HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Pretty frustrating, especially with Hughes comments on how we are taking the most talented player.
Technically he doesn't say that tho...he always phrases it like 'we will take the player we think will have the best career' or 'best long term potential'
He also talks about valuing hockey sense and character and compete...not just 'talent'

JT3

May 27, 2013
Alright boys,

Excluding players likely to be gone by the 31st pick, name 5 players that could be picked anywhere in the NHL draft that you'd be over the moon the Habs selected.

Mine are:

1. Jacob Fowler
2. Gracyn Sawchyn
3. Matthew Mania
4. Aydar Suniev
5. Juraj Pekarcik
Nico Myatovic
Beau Akey
Lenni Hameenaho
Carey Terrance
Jakub Dvorak

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

JT3

May 27, 2013
Myatovic is someone I like but at this point I think we won’t have the chance to grab him expect if we take him at 37. Same with Kalen Lind
Yeah I agree I think he's gone between 37 and 69. I wouldn't be upset with him at 37 (I know that isn't a popular opinion), but there are probably better players available and I don't think they would take him at that point anyways.

Reactions: Vachon23

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
We need two more top 70 picks.
uVcwr4c.png

Reactions: Redux91

JT3

May 27, 2013
We need two more top 70 picks.
uVcwr4c.png
That's about the range where I start to see a real drop of on my personal list. Would be nice to package some of our extra picks to move up, we've already got plenty of depth in the pool.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
Alright boys,

Excluding players likely to be gone by the 31st pick, name 5 players that could be picked anywhere in the NHL draft that you'd be over the moon the Habs selected.

Mine are:

1. Jacob Fowler
2. Gracyn Sawchyn
3. Matthew Mania
4. Aydar Suniev
5. Juraj Pekarcik
Never seen this Mania guy play but want him instantly for the name alone.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I’m still pretty confident most haven’t see him play (and I’m not talking about highlight)
Maybe, but what does that change? There are people in this thread speaking about other prospects who they likely have only seen highlights of as well. You're on a message board. Again, with how easy I found it to catch games of Michkov, I doubt there are as many as you think who are just talking out of their ass and have not seen him play for 2 years. The war didn't create a black hole in Russia where nothing gets out.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
Quick question ... If you are Moslon, who do you draft between Reonbacher, Michkov and Leonard?

For me its simple, If i am the president and owner of the Montreal Canadien I Draft Michkov. As CEO my first goal is to make money , and with MM I am guaranteed to fill my pockets for the next 15 years :)

As a fan, i will not buy ticket to see Leonard, but i will for MM ...

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
If you think that tier of prospects is subpar, then there’s nothing we can say that will convince you otherwise. Feel free to follow Michkov and cheer for his team.
I’ll cheer for the Habs. I’ll cheer for who we pick. I don’t want Michkov any more than any other of the Top-5, if the issue was to No Draft Carlsson, I would call BS. I care for drafting process and a functional franchise.

I’ve laughed with the rest of Canada at JFJ in Toronto, Katz and Lowe in Edmonton. Are we next? There’s something that stinks in this whole story.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe he has said that, I haven’t heard that myself, I’ve often heard him say what I wrote tho - and also around the combine and after draft lottery.

Either way, I think he means they are looking for a lot of things beyond just ‘talent’
Exactly this. Drouin has more talent than Brady Tkachuk. Who is the better player though?

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I’m still pretty confident most haven’t see him play (and I’m not talking about highlight)
I’ve seen him play several time, I have on my computer several games that I cut shift to shift. I did the same with the USNTDP Smith line. That’s the whole problem. I see the massive discrepancy of skills.

It’s your prerogative to be a mouthpiece and facilitator of this charade. I’ll call it like it is until the draft.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
honestly, if you're correct, like you were about slaf, I will have to pay closer attention to what you say regarding the draft. especially if they go reinbacher.
Also don't forget his assessment of Wright's game long before his poor playoff performance. @Goldenhands is the man!

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Quick question ... If you are Moslon, who do you draft between Reonbacher, Michkov and Leonard?

For me its simple, If i am the president and owner of the Montreal Canadien I Draft Michkov. As CEO my first goal is to make money , and with MM I am guaranteed to fill my pockets for the next 15 years :)

When did Molson make himself the head of hokey ops. and GM? Who they draft is HuGo's call, not the very lucky, dumb trust fund kid's.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Exactly this. Drouin has more talent than Brady Tkachuk. Who is the better player though?

And Hughes has repeatedly said that he wants to draft the player who will become the best player. The previous paraphrasing nonsense in this thread was grossly dishonest.

Molson has 0 input on draft picks.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
They are passing on Michkov mainly because the risk factor is too high and because there are question marks about his 3 zones play. If a player is offensively minded only and has notable flaws in his game, some scouts will lean toward more complete players even if the upside isnt as high. The goal is to win hockey games, the show comes 2nd.
Who decided to pass on Michkov? Habs Amateur Scouts or beer salesmen in office towers?

You’ve expanded the definition of BPA to render it meaningless. The BPA has become the guy brass feels like picking now. And according to you, they feel so confident that x,y, or z is the BPA, that scouts are not even allowed evaluating Michkov in relation to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad