GDT: 2023 NHL Global Series LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes@9:00pm PST/ 12:00am EST 9/23-24/23 game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Again, as I said, the fancy stats for the line were good.

Q’s individual performance was, and is still, wanting.
It's not fancy stats. It's not 'expected' production. It was actual line production.

I think people have short memories. QB burned out towards the end of the year, but there was a good middle portion of the season where he was a major force behind driving that line.

He was playing a lot like Trevor Moore. High energy, winning puck battles, getting it to his teammates, defensively effective, but not getting production for himself.

If he struggles when the season starts, I think shaking things up makes sense, but doing it based off pre-season games seems odd.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I want to clarify, I do think it's plenty reasonable to be concerned about QB, and the recent pre-season games haven't helped.

I just think as fans we always want to do something rash based on the most recent thing we've seen.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
No there were plenty of us who knew Kempe would be good. He was one of the only fun players to watch in those dismal years. No one said his shot would bethis good though.
What do you mean by good “good” fringe second liner/ third liner ?

It's not fancy stats. It's not 'expected' production. It was actual line production.

I think people have short memories. QB burned out towards the end of the year, but there was a good middle portion of the season where he was a major force behind driving that line.

He was playing a lot like Trevor Moore. High energy, winning puck battles, getting it to his teammates, defensively effective, but not getting production for himself.

If he struggles when the season starts, I think shaking things up makes sense, but doing it based off pre-season games seems odd.
Iafallo did that too. The bar shouldn’t be Trevor Moore or Iafallo. That’s the concern.

Reactions: tigermask48

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Kempe becoming a really good player randomly is one of the weirdest stories on the Kings. He was a random last pick of the first round. What an anomaly. And he was a nobody for 5 years and then he started to snipe out of nowhere.
It took awhile for young Kempe...moving him from Centre to LWing and then finally RWing with Kopi was part of the potential success! Like to see Kempe score 50 like someone else said...Great to see First rounders like Kempe have good/great success

Attachments

• 201909041455537557731.jpg
    201909041455537557731.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad