Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Trade Gryz, try your hardest to trade Forbort. Don’t trade Frederic. It pisses me off that it’s even a thought. Young player they developed, play the kid and let him come into his own. He’s on the cusp.

I’m not going to complain about the depth signings that Sweeney made but my god does he like bland players. What does he envision for a team identity? Seems like something he always falls short at. Don’t get him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I didn’t realize how “done” I am with Ullmark until we got through today without him being traded.

I truly considered it a no brainer that he would be moved and Swayman given the keys to the Cadillac.

I know it’s early in the off season, but if the season starts with him here I really won’t understand.

This team doesn’t need 2 number 1 goalies.

It needs a number 1 goalie and whatever Ullmark can bring back.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I didn’t realize how “done” I am with Ullmark until we got through today without him being traded.

I truly considered it a no brainer that he would be moved and Swayman given the keys to the Cadillac.

I know it’s early in the off season, but if the season starts with him here I really won’t understand.

This team doesn’t need 2 number 1 goalies.

It needs a number 1 goalie and whatever Ullmark can bring back.

But if the return for Ullmark sucks right now because everyone is broke, do you still trade him now?

Or do you, knowing you have a very low amount of potential top half of the roster prospects, wait a year until all the teams are flush with cash AND the team getting Ullmark can give him a new deal?

I really was hoping they were able to move him for a first or a good NHL ready prospect and do something fun but if that isn't out there right now... I just don't think signing Bert (who would have been a risky signing) was worth it and without a good pick/prospect return from Ullmark can you really trade for anything? Maybe there is a hockey deal out there, but that isn't really impeded by not moving Ullmark.

edit: but yeah. I feel you on the "feeling done" part. I was ready to move on just to get a cleanse from how last season ended.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Kind of interesting to see the 3 big FWD's the Bruins brought it. All 3 seem to do their offensive damage in front of the net/dirty area.

Reactions: wintersej

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I've been out all day and just catching up. Are there any other washed-up useless players we can sign? Or did we get all of them already?
Well, there’s this guy, seems to keep ending up with rings:laugh:
IMG_2792.jpeg

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Would still love them to find a way to add Christian Fischer. Looking at the roster it seems they'll need to clear some cap to bring Bergeron back. If you assume that it'll mean Grz or Forbort go, it leaves a hole in the defense which would be filled by someone like Zboril.

Reactions: bme44

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
But if the return for Ullmark sucks right now because everyone is broke, do you still trade him now?

Or do you, knowing you have a very low amount of potential top half of the roster prospects, wait a year until all the teams are flush with cash AND the team getting Ullmark can give him a new deal?

I really was hoping they were able to move him for a first or a good NHL ready prospect and do something fun but if that isn't out there right now... I just don't think signing Bert (who would have been a risky signing) was worth it and without a good pick/prospect return from Ullmark can you really trade for anything? Maybe there is a hockey deal out there, but that isn't really impeded by not moving Ullmark.

edit: but yeah. I feel you on the "feeling done" part. I was ready to move on just to get a cleanse from how last season ended.

Fair points.

I’m just always of the mind that a deal can get done if you try hard enough.

And it’s really frustrating seeing this team roll along with two #1’s when there are needs elsewhere.

But if this time next year he brings back a 1 or a young, good roster player I guess I can’t complain too much.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad