Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Question is with the cap higher next year and better FA pool does this team bring back Marchand and for how much?
Bring him back for the 2026 season? He's under contract for the next two already and old enough you just wait and see when it's that far off.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
What I said still applies. One thing we do really well around here is overvalue our prospects. The truth is until you prove yourself in the NHL you're just a prospect. More often than not they don't amount to a hill of beans. So, seeing as we have few and what we have hasn't proven anything, best we hold on to what we have for now.

As for Zboril, he's at best a 6/7 . He was blocked at 1st and the injuries, blah,blah,blah and here we are.

I'd give him one more chance but I'm not sure he'll get that. My bet is he'll be gone by season's end.
Agree. Though it usually doesn't take nearly 10 years to ascertain whether a prospect is an NHL player.

That aside, if he doesn't make it this year he's not going to make it. This is the perfect opportunity for him. I'm willing to give him that.

Reactions: JOKER 192

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I keep hearing that Boston is looking at Elias Lindholm and Mark Scheifele but how would they accomplish either of these moves. I know via the trade market but what do people believe would be a realistic offer for either.

I am sure Swayman would have to be part of any deal with Winnipeg.

Thoughts.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I keep hearing that Boston is looking at Elias Lindholm and Mark Scheifele but how would they accomplish either of these moves. I know via the trade market but what do people believe would be a realistic offer for either.

Thoughts.

Where are you hearing this?

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Sorry to be a meanie, but Zboril is a bust. He's been giving plenty of opportunities he has not panned out. The guy was drafted in 2015. It is 2023. Do the math.
I think he is capable of being an equal to Gryz at far less money . If you are moving or keeping one of Gryz or Zboril when you consider the age and cap hit . Very easy decision. Good bye 48 .

• Haha
Reactions: PlayMakers

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think he is capable of being an equal to Gryz at far less money . If you are moving or keeping one of Gryz or Zboril when you consider the age and cap hit . Very easy decision. Good bye 48 .
Well you haven’t given up your fandom because Grizz hasn’t been traded yet so that’s good. But saying Zboril is equal to Grizz has me wondering if you’re teetering on the edge.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Playoff Gryz and Zboril aren’t THAT far off, still would rather go with Gryz just because I’ve seen him have a solid cup run in 2018 before getting injured

There’s a canyon between regular season Gryz and Zboril

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Gryz is the paragon of the eye test vs. nerd stat dilemma.

Advanced statistics have him as one of the most effective defensemen in the league (especially when he's paired with McAvoy). The eye test looks like this guy blows against higher level competition during the playoffs.

The truth is always in the middle. He's probably adequate value for where he is.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Couldn't we have passed a 7th round pick to Detroit for Zadina?

Could be upside next to Zacha and Pasta, certainly more upside than jvr. And if he doesn't work out we just place him back on waivers...

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You're not replacing Bergeron and Hall's goal production, that's just not possible given the cap constraints.

The Bruins scored 305 goals last year, which was second only to Edmonton. That's not repeatable. Bergy and Hall combined for 43. Just subtract that from 305 and you're at 262, which is on par to what Pittsburgh scored last year and only 4 fewer than Carolina. Let's say you get 10 extra goals between JvR, Coyle, and Geekie, that brings you to 272, and you know who scored 272 regular season goals last year? The Vegas Golden Knights.

Flipside, Bruins only allowed 177 goals all year, leading the league by a huge margin. You've still got both goalies and the full defense back as of now. if Bergeron's not there it puts a dent on your overall team D and PKing, but say we allow a whopping 50 more goals as a result, that's 227. You know how many the Golden Knights allowed? 229!

I don't think the team is set up to contend in the playoffs unless some kind of deadline magic occurs (and they can't afford to trade any more futures), but the more I look at it from a macro perspective, I think they're still comfortably a playoff team after an 82 game regular season.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
For cripes sakes give the kid some time he was coming off a serious knee injury last year and prior to that he was playing pretty well , and discount the fact that Defensemen take time to develop , give a little bit of a shot to improve his game.....
I agree with this. Not a huge Zboril fan but hes never really been given an extended look.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Thoughts.
Well I don't want Scheifele anyways and I would wait until Lindholm is a free agent and if signs with someone else before that so be it , no need give up mor assets for him......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad