2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
This draft looks to have many talented defensemen in the second round.

Just take BPA in the first. I even flipped my thoughts on drafting a defenseman or bust. At this point just go with talent in the first round. We could see Bonk or Gulyayev at 39th.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Tij Iginla :naughty:

If people have been reading from the beginning - which I doubt based on the "hey, who would you draft this year" drop-ins of late, we've already had Celebrini and Eiserman and Kiviharju commentary in this thread. I may sift through those to put up the next one tomorrow morning. :D

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
If people have been reading from the beginning - which I doubt based on the "hey, who would you draft this year" drop-ins of late, we've already had Celebrini and Eiserman and Kiviharju commentary in this thread. I may sift through those to put up the next one tomorrow morning. :D

I have no idea how to rate him, but it’s the fact that Jarome’s kid is available to be drafted next year that makes me feel old.

The fact that the Rangers have already drafted Dave Karpa’s son (and another is a free agent) didn’t help either (was a huge fan of him).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have no idea how to rate him, but it’s the fact that Jarome’s kid is available to be drafted next year that makes me feel old.

The fact that the Rangers have already drafted Dave Karpa’s son (and another is a free agent) didn’t help either (was a huge fan of him).

It gets worse.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Went thru about 15 mock drafts to see where the experts were coming down and was.........uninspired by the group likely available to us at 13. Trade the pick please, and for the love of God do not pick Benson. If it comes down to that and Wood is available, please take him instead.

Any way it goes this pick is not helping the Sabres anytime soon, and the team is ready to make some big strides if the couple gaping holes get filled,. Let this pick help them now.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Like I said, I don't like our options at 13, and I have had ENOUGH of the teenie weenie itty bitty smurf drafts. Trade it.
2022 NHL draft. The Buffalo Sabres selected 11 players. THREE of them were under 6 foot, and there are rumors that one of them (Neuchev) might actually be over 6 foot now.

ONE of those players was under 5 foot 11 inches....our #1 prospect.

So where are these "smurf drafts" you're talking about????

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
for anyone getting their opinions set in stone too much in who they like or dislike…I recommend reading through the 2020 and 2021 draft threads! The amount of dislike Quinn and power got in the months leading up or after the drafts is impressive!

It goes to show, none of us really know anything…and neither do the actual teams haha

With that being said, opinions are fun. Just don’t take them too seriously

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I had the thought that when we see 2023-born draftees, I'll be in my 70's.

That one makes me wince.
I'm not too far off. We're two years from my first daughter being "draft eligible".

I might have to stop watching real sports and start making simulations so I can just restart and make Pat Lafontaine 26 again.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I can’t wait for the Sabres to take ASP, the board to melt down, and in a few years for him to look like the next Cale Makar.

Maybe we should trust this scouting department with whatever they choose to do, as so far they’ve drafted pretty damn well.
He's Brännström-tier. Not worth a 1st rounder. I'd be ok with our 2nd.

Reactions: Zman5778
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad