Prospect Info: 2023 Draft Thread (Yotes picking #6 & #12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You forgot Michkov at 2
No I didn’t.

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Holy crap, I spent some time looking at 23' prospects and jeesh...let's keep the tank rolling! Need to add some 23 firsts in trades because that class is loaded.

Reactions: Grimes

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Finish bottom 5. Michkov will be there at 5. We can wait a few years for him to come over if we can manage to snag another 2 first rounders next season

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
Are their any highly touted D? Definitely go BPA, but with Cooley/Hayton/Geekie/Smith/Jenik/McBain, certainly hope we have at least 3 legit Cs there. And we are weak on top end D.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Holy crap, I spent some time looking at 23' prospects and jeesh...let's keep the tank rolling! Need to add some 23 firsts in trades because that class is loaded.

Yeah we pretty much can't go wrong with a top 10 pick next year. Would be lovely to get some luck like CBJ once and manage to get two top 15 picks. I don't expect 23 1sts to be traded like candy though.

So far
1st (AZ)
2nd (AZ)
3rd (AZ)
3rd (WSH)

Not nearly enough capital. Especially since we have three 2nds in 2024 and 2025. We even have three 3rds and two 4ths in 2024

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The great thing about drafting Geekie is it helps balance out having Cooley and potentially one of the smaller guys from next year's top 10. I had fever dreams of drafting Bedard or Benson along with Cooley and Keller and having the team get pushed around too much. I know it's a silly concern but now it's not even something I have to consider.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
As much as I'd like to get Bedard, I'd rather have Fantilli, Dvorsky or Carlsson who all will have big years next year and all are big C's. Fantilli is obviously my favorite and since we're the Coyotes there is no way we win the lottery so we will have the opportunity to get Fantilli.

rt

May 13, 2004
As much as I'd like to get Bedard, I'd rather have Fantilli, Dvorsky or Carlsson who all will have big years next year and all are big C's. Fantilli is obviously my favorite and since we're the Coyotes there is no way we win the lottery so we will have the opportunity to get Fantilli.
You left out my boy Yager!!! I love Brayden Yager. He’s the kid who actually plays like Shane Wright was supposed to play. All the things people said about Wright that you ever quite saw, is what I saw in Yager. Huge fan.

rt

May 13, 2004
The great thing about drafting Geekie is it helps balance out having Cooley and potentially one of the smaller guys from next year's top 10. I had fever dreams of drafting Bedard or Benson along with Cooley and Keller and having the team get pushed around too much. I know it's a silly concern but now it's not even something I have to consider.
I agree. I could see some scenario where Benson has an absolutely amazing season, and does it on Geekie’s wing. And despite being a 5’10 170lb LW we want to draft him because he puts up the best statistical season of any WHL draft eligible (apart from Bedard) in years and years.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
You left out my boy Yager!!! I love Brayden Yager. He’s the kid who actually plays like Shane Wright was supposed to play. All the things people said about Wright that you ever quite saw, is what I saw in Yager. Huge fan.

Yes, but Yager is only 6'0'' and 161 lbs, I'd rather get the bigger kids Fantilli 6'3'' 192, Carlsson 6'3'' 185, or Dvorsky 6'1'' 191

...and all 3 play a heavier game than Yager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille