2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Wheeler’s latest mock is out.

He became my enemy today too.

Edit: it was Wheeler. Pronman is still my friend. Wheeler can burn in hell for all eternity

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What turn of events occurred to allow that to happen? Is anyone able to summarize the top 12?

1. Chicago Blackhawks: Connor Bedard, C, Regina (WHL)

2. Anaheim Ducks: Adam Fantilli, C, Michigan (Big 10)​

3. Columbus Blue Jackets: Leo Carlsson, C, Orebro​

4. San Jose Sharks: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)​

5. Montreal Canadiens: Colby Barlow, LW, Owen Sound (OHL)​

6. Arizona Coyotes: Will Smith, C, USA U18 (NTDP)​

7. Philadelphia Flyers: David Reinbacher, D, Kloten (NL)​

8. Washington Capitals: Ryan Leonard, RW, USA U18 (NTDP)​

9. Detroit Red Wings: Matthew Wood, RW, UConn (Hockey East)​

10. St. Louis Blues: Gabe Perreault, RW, USA U18 (NTDP)​

11. Vancouver Canucks: Zach Benson, LW, Winnipeg (WHL)​

12. Arizona Coyotes (from OTT): Tom Willander, D, Rogle Jr. (Sweden-2)​

13. Buffalo Sabres: Dalibor Dvorsky, C, AIK (Sweden-2)​

DOB: 06/15/05 | Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 201 | Shot: L
GP: 38 | G: 6 | A: 8 | P: 14

There are a few options the Sabres could go with here. I'll go with Dvorsky because he has such a high offensive ceiling. The Sabres have become a good offensive team, and it feels as if he would be a fit there. He's got size, definitely has the skill, has the vision and certainly has creativity. He can generate offense not only for himself but also for his teammates.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wow, he had the Canadians taking Barlow. Probably a smart pick for them! I feel like we need that kind of player too, but Dvorsky has such high upside that you gotta be excited if that’s the pick.

I'd be happy with Dvorsky too.

-------------------

It'll be nice when this all is over since there are a lot of folks posting draft content who I don't know from a proverbial hole in the wall - no offense to them, I just have more trust in some posters here and on the Prospect board than I do with some folks with a YT channel who sometimes seem like they are just repackaging EP, HP, or even MacKenzie stuff as their own.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Seems like everyone has the Wings taking Wood lately. Which must be based on some kind of leak because he’s always taken euros in the first, so it’s not really a Yzerman type of pick

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Y
I'd be happy with Dvorsky too.

-------------------

It'll be nice when this all is over since there are a lot of folks posting draft content who I don't know from a proverbial hole in the wall - no offense to them, I just have more trust in some posters here and on the Prospect board than I do with some folks with a YT channel who sometimes seem like they are just repackaging EP, HP, or even MacKenzie stuff as their own.
Yeah, I don’t know how much work Weekes puts into this, but at this point I’m almost more interested in people like him who are close to the teams and hearing things than I am about prospect assessments. Gimme the rumors so I can figure out who everyone is taking! Lol

Reactions: Chainshot

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The Sabres would likely love it if guys like Wood & Barlow go top 12.
I guess it depends on who they like - do you have intel on them preferring other players?
Adams seems to like European leagues in the first - are you basing it on that?

Could be wrong but I don’t think so.
There was a rumor that Murray overruled the room. I don’t think anyone cares enough at this point to try to confirm that rumor

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I guess it depends on who they like - do you have intel on them preferring other players?
Adams seems to like European leagues in the first - are you basing it on that?
If you want to look at trends, the first pick of every Adams draft has been a NA-based player:

Savoie
Power
Quinn

After those first picks, it has been 16 to 8 European-based players over NA-based players.

And I am just basing it on how Barlow and Wood are guys that if they go that early would likely push more talented guys that the Sabres would like down the board to them.

Although, I could see them liking Wood.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If you want to look at trends, the first pick of every Adams draft has been a NA-based player:

Savoie
Power
Quinn

After those first picks, it has been 16 to 8 European-based players over NA-based players.

And I am just basing it on how Barlow and Wood are guys that if they go that early would likely push more talented guys that the Sabres would like down the board to them.

Although, I could see them liking Wood.
Most folks think Wood is among the more talented in the draft - what makes you think the Sabres don’t? I guess I’d say the same for Barlow - there’s a ton of talent there.

It’s also more about projecting their talent out into the future, so taking the most talented player now is shortsighted, and doesn’t line up with what Adam’s says he did when he picked Quinn. Most projectable over most talented.

I don’t think anyone can really say the sabres would be happy if xyz happens since I don’t think they are that easy to read.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Finally had time to listen to Baker on Sabres Live yesterday. You’ve never heard three people more disappointed making a pick than Baker picking ASP. He hated it. Marty and Duff couldn’t believe they’d pass on Moore. I thought Baker was going to vomit at one point.

A fairly accurate depiction of what my draft night would look like. Only with a lot of guys not Moore.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Finally had time to listen to Baker on Sabres Live yesterday. You’ve never heard three people more disappointed making a pick than Baker picking ASP. He hated it. Marty and Duff couldn’t believe they’d pass on Moore. I thought Baker was going to vomit at one point.

A fairly accurate depiction of what my draft night would look like. Only with a lot of guys not Moore.
Wait, I thought it was Baker who said that Buffalo would choose ASP. Who then made this choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad