Prospect Info: 2023 Draft #6: D Dimitri Simashev

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
If Simashev’s offensive game stagnates, I believe he still owns a very respectable floor as a high-end, top-four shutdown defenseman at the NHL level. If Simashev’s offensive game continues to blossom, he has the potential to become an all-situations top-pair defenseman with his coveted blend of size, mobility, physicality, and flashes of high-end skill.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Always a bummer to stay up late to watch the Draft only to have your team pick two players that isn't even on your radar.

Seems to me it's more exciting. If they picked who you rated 6 & 12, might as well not miss the sleep.

British yote

May 16, 2014
England
From the highlights, he played a lot on the right side. Dahlin also plays the right side as a LHD. I don’t think he has showed the offence that Dahlin showed but if he starts to put up points next year he will be looked at as a top pairing prospect. If not he could be a. Slavin style dmen, who is also a top pair.

Next year we are drafting artyom levshunov. Belarusian RHD with loads of offensive potential

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Sharks fan coming in peace. I know some are trying to drag you guys for taking this kid but hold the phones. This is kid, if he hits his ceiling, will more than justify being picked 6th OA. You guys have a great young and skilled core of offensive talent, why not invest in the back end? Keep stacking brick on top of brick and build your org into a powerhouse is what I say. Cheer up y’all. It was unexpected, not unwarranted. Cheers

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
From the highlights, he played a lot on the right side. Dahlin also plays the right side as a LHD. I don’t think he has showed the offence that Dahlin showed but if he starts to put up points next year he will be looked at as a top pairing prospect. If not he could be a. Slavin style dmen, who is also a top pair.

Next year we are drafting artyom levshunov. Belarusian RHD with loads of offensive potential
Levshunov is certainly my pick of choice today.

Reactions: British yote

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
What I would like to see him do is simplify his game just a little bit on the offensive end. Meaning take chances but without trying to skate by the entire team.

If he can do that, I can see him becoming a Konstantinov type of D actually: very physical and great defensively, but also good enough on offense to play some PP and produce offense at key moments and play big minutes.

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
Look if you can't draft McDavid or Bedard, drafting the D with the mobility and reach to stop them makes a ton of sense. I remember last year in the playoffs, McDavid coming down the boards full gallop, 1:1. I was so sure a highlight goal was about to happen, feeling for the lonesome Colorado player about to be embarrassed. To my surprise, Makar was able to skate well enough to stay with him and then at the critical moment calmly swat away the puck. It was such a wow moment for me. That's how you beat a team that has an unstoppable player. Simashev with his skating and elite defense, and at least competent offense really fills a hole on this team that you really do only get in the draft. If he keeps developing his offense, he will be a special player in the league indeed.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Cam Robinson is actually good for anyone wondering. And his list had the tightest variance among all the major compiled lists for round one. He basically won the online scout competition. Haha.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’ve heard Pietrangelo, Parayko, Sanderson, Seider, and Setgechev thrown around as comps.

10 years ago, a big, tall, smart, smooth, fast defenseman with tremendous athleticism and compete, with a defensive focus to his game went 7th overall. I feel like Darnell Nurse might be a good comp for our guy here.

I’ve heard Pietrangelo, Parayko, Sanderson, Seider, and Setgechev thrown around as comps.

10 years ago, a big, tall, smart, smooth, fast defenseman with tremendous athleticism and compete, with a defensive focus to his game went 7th overall. I feel like Darnell Nurse might be a good comp for our guy here.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
He OEL’d. Let’s say Nurse on the way up but doesn’t fall to pieces inexplicably?
I’ve been thinking about this one and it’s really tough to gauge. I was thinking he moves just as well if not better than Heiskanen and Theodore. Yet he’s 3 inches taller right now and the dude looks lanky so who’s to say there isn’t more room to grow upwards. So maybe somewhere in between Bouwmeester and Ekholm? When you think about how big and how well he can skate, we are in big boom territory!

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
His description gives me Jay Bouwmeester vibes.

I’ve been thinking about this one and it’s really tough to gauge. I was thinking he moves just as well if not better than Heiskanen and Theodore. Yet he’s 3 inches taller right now and the dude looks lanky so who’s to say there isn’t more room to grow upwards. So maybe somewhere in between Bouwmeester and Ekholm? When you think about how big and how well he can skate, we are in big boom territory!
Haha. Same thoughts on Bouwmeester

Reactions: YotesFan47

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma