Prospect Info: 2023 Draft Thread (Yotes picking #6 & #12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
what was with the dude asking about rookie contracts? Trying to get us to say we’re too broke to sign everyone?
And also he clearly understands nothing about hockey. He was asking about rules in other sports where earnings are capped on draft position and there are different thresholds. I’m surprised he didn’t ask about franchise tagging. So stupid.

And that woman from the AP left BA totally speechless. “Are you gonna draft a defenseman at 6th or nah?”

• Haha
Reactions: Mosby and RABBIT

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Bill calling it like it is, says it's possible but reality is you usually don't draft superstars in the 6-20 range, they are found in the top 5. <insert my 500th rant about that stupid f***ing winning streak post all-star break here>

Reactions: RABBIT

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Thinking about Montreal. They used 1st overall on a winger (Slafkovsky) last year. They traded premium assets for a W/C option in Dach and they drafted Mesar (a winger) in the 1st, as well.

Now, they've trade a late 1st AND early 2nd for ANOTHER W/C option in Newhook.

They've got one pick left in the 1st. Fifth overall. Are they going to use it on another winger like Michkov or Leonard? Or are they thinking Reinbacher? If so, will they trade back?

Philly is rumored to be willing to include 22nd overall with 7th overall to get Michkov. That 22nd overall pick is more-or-less equivalent to the value they gave up for Newhook. Montreal could get Reinbacher at 7th and basically add Newhook for the trouble.

Meanwhile it leaves BA with his choice of Leonard or Dvorsky at 6th.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Interesting that's what you guys got out of his comments, he was being illusive for sure but not confident it means no way they're drafting him. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Jakey53

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Gotta go with @Sinurgy on this one. I think he was being purposely coy when asked about Michkov. I’m not saying that they are going to draft him, but I didn’t take that as them saying that they weren’t going to.

Even followed up with a smirk, and said “that’s top-secret information to, not sure I can answer that.”

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
They’re not drafting him. He’s one giant red flag.
Yes I know you think that but you guys were making it seem like he literally said it as opposed reading the tea leaves. I didn't get the same impression I guess.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Man. I think I’m doomed to miss this entirely.

I couldn’t make any flight work other than a 4:50
departure. Okay I’ll get Sling Orange with the Sports pack and DVR. With my re-signing promo I’m paying $26 to watch the draft. Extreme but fine. I’ll record and watch on the plan when I get wifi (for an other $6 lol)

Unfortunately since they double charged me back in January, my credit card requested a repayment. And my account is locked. 72 hours for billing to manually
Process my request. Haha.

So, unless there’s another way to get one day of ESPN and then one day of NHLN and to have them DVR’d, I literally have no way to watch this.

I was gonna pay $32 for this. Haha.
If you have wifi on the plane you can watch on a stream?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Who? Michkov or Leonard?
Michkov...i doubt they'd describe Leonard as franchise altering. Many seem convinced Michkov is 1B to Bedards 1A, a clear tier above everyone else. While highly spoken of I have not heard the same about Leonard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I think michkov is going 4th or 5th. I think it will be Dvorsky, Leonard or Smith.. for us at 6th. Smith could go top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille