Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Looch would be a shiny object to make the Jacobs' money for the centennial. But it'll mess with Monty's fast break system. ;)

I don't think there's enough WD-40 in the world to make him look shiny at this point. So he looked half decent at worlds, so what? He's cooked vs. NHL opponents.

Don't get me wrong, I love Looch for 2011, but I don't want him back. He's not good enough to play everyday anymore and I respect him too much to have him sit in the rafters for 90-95% of the season, which is where he should be if they sign him.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
You guys, I think we might suck next year
Nope, I actually wish that so we could get a high pick. It’s worst we are headed into purgatory, good enough to stay out of bottom of the league but not good enough to win a cup.

Reactions: Gordoff

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
If a goalie gets moved today it's probably Swayman. You're right about the goalie market, I don't see anybody paying top dollar for Ullmark with a strong UFA class.

Nope, I actually wish that so we could get a high pick. It’s worst we are headed into purgatory, good enough to stay out of bottom of the league but not good enough to win a cup.
Eh, management has already set a bad tone in words if not in actions. Further, I don't like Looch returning and do not like the odds of Sweneely finding several serviceable players for a million or less.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

If the Bruins don’t suck enough next year to get in the Top 10, they lose their pick. Purgatory is hell right now.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
FWIW, I know I was not alone in thinking we’d be lousy this year too.

I was obviously wrong. I think we just wait and see here.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't think there's enough WD-40 in the world to make him look shiny at this point. So he looked half decent at worlds, so what? He's cooked vs. NHL opponents.

Don't get me wrong, I love Looch for 2011, but I don't want him back. He's not good enough to play everyday anymore and I respect him too much to have him sit in the rafters for 90-95% of the season, which is where he should be if they sign him.
There will be almost zero drop off in his minutes vs Greer’s minutes last year. I think he’ll just add leadership and he’s far scarier

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Got to wonder if Sweeney is thinking more trying to get on the cusp prospects that have a few years development like he did with the Hall trade rather than get draft picks. I just can’t see how he can’t get anything for Grez or one of our goalies.

Probably will know tomorrow cause nothing we have is getting us into the first round. Seems most are holding onto their picks

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
I am not going to underestimate the presence of Lucic back in Boston. He stated it’s a huge relief to be out of the contract he had… there is no longer any pressure. He is coming home. Book 20; and a much tougher dynamic for the overall team. Started on 4th line as a kid; and he will be fabulous on 4th line in B uniform for league min next year.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I am not going to underestimate the presence of Lucic back in Boston. He stated it’s a huge relief to be out of the contract he had… there is no longer any pressure. He is coming home. Book 20; and a much tougher dynamic for the overall team. Started on 4th line as a kid; and he will be fabulous on 4th line in B uniform for league min next year.

20 what, games??

• Haha
Reactions: ProdigalFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad