Prospect Info: 2023 Draft #6: D Dimitri Simashev

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
I was shocked too because I got attached to names/players that we didn’t draft. But I’d love to know how many of you questioning this pick have actually watched this player play? I know I haven’t.

Reactions: SpaceCoyote

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You’re all about to see some clips posted soon that will make you say “huh?” when it comes to the speed he can generate through the neutral zone at his size and level of physical aggression.
I just saw a few clips. The kid can skate.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Honestly the guy moves around the ice like Dahlin and is 6’4. Very excited about this pick! I admit I was not able to watch everyone but big mobile D are a must in this league. I’ll trust the scouting staff on this one. I wonder if Reinbacher was the first D on their list though.

Reactions: Grimes

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Honestly the guy moves around the ice like Dahlin and is 6’4. Very excited about this pick! I admit I was not able to watch everyone but big mobile D are a must in this league. I’ll trust the scouting staff on this one. I wonder if Reinbacher was the first D on their list though.
I'm really glad he was off the board so we wouldnt need to find out. I'm not all that impressed with Reinbacher.

Simashev rose quite a bit for me. When I watched his highlights early in the year, he looked clunky. His recent highlights show he's smoothed things out quite a bit, like hes becoming more comfortable in his body. I'm excited to see just how comfortable he can get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad