Prospect Info: 2023 Draft Thread (Yotes picking #6 & #12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
If at 12 you have Wood and Benson on the board still I can’t see BA choosing Benson. We saw last year that size matters and I just don’t see them taking Benson
I think BA if he sees a player that drives the play and and is as much of a pitbull on the back check like Benson is .he will grab him . I honestly ( the more I watch him ) can't see why anyone would pass on him if BPA at that spot .. If there is one person in this draft that passes the "eye" test other than Bedard and Michkov it is Benson .. in fact I have seen way more highlight reel moments from Benson even than the other 2 .. I had to check the you tube vid to make sure it wasn't on1.25 speed

Last edited:
Reactions: zerekstar

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Montreal is loaded at the center position now after acquiring Newhook, unless they use him as Suzuki's or Dach's wing, and are probably taking Reinbacher tomorrow.

Reactions: che

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Even if he doesn't want to play here, we can manage the asset for a couple years and trade him for a haul in a couple years. We have time.

No. Definitely not. There is no reason in the world to draft a guy that early in the first round unless you're 100% sure he's going to play for you. Drafting for the possibility of flipping him is a waste of capital and time, IMO.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
No. Definitely not. There is no reason in the world to draft a guy that early in the first round unless you're 100% sure he's going to play for you. Drafting for the possibility of flipping him is a waste of capital and time, IMO.
agreed...can't draft him w/hopes of trading him...leverage is lost, bad asset management. He is either going to play for you and you draft him or he's not going to play for you and you don't draft him.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, does Newhood trade influence Montreal to take Reinbacher? Would be great if that was the case...or at least it then allows them to trade the 5th to Philly or Washington.

I still think we come out w/Dvorsky & Benson at 12.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Well, does Newhood trade influence Montreal to take Reinbacher? Would be great if that was the case...or at least it then allows them to trade the 5th to Philly or Washington.

I still think we come out w/Dvorsky & Benson at 12.
My guess is they replenish the draft picks they gave up by moving down in the draft.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
There are 4 franchise changing players in this year's draft, Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson and Michkov. I can't see Michkov making it past #4, TBH. IF SJ doesn't want to risk the pick on Michkov, they will trade with Philly or Washington for a boatload of talent. Should Michkov fall to six I will be shocked. We have to take him at 6. He can be our Ovechkin, our Crosby.
First turning point of the draft. Does SJ prefer Smith or the potential mother-load of assets from Philly or Wash for 4oa (assuming SJ doesn't want Michkov).

Seems like they like Smith a lot and if they make the trade Smith will be gone by 5 or 6.

LIE Bill LIE!!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bill for prez
Nobody asked about Durzi and the plan for excess non-premium picks and improving the roster this week? C’mon guys. Why are they there? That lady from the AP was embarrassing.

Basically a full culture change in one fell swoop for Winnipeg.
Iafallo and Vilardi are workers for sure. Wheeler and PLD are primadonnas.

Reactions: More Cooley

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nobody asked about Durzi and the plan for excess non-premium picks and improving the roster this week? C’mon guys. Why are they there? That lady from the AP was embarrassing.

Iafallo and Vilardi are workers for sure. Wheeler and PLD are primadonnas.
Typical Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad