Rumor: 2023 Free Agency and Trade Rumors: Will Sleepy Mac wake up for the deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I think Leafs need D the most, they were fine up front already
This allows them to love JT to the wing. They still have $4.8 mil in cap space to do that too.

I would be ok with the Avs getting J. Toews if he gets healthy.

That's the move I see for the Avs

Reactions: the_fan

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
It seems like the asking price for Karlsson and Meier are too high for every team that has inquired. I wonder if San Jose is going to screw themselves here. I can definitely see them either taking a last-minute deal for peanuts or just not trading either and losing Meier to free agency.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If we can't get a good 2C, I'd not mind to go get a ton of cheap depth from the Hawks: package of Domi, Lafferty, Raddysh and JJ.

Lafferty and Raddysh are legit NHLers and signed for peanuts next year as well. We'll need that. There's also a chance that Domi would work at 2C here for a few months, especially with the good defensive wingers that we already have.

JJ is JJ.

Depth wins cups and we can fit those 4 players under EJ's cap hit alone.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
It seems like the asking price for Karlsson and Meier are too high for every team that has inquired. I wonder if San Jose is going to screw themselves here. I can definitely see them either taking a last-minute deal for peanuts or just not trading either and losing Meier to free agency.
I have my doubts a deal gets done on either those just both look like offseason trades to me.

Meier is RFA if I am not mistaken with a qualifying offer of over 10m per.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
If we can't get a good 2C, I'd not mind to go get a ton of cheap depth from the Hawks: package of Domi, Lafferty, Raddysh and JJ.

Lafferty and Raddysh are legit NHLers and signed for peanuts next year as well. We'll need that.

I agree.

Last post-season, the Avalanche's top-6 and fourth line were great. However, the third line was not good. Compher wasn't bad, but he was often flanked by Aube-Kubel and Sturm. Burakovsky obviously played there too, but he only played 12 games due to injury + healthy scratch. Newhook also played 12 games there, but was a complete non-factor with zero goals and was frequently healthy scratched.

All in all, it was a mess of a line most of the post-season. If the Avalanche can strengthen it for this post-season, it can hopefully help off-set being light at 2C.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think Leafs need D the most, they were fine up front already
No, defensively they have depth, it’s up front that’s the problem. Kampf as their 3C was not gonna cut it, they either needed another scoring winger or center. O’Reilly might be perfect for them, especially if he can find anything resembling his old scoring touch.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
No, defensively they have depth, it’s up front that’s the problem. Kampf as their 3C was not gonna cut it, they either needed another scoring winger or center. O’Reilly might be perfect for them, especially if he can find anything resembling his old scoring touch.
Will be a much more difficult matchup in the playoffs , less pressure on Tavares and Matthews might do wonders for them

Reactions: Pokecheque

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
Very good penalty killer, plays a fast game on the 4th line. He is very much a Logan O'Connor style player.
I wouldn't mind adding another O'Connor type. He was snake bit with the goals, but he's always a sparkplug out there. Him and Cogs are great on the penalty kill when they're on their game.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Lafferty and Raddysh are legit NHLers and signed for peanuts next year as well. We'll need that. There's also a chance that Domi would work at 2C here for a few months, especially with the good defensive wingers that we already have.

JJ is JJ.

Depth wins cups and we can fit those 4 players under EJ's cap hit alone.
I agree. I've mentioned before Bednar's system is extremely taxing on the players. It based on wearing down the other teams with speed and strong forechecking. IMO it is very important that Bednar has a 3rd and 4th line he can trust to put out there in order to keep his top-6 fresher. It is obvious to me that the Avs consistently gets in trouble at the end of periods especially the 2nd half of the 3rd periods. That is when they get tired and the other teams push back. They get pinned in their zone not so much because they sit on a lead but more so because they are to tired to keep the forecheck/pressure on the other team. If Bednar had a more confidence in his 3rd and 4th line he could roll four lines more which would help tremendously to keep playing their style of hockey late in games. So I agree. If we can't get that 2C we need then load up the bottom 2 lines with pit bulls type of players who are also good defensively. If they have some finishing ability that's would be very nice as well to help our 5v5 scoring.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If we can't get a 2C, just get the best top six forward available. Mikko can play center at an acceptable level. No one is going to be saying no to shit in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad