2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder if this is a ploy by Danny to get someone to trade into 7 with them and Danny to get more assets/picks.

Philly and Michkov have never really made a ton of sense to me, especially once Danny unloaded Provorov onto CBJ.
With the blues and wings right behind Washington I could definitely see that as someone trying to get the trade prices to increase

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I doubt you see Briere trading up.
I know you've done the research on precedent. I just think we might be entering a new era of more movement in the draft, as analytics drill down on values and a new generation of GMs replace the cautious old guard whose decision making style formed that precedent. Briere seems as aggressive as they come to this point.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
From the EP profile on him:

“Because while it’s not a universally held position (not even within our ranks), Moore has flashed among the most creative, skilled, intelligent displays of playmaking of any player outside of the Big Four in this year’s draft.”

Forton mentioned how he believed that playmaking often times = high hockey IQ
Moore would be a fun player to have, fully support drafting him too.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Final Mock draft here, does Buffalo pass on Moore to take Perreault? People's thoughts on this on?

giphy.gif

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I know you've done the research on precedent. I just think we might be entering a new era of more movement in the draft, as analytics drill down on values and a new generation of GMs replace the cautious old guard whose decision making style formed that precedent. Briere seems as aggressive as they come to this point.
I think Briere wants a volume of picks and will not give them up to move up two spots.

EF expects the asking price to move up into the top 5 to be too rich for other GMs and that teams stick and pick.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

I think Musty is really in play. Not just because they have so much more scouting on him than most other players…or because he’s a type of player who is interesting and everyone wants…and not just because of data like this…

mostly because he improved all year long and Adams loves risers. Especially ones with high end potential when they finish developing.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Final Mock draft here, does Buffalo pass on Moore to take Perreault? People's thoughts on this on?

I could see it happening.

There are tons of guys that the Sabres could take that would not be shocking.

Benson, Moore, Perrault, any of the top D, and even Musty could be the pick and not surprise me.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
I sure hope not. Moore seems like GMKA's kind of player, on and off the ice.

His home town Minneapolis newspaper, the Star Tribune, had a very nice profile on him this week and it screamed 'Sabres" to me. Some quotes:

"Oliver Moore was always on the go.

At his one-year appointment, the pediatrician asked him if he could walk from line to line. He jumped instead.

When he went to the theater, his family had to drive separately because the movie was too long for him to sit still. He was the one at school asked to sharpen the pencils.

"He just needed to get up," Moore's mom, Shawna, said."

-----

"He played other sports, like baseball, lacrosse and soccer, but he stuck with hockey.

Baseball was "too much standing around," Shawna said. "Soccer worked because he was moving, but there was a point in soccer he just wanted to be every position. Hockey you're moving constantly. The perpetual motion, you have to use your hands, you have to use your feet, you have to use your brain.

"There's so much more to it. I think for him he just wanted that constant challenge."

---

"When he makes a cut in and out, he's explosive through that cut," Parkos said. "A lot of guys have to slow down a little bit to make that cut, and it takes them a stride or two to get up to top speed, or two or three. He seems to be able to do that at top speed and somehow look faster."

---

"Moore believes he can get even faster, but the forward is concentrating on harnessing that velocity.

"I can use it all over the place, like getting out of corners with the puck or defensively closing gaps on players," Moore said, "and also just creating separation between myself and the opponent."

NHL Central Scouting ranked Moore as the eighth-best North American skater, and he has been buzzed about as perhaps the quickest in the 2023 draft class.

"If you were to go next to him on the ice and just listen to his feet hit the ice and how strong and how hard and the sound he makes, it's just different," U.S. national under-18 assistant coach Chad Kolarik said. "It doesn't sound like anybody else."

---

"But Moore's footwork isn't his only strength.

The 5-11, 195-pound center is also a playmaking scorer, finishing with 31 goals and 44 assists for 75 points in 61 games for the U.S. national under-18 team last season.

"He would walk down and beat goalies just straight up," Kolarik said. "He would put it right past them high glove, high blocker, wherever he wanted to put it. His shot is NHL-caliber today."

---

"When he's on the ice, everybody's better because of it," McDonough said, "and he's not doing anything other than showing up and working hard. He has an energy that he brings that's contagious. All of his peers, they gravitate toward him."

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Noted draft expert Kevin Weekes has us selecting...............................................

Dalibor Dvorksy

Yes please???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad