HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I havent been watching the Russians this year, my last viewing of Michkov is 2 yrs ago at the WJC where he looked like a young phenom offensively. The talent level is obviously really high with Michkov, but I cant comment on the details of his game personally.
Props for the humility

Many here should do the same and just say that they didn’t watch him in the past 2 years (I didn’t either)

So...we got pick 69th......

What's our sexy pick at that spot?
Terrence or Coulson Pitre are 2 options I really like there

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Alright boys,

Excluding players likely to be gone by the 31st pick, name 5 players that could be picked anywhere in the NHL draft that you'd be over the moon the Habs selected.

Mine are:

1. Jacob Fowler
2. Gracyn Sawchyn
3. Matthew Mania
4. Aydar Suniev
5. Juraj Pekarcik

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
Terrance really flashed playing at the U18s.. really really like his frame and skill-set.

Minnetian is also someone I ranked highly because I think he's poised for a breakout.
Terrance was dealt a bad hand. It was either go get buried down the NTDP lineup or go to one of the worst teams in the OHL. He would probably be a 1st (or close to) had he played for an actual good team. He does everything right and his toolset is quite good.

I agree with you on Minnetian. I thought he looked greener than most but his game evolved quite nicely as the season progressed. He really does seem like a pain in the ass to play against since he plays with so much gusto. I'm still not sure about his offensive upside, but I believe that at the very worst you get one hell of a shutdown guy.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Alright boys,

Excluding players likely to be gone by the 31st pick, name 5 players that could be picked anywhere in the NHL draft that you'd be over the moon the Habs selected.

Mine are:

1. Jacob Fowler
2. Gracyn Sawchyn
3. Matthew Mania
4. Aydar Suniev
5. Juraj Pekarcik
That’s an interesting conversation, not the same bla bla where hearing for the last 2 months

Riley Heidt
Coulson Pitre/Carrey Terrence
Tanner Ludtke
Connor Levis
Jordan Tourigny

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
Alright boys,

Mine are:

1. Jacob Fowler
2. Gracyn Sawchyn
3. Matthew Mania
4. Aydar Suniev
5. Juraj Pekarcik
This is a solid list and my top 5 would probably resembles yours. But for the sake of the exercise, I'd throw 5 other names in there:

1. Carey Terrance
2. Aram Minnetian
3. Carson Bjarnason
4. Beau Akey
5. Nick Lardis

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If players are equal I would take the CHL player. Twice before we took college guy, Poehlin and Caufield, they get those 2 years ELC. Extra year of control and extra year on cheap contract big deal.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
If players are equal I would take the CHL player. Twice before we took college guy, Poehlin and Caufield, they get those 2 years ELC. Extra year of control and extra year on cheap contract big deal.

Oversimplification. The ELC is not necessarily where you get all your saving. 2 years might be better depending on the case, depending on when in his ELC the player breaks out. The sooner you re-sign a player before he truly breaks out, the better. Imagine Caufield with one more year of ELC and he pops 50 next year. Do you really think we'd get him for under 8 mil then? Probably closer to 9-10 mil per. That 1-2 you save each year adds-up if you can sign long term before your best players pan out.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Alright boys,

Mine are:

1. Jacob Fowler
2. Gracyn Sawchyn
3. Matthew Mania
4. Aydar Suniev
5. Juraj Pekarcik

Bertucci, Edstrom, Wahlberg, Musty, Hrabal/Suchanek/Fowler/Gajan/Milic

I guess I cheated as there's a chance some of those are gone, likely Musty.

I haven't seen anything for Bertucci aside from U-18, but his size and offensive production is enticing on its own imo.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Props for the humility

Many here should do the same and just say that they didn’t watch him in the past 2 years (I didn’t either)
I’d wager 99% of posters here haven’t seen him the last two years. So to have this many people up in arms on a player they don’t know and for a situation that hasn’t even happened yet is comical.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I’d wager 99% of posters here haven’t seen him the last two years. So to have this many people up in arms on a player they don’t know and for a situation that hasn’t even happened yet is comical.

I saw him against Kunlun. It was a shit game. Also the goalies were shit and Michkov is shit. That's my scouting report.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Props for the humility

Terrence or Coulson Pitre are 2 options I really like there
It wasn't hard to find MHL, VHL and KHL streams this season (the VHL offers them on their website for free). You act like it's unfathomable that people around here have actually witnessed Michkov play this year.

Last edited:

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
If the government has any interest in Michkov, it's as an economic weapon. All that cash Michkov will make will likely come back into the Russian economy.

Also, why is ge allowed to come to the draft? Shouldn't he be gagged and strapped to a chair?
Agreed.

The fact that he is allowed to come over and talk to teams is definitely a green flag.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Alright boys,

Mine are:

1. Jacob Fowler
2. Gracyn Sawchyn
3. Matthew Mania
4. Aydar Suniev
5. Juraj Pekarcik

1. Jayden Perron (I think he falls big time relative to pundits and HFboarders)
2. Matthew Mania
3. Timur Mukhanov
4. AlEx CiErNiCk
5. Andrew Gibson

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Alright boys,

Mine are:

1. Jacob Fowler
2. Gracyn Sawchyn
3. Matthew Mania
4. Aydar Suniev
5. Juraj Pekarcik

Lardis, Akey, Wahlberg, Fowler, Mania

JT3

May 27, 2013
You know we're a week from the draft when dudes are coming in here saying guys ranked 6/7/8 are a reach at 5 lol. Who cares what conclusions they've come to over the season, if the pick doesn't agree with Bob's list it's wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad