2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
2022 NHL draft. The Buffalo Sabres selected 11 players. THREE of them were under 6 foot, and there are rumors that one of them (Neuchev) might actually be over 6 foot now.

ONE of those players was under 5 foot 11 inches....our #1 prospect.

So where are these "smurf drafts" you're talking about????
Maybe it's the build/weight more so than actual height

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Again, I'm going to trust the scouts more than a keyboard critic. I respect your opinion, I just disagree.
Black book scouts gave him a B and ranked him 26.

Hes been sliding down rankings and mocks the closer we get/the more team info leaks out.

I think what you mean to say is that you don’t trust anything and want to stan a guy just because

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
2022 NHL draft. The Buffalo Sabres selected 11 players. THREE of them were under 6 foot, and there are rumors that one of them (Neuchev) might actually be over 6 foot now.

ONE of those players was under 5 foot 11 inches....our #1 prospect.

So where are these "smurf drafts" you're talking about????
KA forwards in the first 2 rounds of his three drafts so far.

Savoie 5-9 179 Undersized
Ostlund 5-11 165 Slightly undersized
Kulich 6-0 179 Should be close to average NHL size
Rosen 5-11 174 Undersized frame that will get snapped.
Kisakov 5-10 150 Undersized and built to be broken.
Quinn 6-0 185 Should be close to average NHL size
Peterka 5-11 189 Should be close to average NHL size

Out of seven picks, three should be about average size, and four will be undersized. Not one player with real size to speak of. The average here is well under average, especially for the first two rounds.

Also, where you going to put them all? There is redundancy here for sure. Our hammer keeps drafting nails.

Reactions: CostanzaJr

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

Out of seven picks, three should be about average size, and four will be undersized. Not one player with real size to speak of. The average here is well under average, especially for the first two rounds.

Also, where you going to put them all? There is redundancy here for sure. Our hammer keeps drafting nails.
bUt 5-9 iS nOt SmUrF

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Of course there's redundancy. I completely concede that Savoie is undersized in terms of height. I completely concede that everyone you listed needs to put on weight. You're also acting like they're not going to put on any more muscle.....which they of course will.

I do find it highly amusing that one inch and 5 pounds is your difference between "close to average NHL size" and "frame that will get snapped". 1 inch and 5 pounds.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Of course there's redundancy. I completely concede that Savoie is undersized in terms of height. I completely concede that everyone you listed needs to put on weight. You're also acting like they're not going to put on any more muscle.....which they of course will.

I do find it highly amusing that one inch and 5 pounds is your difference between "close to average NHL size" and "frame that will get snapped". 1 inch and 5 pounds.
Rosen has weight because he has big legs, but he has the upper body frame and jaw of a teenage female. Kulich on the other hand has a larger frame and more evenly distributed weight, and clearly wins the jaw contest.

Height is only a general indicator. On average a taller person has a bigger frame to add mass to, .....on average. For example, Kisakov is and inch taller than Savoie, but is 25 lbs lighter. Savoie is only 5-9, but that means his 179 lbs is better distributed for his height. Even if the skill was the same, Savoies build would give him a much better chance than Kisakov.

KA top rounds forward pick have been on the smallish side. A team filled with these guys will not hold up thru 4 rounds of playoff hockey. If we are drafting a forward at 13, it needs to be one with some size.

Or, like I said earlier....trade it.

Reactions: CostanzaJr

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
Rosen has weight because he has big legs, but he has the upper body frame and jaw of a teenage female. Kulich on the other hand has a larger frame and more evenly distributed weight, and clearly wins the jaw contest.

Height is only a general indicator. On average a taller person has a bigger frame to add mass to, .....on average. For example, Kisakov is and inch taller than Savoie, but is 25 lbs lighter. Savoie is only 5-9, but that means his 179 lbs is better distributed for his height. Even if the skill was the same, Savoies build would give him a much better chance than Kisakov.

KA top rounds forward pick have been on the smallish side. A team filled with these guys will not hold up thru 4 rounds of playoff hockey. If we are drafting a forward at 13, it needs to be one with some size.

Or, like I said earlier....trade it.
I agree. We need a big jaw at #13. No one cares about their legs.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Since I posted my Perreault is the pick joke mock last night

1. PDOcast gave us Perreault on their podcast today

2. MSN mock today

1. Buffalo Sabres - Gabe Perreault, RW, USNTDP - The Sabres have hit on so many moves — from drafting Rasmus Dahlin, Owen Power, Peyton Krebs, Dylan Cozens, and JJ Peterka, to acquiring Devon Levi, Tage Thompson, and Alex Tuch — that they can freely swing for the fences here. Perreault represents a swing with incredible upside as no player in the USNTDP produced like he did. Are there defensive deficiencies? Yes. Is there potential for an electric offensive player that drives the Buffalo power play? Absolutely.

3. MyNHLdraft gave us Perreault in their final update today

Didnt see this kid mocked to us once before my goddamned joke

Knock Knock?

Who’s there?

Connor Bedard

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

2. MSN mock today

1. Buffalo Sabres - Gabe Perreault, RW, USNTDP - The Sabres have hit on so many moves — from drafting Rasmus Dahlin, Owen Power, Peyton Krebs, Dylan Cozens, and JJ Peterka, to acquiring Devon Levi, Tage Thompson, and Alex Tuch — that they can freely swing for the fences here. Perreault represents a swing with incredible upside as no player in the USNTDP produced like he did. Are there defensive deficiencies? Yes. Is there potential for an electric offensive player that drives the Buffalo power play? Absolutely.

Knock Knock?

Who’s there?

Connor Bedard
Fortunately we smoked Detroit and Ottawa last season, so we should be in the clear.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

2. MSN mock today

Knock Knock?

Who’s there?

Connor Bedard
We drafted Peyton Krebs .. good to know

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Does the Newhook trade push Montreal towards Reinbacher? They drafted Slaf and Mesar and Beck and traded a first for Dach last year. That’s a lot of high draft capital spent on forwards in a year to use another top 5 pick on Leonard or someone like that.

Of course we did Rosen, Poltapov, Savoie, Ostlund, Kulich within two drafts with similar draft capital. But we did get Power too.

But I’d happily take a forward again so I guess I withdraw my question.

Reactions: The Blunder Years

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Also…not for nothing…but I don’t think I’d feel great about using 4 firsts and 2 high seconds and having

Slaf
Dach
Newhook
Mesar
Beck

to show for it. Would really want to swing for the home run on Michkov and it would frustrate me very much if I believed they wouldn’t.

Reactions: Zach716

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Also…not for nothing…but I don’t think I’d feel great about using 4 firsts and 2 high seconds and having

Slaf
Dach
Newhook
Mesar
Beck

to show for it. Would really want to swing for the home run on Michkov and it would frustrate me very much if I believed they wouldn’t.
Yeah it has upside but it’s not really all that inspiring.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Draft starts at 7. If last year is any indication Bettman should be rapping up his opening remarks about 24 hours from now.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Black book scouts gave him a B and ranked him 26.

Hes been sliding down rankings and mocks the closer we get/the more team info leaks out.

I think what you mean to say is that you don’t trust anything and want to stan a guy just because
My guy is actually Benson, I see the pros and cons of a guy like ASP. I’m just tired of people being doom and gloom about a pick that we won’t know anything about for three+ years.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Again, I'm going to trust the scouts more than a keyboard critic. I respect your opinion, I just disagree.
Not even using a keyboard...
I don't have the time to watch NA prospects and go player x, y, z in terms of picking order but I've seen enough smallish puck moving swedish d to know when I'd get excited about picking one in the first round.
He's a good skater but you need to be an exceptional one, especially if you want a Makar-level player.

ASP with an early 2nd? Great! But at 13 I hope there are better prospects.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Not even using a keyboard...
I don't have the time to watch NA prospects and go player x, y, z in terms of picking order but I've seen enough smallish puck moving swedish d to know when I'd get excited about picking one in the first round.
He's a good skater but you need to be an exceptional one, especially if you want a Makar-level player.

ASP with an early 2nd? Great! But at 13 I hope there are better prospects.

I agree. I originally had him as the earliest of the 2nds they had, and I’m (mostly) fine with that position currently. I like Bonk and Strbak more, but I won’t hate him at 39 if both are gone by then. At 45 though… :thumbu:

Reactions: paulmm3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad