Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Not just wild completely bonkers. I don’t think a lot fans on here are ready for what’s coming this following season. The circumstances are completely different. And it’s time people start to realize regression is inevitable.
Get into the dance and anything can happen that's how we won 2011 cup. Look at the habs a few years back and Panthers this year. Just get in.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
There are plenty of other vets they can learn from. Marchand being one, wish more players had his competitive edge. I just think when you are trying to break in young players, again someone like Marchy started on the fourth line, its good to leave space on the lower lines for them.
Think they might have plenty of space for young guys this upcoming season.

Having a vet around that can’t handle himself isn’t the worst idea.

You’re right though. He shouldn’t play more than 50 games

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I don’t believe either Forbort or Reilly qualify for the second buyout. The second buyout had a min salary of 4.6 million I believe. I do not believe we have a viable candidate for the 2nd buyou which I believe is also conditional.

If true, Sweeney missed the boat on this.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I don’t believe either Forbort or Reilly qualify for the second buyout. The second buyout had a min salary of 4.6 million I believe. I do not believe we have a viable candidate for the 2nd buyou which I believe is also conditional.
Correct. Anyone we’re going to buyout needs to be waived tomorrow.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Get into the dance and anything can happen that's how we won 2011 cup. Look at the habs a few years back and Panthers this year. Just get in.
The problem is actually getting into the dance. The East is stacked with a lot of teams getting better and a lot younger with more skill. This team has major major holes. And we still need to shed cap space without really to many ways of bringing in talent that can make this team compete. Time will tell but my expectations are very low.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
No, we had a good team in 2011, they made trade deadline deals to help bolster a playoff run and it worked. Habs is the anomality definitely. Panthers were tops in the league previous season and they were a young team. They got spanked by Vegas. We had a veteran laden team that blew it. The team hasnt learned from this, its becoming a new consistent theme.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Having the best goaltending tandem next year is a luxury most teams would love. Keep ullmark and get rid of other garbage Reilly for one.
If you had cost controled players and were butt against the cap yes. Most likely its going to be at least 9mil between the two goalies. If they try to lowball him, he goes to arb, he is going to get 3.5-4 no doubt.

I ain't writing off a 130 plus point historic team. Will make playoffs for sure from there who knows. Book this post.
Done with your books. You do it for everything. You book the series against FL. You booked game 7, then like a broken clock being right twice a day when one book works, you shower yourself with praise.

Reactions: sooshii

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I have no idea but doubt -- and that's all it is -- Mason is ready for that.

Zboril? The only way I would do that is if there were absolutely, positively, no other options.

However talented, the guy IS A STIFF. Always has been, always will be. I'm sick of hearing his name.
I honestly don't get the Zboril hate. He's been a 7-9 defenseman, has laced up for exactly 78 games total, has a career of 16 points, and managed to have a +/- of zero.

To me, this screams average/normal, forgettable.

Which on defense, sometimes is better than being remembered for being bad.

A lot of hate for him, and he's had several defenseman signed or acquired above him on the depth chart, so his ice time has literal been only when we have injuries. Guy has low contract, hasn't honestly looked all that bad when given a chance. Nothing to write home about, but the team didn't exactly obviously fail when he was on the ice.

Anyways, I just see a lot of people pining to get rid of him. Like his contract or play has hampered the Bruins in some unimaginable way. To me it is like complaining that the water at a restaurant tastes too plain.

Like sure, maybe. But it's not really hurting anything being there. And helps out when you are thirsty.

Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I ain't writing off a 130 plus point historic team. Will make playoffs for sure from there who knows. Book this post.

Yeah, you booked the FLA series as well. Sorry, I'm cashing in your bookings and you are seriously, seriously in debt, lol. The bookies have called and you owe a LOT of money right now.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
It is legit only one guy who is claiming Bertuzzi is going to test the market. Calm down
There hasn't been anyone claiming Bertuzzi is gonna re-sign either. (Just that the Bruins have interest)

Sweeney mostly never lets stuff leak.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised with either outcome.

Reactions: Alicat and Gordoff

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
We don’t have a real top 6 center don.
Plenty of time to fill that in. Season dont start in june.

Yeah, you booked the FLA series as well. Sorry, I'm cashing in your bookings and you are seriously, seriously in debt, lol. The bookies have called and you owe a LOT of money right now.
I've nailed quite a bit too I ain't perfect but I'm pretty ok . Many jumping ship here again and I understand but this lucic signing h as me more positive hes gonna bring a positive aura to the team plus toughness which we were lacking against cats. Good bang for the buck signing for Donny.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Tyler Bertuzzi signing elsewhere? Can I interest anyone in a trade for Tomas Hertl or Logan Couture?

Couture is cooked but man would I LOVE to have Hertl on this squad

Unless there is someone in FA that can replace Bertuzzi.

Flip DeBrusk onto his natural wing and get Garland foooo freeeeee

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I think the opposite, his back, three kids, nothing to prove.

As for the Lucic rumor, his signing isn’t going to make or break the team. He’ll most likely be a fourth liner on a low term and $$$. No need to flip out over him. Turn your energy on bigger things.
In the end you are right, Lucic alone isn't a big deal. I'm worried that it IS ONE of the ONLY big deals for the Bruins, because Sweeney went all in last season (and I don't even blame him for that), but without precious picks to throw away, doesn't have the ammo to pull off the deals that need to be made.

Lucic homecoming becomes the headline, not the lack of other moves.

There's still a lot of time, but we've been down this road before. And it wasn't until August when Bergeron and Krejci announced their return to save the Bruins. But we can't rely on that forever, starting yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad