Prospect Info: 2023 Draft Thread (Yotes picking #6 & #12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
If at 12 you have Wood and Benson on the board still I can’t see BA choosing Benson. We saw last year that size matters and I just don’t see them taking Benson

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
If at 12 you have Wood and Benson on the board still I can’t see BA choosing Benson. We saw last year that size matters and I just don’t see them taking Benson
I think Dvorsky and benson would be a really good get in the first round. Arguably the two best 2 way forwards in the draft. Wheeler has them 1-2 as the top 2 way forwards

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Wood is not an aggressive big man and he’s got skating issues.
But he is tall lol

I think Dvorsky and benson would be a really good get in the first round. Arguably the two best 2 way forwards in the draft. Wheeler has them 1-2 as the top 2 way forwards
Oh don’t get me wrong I would be thrilled at a combo of dvorsky/benson, Leonard/benson, or somehow dvorsky/Leonard

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
But he is tall lol

I don’t think this is fair to our scouts and manager. Geekie is tall but he has fantastic mobility for his size. And he’s inconsistency aggressive but he has shown that side. Lamoreaux is also tall but very mobile for his size and extremely physically aggressive.

I like Wood. And I’d be cool with the pick. But I wouldn’t say we just pick whoever is the biggest.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The mock you posted didn't have Woods listed and yet you said only 1% chance of 1 of the 6 would be there at 12th. The problem with mocks is they don't take into consideration trades. I believe there is a good chance a team trades up for Michkov. It could be the Coyotes, but I think he would go sooner.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Part of me wants michkov to go at 4 or 5 so we don’t have to deal with the disappointment of having the chance and then passing him up. But at the same time one of the most exciting moments was having the shot at Wright last year and then somehow still being happy with cooley

rt

May 13, 2004
The mock you posted didn't have Woods listed and yet you said only 1% chance of 1 of the 6 would be there at 12th. The problem with mocks is they don't take into consideration trades. I believe there is a good chance a team trades up for Michkov. It could be the Coyotes, but I think he would go sooner.
I’m not following. There is no chance that Michkov, Leonard, Dvorsky Reinbacher will be there at 12th. There is some chance Wood will be.

Part of me wants michkov to go at 4 or 5 so we don’t have to deal with the disappointment of having the chance and then passing him up.
All of me wants that. Lol.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I’m not following. There is no chance that Michkov, Leonard, Dvorsky Reinbacher will be there at 12th. There is some chance Wood will be there
Didn't some of the Coyotes' scouts mentioned that they don't have a defensemen in the top 10 BPAs? Reinbacher could be there at 12, I wouldn't rule him out The 1st part Craig discusses about misinformation and the 2 part before talking about the 5 he discusses he may be wrong.

rt

May 13, 2004
Didn't some of the Coyotes' scouts mentioned that they don't have a defensemen in the top 10 BPAs? Reinbacher could be there at 12, I wouldn't rule him out The 1st part Craig discusses about misinformation and the 2 part before talking about the 5 he discusses he may be wrong.
No. And no. He’s gone by 8.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
There are 4 franchise changing players in this year's draft, Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson and Michkov. I can't see Michkov making it past #4, TBH. IF SJ doesn't want to risk the pick on Michkov, they will trade with Philly or Washington for a boatload of talent. Should Michkov fall to six I will be shocked. We have to take him at 6. He can be our Ovechkin, our Crosby.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
There are 4 franchise changing players in this year's draft, Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson and Michkov. I can't see Michkov making it past #4, TBH. IF SJ doesn't want to risk the pick on Michkov, they will trade with Philly or Washington for a boatload of talent. Should Michkov fall to six I will be shocked. We have to take him at 6. He can be our Ovechkin, our Crosby.
Even if he doesn't want to play here, we can manage the asset for a couple years and trade him for a haul in a couple years. We have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad