Prospect Info: 2023 Draft Thread (Yotes picking #6 & #12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017

Imagine if we trade down from 6th to 8th and grab Dvorsky and Benson with our picks.

According to rumours Flyers are ready to pay big price to trade up from 7th to 5th. What would be price be for 8th to 6th. I’d guess there is no difference in price if Michkov is still avaible

Edit: Would be awesome if we could create bidding war for Philly and Caps. Price could end up being very high if both teams are looking for Michkov seriously

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018

CBJ- Thinks Jarmo loves Smith
SJ- Carlsson
MTL- Coin flip between Reinbacher or Leonard
AZ- Dvo seems like the play
PHI- MM
WAS- Leonard
DET- Thinks Willander
STL- Moore
VAN- If Willander gone, Danielson or Benson

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Reinbacher at 6 would be very disappointing. Reinbacher at 12 would be just disappointing (depending if Benson or Oliver Moore are still available). If we're targeting Reinbacher, I'd say move back from 12 a few picks. Also, I would honestly prefer Simashev if we're going D.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Anyone know when they actually start making picks? Coverage seems to start at 4pm pacific (this is so unbelievably stupid, and I hate the nhl so much) but anyone know when Chicago will actually pick Benson? Is it usually like 30 minutes of garbage filler or like 10 minutes of garbage filler?

There’s a path to Benson. And that exciting. We might not get him but there’s a solid chance.
It's in Nashville who is on CST, two hours ahead of AZ, and of course EST is one hour ahead. You have to try and please all fans not just us.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Reinbacher at 6 would be very disappointing. Reinbacher at 12 would be just disappointing (depending if Benson or Oliver Moore are still available). If we're targeting Reinbacher, I'd say move back from 12 a few picks. Also, I would honestly prefer Simashev if we're going D.
You don't have to worry about Reinbacher at 12. He'll be picked well before that.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I agree about Reinbacher at 6….I don’t have as much of an issue with him at 12.. but again I feel picking a D you are going by need.

Reinbacher likely gone by 12, RD is at premium value

100% on Simashev …

interesting take …on Smith and Dvorsky

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Imagine if we trade down from 6th to 8th and grab Dvorsky and Benson with our picks.

According to rumours Flyers are ready to pay big price to trade up from 7th to 5th. What would be price be for 8th to 6th. I’d guess there is no difference in price if Michkov is still avaible

Edit: Would be awesome if we could create bidding war for Philly and Caps. Price could end up being very high if both teams are looking for Michkov seriously
If Michkov is there at six, I grab him. We need quality not quantity.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Craig’s had sources reach out to tell him exactly who the Coyotes want at 6th. Which is exciting. Except he’s heard five different names! Lol.

Dvorsky, Leonard, Reinbacher and …. Wood(!)

• Wow
Reactions: MayDayMayDay

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Craig’s had sources reach out to tell him exactly who the Coyotes want at 6th. Which is exciting. Except he’s heard five different names! Lol.

Wood at 6 seems like a reach, but I'd be hella excited about getting the player. He and Leonard both sound to me like surefire NHLers.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Seems odd to me that 5 different sources would reach out to a reporter without a Watergate level injustice. Usually it's the reporter reaching out to his contacts.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Seems odd to me that 5 different sources would reach out to a reporter without a Watergate level injustice. Usually it's the reporter reaching out to his contacts.
It actually makes sense that Craig got so much information handed to him. This is silly season. Front offices are dependent on reporters leaking information to keep others guessing.

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

IMO, this is misleading. It should have been said picks @ 6 & 12!
They could be deciding their picks of either Leonard or Dvorsky @ 6 and the other 4 @ 12! That would make sense.

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018

Coyotes Director of Amateur Scouting Darryl Plandowski said the plan for the team hasn't changed from previous NHL Drafts: the scouting staff almost always looks at the best available player, as opposed to filling any sort of positional need - especially in the earlier rounds.
"What Bill is really pushing is that we need to make sure the guys have character, make sure they're tough, make sure that they will toe the line as a teammate, and make sure they'll do the extras as far as individuals go," Plandowski said. "Winning is hard. You just saw the Stanley Cup Final, and guys are playing with broken bones. Those are the guys that we want.
"We can be aggressive in the draft," Armstrong said. "To be able to squeeze 22 picks out of there in the last two years is something that's hard to do, and we've been able to do it. We'll continue to try and move up in the draft at any time.

"When we see a player with maximum value coming our way, if we can get up there and get them, we're certainly going to try."

Last edited:
Reactions: YotesFan47

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
D073B829-F9F9-44C4-A310-EFF12C344567.jpeg
3DF15B5D-7C81-4E4B-9B3C-0D29D911D187.jpeg
E2BF06CA-F79A-4B75-B9D9-49C4029A5350.jpeg

———

IMO, this is misleading. It should have been said picks @ 6 & 12!
They could be deciding their picks of either Leonard or Dvorsky @ 6 and the other 4 @ 12! That would make sense.
No. Only one of those players has even a 1% of being there at 12th.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes