Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Donny pretty clever in getting 3 prospects who look nhl ready in Mitchell regula and walsh infused young talent with no picks not too shabby though I wish he did a get a 2nd round pick for hall but he was boxed in.

Reactions: TCB

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
In the end you are right, Lucic alone isn't a big deal. I'm worried that it IS ONE of the ONLY big deals for the Bruins, because Sweeney went all in last season (and I don't even blame him for that), but without precious picks to throw away, doesn't have the ammo to pull off the deals that need to be made.

Lucic homecoming becomes the headline, not the lack of other moves.

There's still a lot of time, but we've been down this road before. And it wasn't until August when Bergeron and Krejci announced their return to save the Bruins. But we can't rely on that forever, starting yesterday.
Bruins trades between March 29, 2022 and July 7, 2022: 0

Players signed, re-upped by the Bruins during the same time period: Wissman, Beecher, Zboril, Steen, Merkulov, Bussi

The 2024 season hasn't even begun yet.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Donny pretty clever in getting 3 prospects who look nhl ready in Mitchell regula and walsh infused young talent with no picks not too shabby though I wish he did a get a 2nd round pick for hall but he was boxed in.
1. Most have given me the impression that these guys are tweeners at best right now.
2. We have 7(?) Defensemen signed and now have one less forward, why wouldn't he target a forward prospect.
3. While they could amount to something, see #2 why that feels like a confusing move.

I've learned not to expect the other shoe to drop. Even when you think it should.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
1. Most have given me the impression that these guys are tweeners at best right now.
2. We have 7(?) Defensemen signed and now have one less forward, why wouldn't he target a forward prospect.
3. While they could amount to something, see #2 why that feels like a confusing move.

I've learned not to expect the other shoe to drop. Even when you think it should.
I bet one of these 3 make team or contribute through the season. I like Walsh and mitchell from what I studied.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Well if Looch is the last big announcement this is going to be a long season. Sounds like Sweeney not looking very hard to make other trades so this is it. Please do any buyouts you can and trade Ullmark as we cannot afford the luxury of keeping both goalies.

Maybe Looch can get Frederick to become a better fighter. Bruins should be tougher if nothing else.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Well if Looch is the last big announcement this is going to be a long season. Sounds like Sweeney not looking very hard to make other trades so this is it. Please do any buyouts you can and trade Ullmark as we cannot afford the luxury of keeping both goalies.

Maybe Looch can get Frederick to become a better fighter. Bruins should be tougher if nothing else.
Yeah it sucks to see all the big moves go down around the league and the UFAs signed and the Bruins haven’t done anything. Nothing from Sweeney during the draft either smh

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
You guys are wild, no cap or assets to do anything and you're expecting the moon. We got all the excitement from TDL and it ultimately didn't work out, now we have to dig for scraps. It is what it is
Last year in the 4th round we got this kid locmelis and hes turning into quite the player. We have a 3rd 4th 6th and two 7ths. We might find another gem.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
You guys are wild, no cap or assets to do anything and you're expecting the moon. We got all the excitement from TDL and it ultimately didn't work out, now we have to dig for scraps. It is what it is
Well if you are going to go all in and it fails you better have a backup plan. This was a real gamble, no high draft picks available, no blue chips in the minors and we will be lucky to fill out a full team. Don needs to come up with some real creativity.

Not to mention we probably will not have Bergy, Krecj, Orlov, Bertuzzi, Hathaway and we just traded one of our better forwards for very little.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Nope, I actually wish that so we could get a high pick. It’s worst we are headed into purgatory, good enough to stay out of bottom of the league but not good enough to win a cup.
That's been the business model for almost 50 years
I agree with this to a point. You at the very least get rid of Reilly as a buyout and move Grizz for a 5th to free some cap space and improve your D by just getting rid of Grizz. That's five million in cap space, he moved Hall so there is another 6m in space and he had 5m. 16m to resign Frederic, Swayman and Bertuzzi.

That should leave around 5, adding Lucic makes sense, now add a Soucy level D and some depth at lg minimum, I wouldn't waste my time on "prospects" like Lysell, Merkulov or Beecher, never mind Steen. I do not see much in any of them. Add Lauko and some NHL vets to fill out bottom lines.

Move Coyle and use his money to sign Max Domi at 4m for 3 years.

Relying on his "young players" is a sure way to not make the playoffs and you probably will be just good enough to not finish low enough to keep the 2024 first round pick.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Don likely had options and chose RHD Ds. As the club/depth is thin in this area.

Monty vouched for Mitchell (U Denver connection)

The AHL Bruins had the 2nd best regular season record last year. Without an amazing D core.

I believe.. Merkulov and Beecher will be ready to take the next step. They are older rookies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Nothing would be more painful than watching anything remotely like last season.

It is absolutely time to tear it to the ground and rebuild.
I say we still have a window I cant see them not making the playoffs next season. Lots of ways to fill in the holes and we have a strong core of debrusk marchy pasta carlo McAvoy sway ullmark Coyle zacha. That's solid foundation.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Trade both goalies for other teams well drafted players who are young, trade marchand for the same. Maybe theyll be good in 3 years.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
That's been the business model for almost 50 years

I agree with this to a point. You at the very least get rid of Reilly as a buyout and move Grizz for a 5th to free some cap space and improve your D by just getting rid of Grizz. That's five million in cap space, he moved Hall so there is another 6m in space and he had 5m. 16m to resign Frederic, Swayman and Bertuzzi.

That should leave around 5, adding Lucic makes sense, now add a Soucy level D and some depth at lg minimum, I wouldn't waste my time on "prospects" like Lysell, Merkulov or Beecher, never mind Steen. I do not see much in any of them. Add Lauko and some NHL vets to fill out bottom lines.

Move Coyle and use his money to sign Max Domi at 4m for 3 years.

Relying on his "young players" is a sure way to not make the playoffs and you probably will be just good enough to not finish low enough to keep the 2024 first round pick.
Grizz for a 5th. Ok.

Reactions: NDiesel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad