GDT: 2023 NHL Global Series LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes@9:00pm PST/ 12:00am EST 9/23-24/23 game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
We go again, same time, same place, different lineup. NHL Network/ESPN+

Per Zack Dooley:

Expect to see several changes for the Kings today, with everyone who did not play yesterday expected to skate today. With that in mind, the following seven players will play today, as per Head Coach Todd McLellan’s post-game press conference yesterday evening.

Forwards: Jaret Anderson-Dolan Samuel Fagemo, Carl Grundstrom, Alex Turcotte
Defensemen: Tobias Bjornfot, Jacob Moverare
Goaltender: Cam Talbot

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
On my way from Sydney for the game, how long before Puck drop does warmup usually take place?

Last edited:
Reactions: kingsboy11

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
7 new guys in for tonight. I fully expect it will be a swap for the bottom depth players. It’s a showcase game, so they’ll play their best. And those guys won’t have to play again for like a week. Just practice.

Fagemo in, Kaliyev out on the third line. Arty had looks last night but Todd is focused on his lack of production.

Tonka JAD Turc in for Doty Lizotte Lewis. I see Todd heavily relying upon 2/3 of this group for the next games post Australia.

Bjornfot in, Gavrikov out. Todd needs to play Toby and there is zero risk of consternation if Gavrikov sits one out.

Spence out, Moverare in. Todd says eff them kids.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
We really should have pushed harder for Antti Raanta this Summer. He's put up good numbers every year of his career.

Carolina has three pretty legit guys.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
I would like to see Byfield play in 4v4 situations instead of Kopitar, at least for preseason, just to save Kopitar's legs and hopefully get Byfield going.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
We really should have pushed harder for Antti Raanta this Summer. He's put up good numbers every year of his career.

Carolina has three pretty legit guys.

Blake spent all summer plugging the #2C hole he created by failing to develop back to back top five C picks, along with the top four LHD hole he created by overdrafting RHD.

Only so much time and cap space to fill so many roster issues. Surf’s up.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
7 new guys in for tonight. I fully expect it will be a swap for the bottom depth players. It’s a showcase game, so they’ll play their best. And those guys won’t have to play again for like a week. Just practice.

Fagemo in, Kaliyev out on the third line. Arty had looks last night but Todd is focused on his lack of production.

Tonka JAD Turc in for Doty Lizotte Lewis. I see Todd heavily relying upon 2/3 of this group for the next games post Australia.

Bjornfot in, Gavrikov out. Todd needs to play Toby and there is zero risk of consternation if Gavrikov sits one out.

Spence out, Moverare in. Todd says eff them kids.

I would move Gavri to his off side and pair him with an incoming LHD.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blake spent all summer plugging the #2C hole he created by failing to develop back to back top five C picks, along with the top four LHD hole he created by overdrafting RHD.

Only so much time and cap space to fill so many roster issues. Surf’s up.

Now he's gonna have to spend all season trying to clear up the G going into the playoffs for what will likely be the last 'real' go round for Doughty and Kopitar with minimal assets remaining to do so

At this point unless Byfield and Clarke turn into the 2nd coming it's become the next GM's problem, let's hope he leaves them with something to rebuild with

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
MA - Spence
Bjornfot - Gavri
Move - Roy
But ya , I wish .
DD playing exhib.

Hoven projected lineup is interesting.

Byfield – Kopitar – Kempe
Fiala – Dubois – Turcotte
Moore – Danault – Arvidsson
Grundstrom – JAD – Fagemo

Bjornfot – Doughty
Gavrikov – Roy
Moverare – Spence

Talbot

Last edited:
Reactions: Jungle Boy

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Now he's gonna have to spend all season trying to clear up the G going into the playoffs for what will likely be the last 'real' go round for Doughty and Kopitar with minimal assets remaining to do so

At this point unless Byfield and Clarke turn into the 2nd coming it's become the next GM's problem, let's hope he leaves them with something to rebuild with
Well, Blake isn't shy about trading futures. Maybe he'll trade Byfield for a goalie. Then Sol's brain will explode because he can't reconcile how much he'd love trading Byfield versus Blake trying to buy McLellan more time.

Reactions: Statto

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Well, Blake isn't shy about trading futures. Maybe he'll trade Byfield for a goalie. Then Sol's brain will explode because he can't reconcile how much he'd love trading Byfield versus Blake trying to buy McLellan more time.
It’s have to be a winger with salary going out instead of, or in addition to Q.

I don’t see it happening. For any prospect.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

I think that ship has sailed and there is a performance evaluation before any extension.
Blake knows well the Chronological Coaching history of how it was done last successful run.
Not extending yet, gives him leverage and accepting under performance may cost him his own 2025 extension.
And it becomes a distraction for the team, so there will be no talks before then.

As for this game?
7 new mostly younger guys into lineup.
Will comments indicate they finally wiped their crying eyes, smiled, and enjoyed their request?

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Anyone else think it was weird none of the Kings broadcast crew was shown at all during the game? Even Daryl wasn't, just his arm and a mic between periods. It had me wondering at times if they weren't back in LA calling the game. :nod:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
ANY STREAMING OPTION FOR THOSE OF US IN EUROPE, PLEASE?

I'M A GODDAMN PAYING NHL.TV SUBSCRIBER, YET CAN'T WATCH THE GAMES !!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry about yelling, but this is an outrage.

Please, if you can indicate ANY option to watch the second game at least, I will appreciate it.

HFBoards rules must be suspended on an occasion like this, when the NHL makes it impossible for you to watch the game despite being a paying subscriber.

f*** them.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
(I've now googled an option that will only work for 24 hours and that the NHL and this site's admins wouldn't like, but once again, I'm given no other choice despite being a paying subscriber. This outrage gets repeated every year – for NHL drafts and draft lottery, too, for example, as if they were unrelated to the NHL. Ditto for the NHL all-star game and weekend, although I don't care about that one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad