Rumor: 2023 Free Agency and Trade Rumors: Will Sleepy Mac wake up for the deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
Would it be ill advised to sign Bo to a 5x5.
I don't know. I would offer him somewhere around 3-4m a year for 2-8 years, his call. He likely takes the 2y bridge, but you never know, he might want to secure his future forever.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would it be ill advised to sign Bo to a 5x5.

Yes. Still way too many questions around him yet to be going anything long term. Plus we cant really afford $5M next year.

A bridge deal is the best for both parties with him. Gives the Avs more time to sort the cap situation out and learn more about exactly what we have with Bo and whether he can stay healthy. And for Bo its a good opportunity to prove himself, and prove that he's worth a big long term deal.

2x$3M just makes too much sense.

If the Avs were in the middle of a rebuild or retool, you could look at taking on some risk in the form of a long term deal for ~6-7M. But given where we are as a contender and the cap situation we cant take that kind of risk.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Given his injury history but also with his great play when healthy I think a bridge deal of 3.5 x 2 years is a big raise and gives Byram a huge opportunity to cash in if he can play 75 percent or more of the next 2 seasons, etc.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Leafs paid that price for ROR thinking he’ll help shutdown Tampa? He couldn’t help the Blues shutdown the Avs 2 years in a row in the playoffs and he’s regressing. Is he really gonna be the answer for the Leafs?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
WHAT DID IT SAY?!?!?!?!?!
98F883C0-9EBC-4090-9817-909CE7E0B126.jpeg

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Leafs paid that price for ROR thinking he’ll help shutdown Tampa? He couldn’t help the Blues shutdown the Avs 2 years in a row in the playoffs and he’s regressing. Is he really gonna be the answer for the Leafs?
He looks good tonight, I don't think he's regressed. Just a tough start, probably a big bounce back year next year.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Nothing new on HNIC, but they showed Lucic entering the building and that guy knows how to dress

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Would the Blues move on from Schenn if they are blowing it up? His contract is going to bad in the next few years but for the win now and figure it out later it might work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad