GDT: 2023 NHL Global Series LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes@9:00pm PST/ 12:00am EST 9/23-24/23 game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Steaming pile of dog shit after 4 periods. Utterly clueless in every facet. The offseason must have been quite a party for coaches and players alike.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Because the regular season is more important ?
And they will have more time by then to gel.

Just spitballin here.
So the same PK that got it’s back blown out last season in the regular season, got it’s back blown out in post season, and hasn’t changed in the offseason. And is still the same in the preseason…

This PK isn’t going anywhere and it’s a joke they haven’t worked it out in the off-season.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Lighting looked bad on TV yesterday but in person it's fine.
IMG_20230924_145452.jpg

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Last night I noticed Byfield was still doing that thing where when he gets the puck, it's almost like he wants to pass it and get it off his stick immediately. I'm surprised he still hasn't learned to hold on to the puck a little longer. More patience would be nice to see. Maybe I'm mistaken, just an observation
Still doing it. He’s always looking for someone else to make the play. Gives it up to go set a pick or go in front of the net. He needs to start taking initiative instead of being the good team guy. It’s preseason. This is the time to be doing more, not practicing your positioning and moving to open spaces. Jesus it’s frustrating.

SufferingSelfCreated

Apr 5, 2020
I feel like we are playing pretty well minus that whole goal scoring thing.
So the same PK that got it’s back blown out last season in the regular season, got it’s back blown out in post season, and hasn’t changed in the offseason. And is still the same in the preseason…

This PK isn’t going anywhere and it’s a joke they haven’t worked it out in the off-season.
Yeah that one. It's fine. Everything is fine. There's nothing worr......

It is what it is my friend.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Still doing it. He’s always looking for someone else to make the play. Gives it up to go set a pick or go in front of the net. He needs to start taking initiative instead of being the good team guy. It’s preseason. This is the time to be doing more, not practicing your positioning and moving to open spaces. Jesus it’s frustrating.
Honestly it looked alot better this first period IMO. He got some good touches and was a little more patient

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
His game hasn’t translated at all. He was bigger and faster than most kids in the OHL and he was better than most of the goalies. His speed is a complete non-issue against professional hockey players and the rest of his game is just average. We made the wrong choice. In a redraft, I doubt he goes top 10. That’s not to say he isn’t an NHL player, but he’s not worth where he was picked.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So no one stood out.
I'd say there were various glimpses. Gavrikov and Spence have played visibly well. Anderson was mostly unnoticeable, but I just look at that more as he wasn't out of position.

Fiala bailed out some mishandles by PLD, but he also had moments of doing too much.

Byfield was fantastic. His biggest gaffe was forechecking at a bad angle where he couldn't recover a puck he forced the Coyote to fumble. Him not getting a goal sucks, but Vejelmelka took the shot away with solid positioning.

Turcotte was great, as well. I'm just scared at any contact he gets at the moment.

Grundstrom meshed well with Moore and Danault. Might be an option to move Arvidsson on another line to spread the offense.

The 4th line was pretty bad. JAD had a good defensive play with the puck hemmed in its zone.

Kaliyev looks like he's trying to apply what he learned on the 4th line, but the PLD line just looks out of sync.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Worth saying over and over again hearing Nick Nickson doing play by play on TV is just the best. Where he belongs after Bob Miller.
I am not feeling Nick and never have .
Too boring.
Faust was brutal at times but he toned it down and was way more exciting too listen to.
Nickson sounds like he is working at a funeral home.

Can’t wait for Turcotte to center JAD and Grundstrom for 10 minutes tonight
Byfield is looking like he is ready to stop deferrring and center some younger guys.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
His game hasn’t translated at all. He was bigger and faster than most kids in the OHL and he was better than most of the goalies. His speed is a complete non-issue against professional hockey players and the rest of his game is just average. We made the wrong choice. In a redraft, I doubt he goes top 10. That’s not to say he isn’t an NHL player, but he’s not worth where he was picked.

in a re-draft Laf is going around 3-5.

Reactions: ru4reals

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think it’d help Byfield if they made him center a line rather than have him with Kopitar. Make him the star of the line rather than him being the least important player on the first line. Think it’s making him defer too much.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I think it’d help Byfield if they made him center a line rather than have him with Kopitar. Make him the star of the line rather than him being the least important player on the first line. Think it’s making him defer too much.
I agree he helped Kopi and Kempe a bit last season, but I think he's a natural center and would be nice to see him there at some point in the future.

Reactions: Sol

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I'll start putting more stock into this if he blows this season. If this was true to a tee we wouldn't be seeing any glimpses at all of his potential but we still do, even in this game. Still 21 years old, was only 20 a month ago. If it takes him a little longer yeah that's not ideal, but it wouldn't be the first time a player took extra time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad