-pomer and have called out consistently negative posters) so I will explain my position.

Bruins is fun for me. When it is not fun I choose to not be affected by it.
It is just a sport.
I deal with a lot of terrible stuff people are going through every week so it gives me perspective. I choose not to be negative because it will become a habit and I will end up wallowing in it.

Actually, that gives me a new perspective. If you are consistently negative around here your life must be going pretty well for the Bruins to be your point of issue.

I could dump my baggage here. But I choose to turn on some light instead and make stupid jokes hoping some of you out there crack a smile and have a little better day. Does that make me a clown? To some, yes. But I would rather be a clown and make a few people smile who need it than the alternative.

Our habits make us.
If we choose to be negative often, that will form us. It will form the relationships we have around us. It will form this community.
I think thats why we have a few posters who call people out on their negativity, not just for themselves but for the health of HFBoards as well.

Its the summer after a sport defining record loss. We are not running it back, we are selling and starting a slow rebuild/retool. I dont expect people around here to be thrilled about that. But there are some things still to enjoy: Looch back home, seeing some of the kids play, just enjoying hockey for the fun it is. I am going to choose to enjoy that, so I enjoy the Bruins. So it remains a destresser for me. I have something to look forward to after spending an afternoon with a friend whose wife is leaving him and taking the kids while she has a deep drug habit and the kids do not want to go with her.
The reality of the situation is actually much much worse, but I won't go into it here. Not the place for that. I think I made my point.

I guess it's just some perspective.
Personally, I've always enjoyed your perspective. Plus, I've always liked your nom de plume.

Better to light a candle than to curse the dark,

✌️😔

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Sorry to be a meanie, but Zboril is a bust. He's been giving plenty of opportunities he has not panned out. The guy was drafted in 2015. It is 2023. Do the math.
For cripes sakes give the kid some time he was coming off a serious knee injury last year and prior to that he was playing pretty well , and discount the fact that Defensemen take time to develop , give a little bit of a shot to improve his game.....

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
For cripes sakes give the kid some time he was coming off a serious knee injury last year and prior to that he was playing pretty well , and discount the fact that Defensemen take time to develop , give a little bit of a shot to improve his game.....
I understand that. It's perhaps unfair but I'm just tired of the guy. I want the Bruins to move on.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Rebuilds sound easy in theory....but they're really not and they take a very long time to happen. Detroit & Buffalo have been rebuilding for years. Even Raycroft mentioned that Colorado was starting to rebuild when he was there in 08-09. 13-14 years later they won the cup.
it’ll definitely be tough regardless, but it’s better to be Ottawa who realized their run was over and cut their rebuild in half with the assets they got from Karlsson and Stone than teams like Detroit and Buffalo who held on for too long

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I think Zboril has the toolbox to be a decent regular NHL 3rd pairing defenseman that a lot of teams would be happy to have on their roster. He's never going to justify the 13th overall pick where he went, but that doesn't mean he can't have an alright career as a role player.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Its also a boring city. Downtown area is sucky. Worst than Detroit... in terms of things to do and see

Banff is superb but 1 to 1.5 hours away.
Don't be putting down Detroit. I was born there. I also couldn't wait to escape but that was the 70s.

I digress. It's the same thing in Winnipeg. I'm not talking about the town or the weather or any of that look at the club. Look at how many players have left Winnipeg it's unbelievable. They really need to start over completely start over.

Get rid of MS and whatever is left to their quote unquote leadership group. I liked wheeler when he was here but apparently he was not a terribly good leader either.

The Peg to Fun City.

Now "that's* culture shock.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Just throwing this out there. I liked Steen when he got in lineup and he now has had a good taste of things in NHL and is a yr older .I would like to see him get a fair shot to crack lineup .

Reactions: FONZIE

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
No way we roll with Coyle as a number 1 center no frigging way. I'll eat my 2011 championship hat if that happens. I've said this before. Hurry up Bergy and announce your coming and shut this nonsense lineup predictions without you.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
it’ll definitely be tough regardless, but it’s better to be Ottawa who realized their run was over and cut their rebuild in half with the assets they got from Karlsson and Stone than teams like Detroit and Buffalo who held on for too long

Ottawa has gone 6 seasons now without making the playoffs. Probably 50/50 to make it this year.

How long should a rebuild take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad