Reactions: FromChaos22

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Kubalik Stu Tarasenko
Brady Norris Bath
Grieg Pinto Giroux
Imama Kastelic McEwan

Reunite the Brady Norris Bath line. Tkachuk is a defensive disaster next to Stu. Kubalik can shoot, Tarsenko is our best goal scorer, each of them will score goals next to Stu. It sucks to have Giroux on the 3rd line, but he's the best line mate we can give to Pinto to help his development. Grieg brings energy into that line, Pinto and Giroux both have high IQ and we get a decent 3rd line going.

PP1 can reunite Brady, Stu, Giroux on the ice with Norris anywhere on the ice.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Tarasenko played LW for one stint back in 2013 and that’s it.

Meanwhile, Giroux played LW on the top line in Philly with Couturier and Voracek.

Yeah Tara plays his off-side but I really like Tkachuk-Stutzle-G line and their chemistry. At least we know this line would get going from day 1 while Batherson is coming back from a poor season and Norris barely played. We need many points as we can to start the season, I will start them together to at least start the season before making any big changes. Training camp may change things up to, we will see. Great problem to have!

Reactions: bert and Cosmix

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
What about switching Batherson with Grieg in your first top 9?

Batherson and Giroux are both play drivers so I wouldn’t mind separating them and giving each line the benefit of their creativity.

Honestly I am fine with giving our top 6 as much punch as possible.

Giroux - Stützle - Tarasenko
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Kubalik - Pinto - Greig

This line up practically gives you two first lines that can go toe to toe with anyone and a 3rd line that has two 20 goal scorers from a prior season and a promising player in Greig.

4th line should barely see the light of day and be used as an occasional energy line once every other line has cycled two shifts.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Honestly I am fine with giving our top 6 as much punch as possible.

Giroux - Stützle - Tarasenko
Kubalik - Pinto - Greig

This line up practically gives you two first lines that can go toe to toe with anyone and a 3rd line that has two 20 goal scorers from a prior season and a promising player in Greig.

4th line should barely see the light of day and be used as an occasional energy line once every other line has cycled two shifts.
Tbh, I expect us to mix it up all year. Injuries will happen, and guys will get hot and cold, well probably see some double shifting along the way,

I think our top 9 can go toe to toe with most teams in the League

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Or nothing happend because the NHL floated the rumours of suspensions without any criminal action a few weeks ago and NHLPA said "No Thanks, see you in arbitration" and a bunch of player Agents said "Look forward to incoming defamation suits".

If the NHL had a solid plan, they would have executed it by now. They still could go either way but I think they are delaying out of a perceived no win situation.
I think, based on what I have read, the lady went willingly to the first player’s room and expected sex. I don’t think that player will necessarily be charged unless he did something illegal after that. Some of the other players might be charged with something but it is unclear what that will be.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If they end up dumping Joseph:

Giroux - Stutzle - Tarasenko
Greig - Pinto - Kubalik
Smejkal - Kastelic - MacEwen
Kelly

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub
Brannstrom - Hamonic
JBD

Korpisalo
Forsberg

If they end up trading Brannstrom:

Greig - Pinto - Kubalik
Smejkal - Kastelic - Joseph
MacEwen

Sanderson - Zub
Chychrun - JBD
Chabot - Hamonic
UFA/Thomson

Korpisalo
Forsberg

Reactions: Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If they end up dumping Joseph:

Greig - Pinto - Kubalik
Kelly

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub
Brannstrom - Hamonic
JBD

Korpisalo
Forsberg

If they end up trading Brannstrom:

Greig - Pinto - Kubalik
Smejkal - Kastelic - Joseph
MacEwen

Sanderson - Zub
Chychrun - JBD
Chabot - Hamonic
UFA/Thomson

Korpisalo
Forsberg
Its a take but Kleven moving up in a Brannstrom trade with JBD/Hamonic makes more sense.
Chabot 3rd pairing with Hamonic is something

Reactions: DJB and Icelevel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would like to see them move Joseph, Brannstrom, Conditional 1st & MDZ $.750 Dead Cap or Kelly to Philly for Laughton LW. It might cost too much to move Joseph if he is not included in a package & if Philly want a 1st they have to take Joseph & maybe Kelly or MDZ Dead Cap. If they can't trade Joseph & Brann I would place both on waivers & hope at least one gets picked up probably Brann. Next yr trade Joseph along with Forsberg & maybe Zub, if they still can't find someone to take Joseph buy him out. Joseph simply doesn't have enough offence or produce enough pts to warrent a top 9 spot & doesn't play with enough jam to warrent a 4th line spot.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Tarasenko
Laughton - Norris - Giroux
Kubalik - Pinto - Batherson
Smejkal - Kastelic - Sokolov/MacEwen

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD

Korpisalo - Forsberg/Sogaard

Without Laughton:
Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Tarasenko - Norris - Batherson
Kubalik - Pinto - Sokolov
Smejkal - Kastelic - MacEwen/Kelly

• Love
Reactions: Liver King

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Its a take but Kleven moving up in a Brannstrom trade with JBD/Hamonic makes more sense.
Chabot 3rd pairing with Hamonic is something

I'd rather Kleven start the year in Belleville unless he blows the doors off in training camp.

I know everyone is penciling in Chychrun at RD for next season, but I didn't like how he looked playing his off-side last year prior to getting injured.

I'm sure the intention is to try him at RD next season, but I suspect we'll be best off playing our left-handed D on the left side. Tampa won a cup doing that with Hedman, McDonagh and Sergachev and despite being on 3 separate pairings those players had the most ice time.

If we could shelter Chabot at even strength more on the 3rd pairing beside Hamonic/JBD, not a bad thing IMO. He struggled tremendously defensively last season and cutting down his even strength minutes to a more reasonable number makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: NB613

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'd rather Kleven start the year in Belleville unless he blows the doors off in training camp.

I know everyone is penciling in Chychrun at RD for next season, but I didn't like how he looked playing his off-side last year prior to getting injured.

I'm sure the intention is to try him at RD next season, but I suspect we'll be best off playing our left-handed D on the left side. Tampa won a cup doing that with Hedman, McDonagh and Sergachev and despite being on 3 separate pairings those players had the most ice time.

If we could shelter Chabot at even strength more on the 3rd pairing beside Hamonic/JBD, not a bad thing IMO. He struggled tremendously defensively last season and cutting down his even strength minutes to a more reasonable number makes a lot of sense.

I agree for Chychrun. I'd like to see him on the left and potentially Sanderson on the right. Out of Chabot, Chychrun and Sanderson I think Sanderson has the best skillset to play RD.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I would like to see them move Joseph, Brannstrom, Conditional 1st & MDZ $.750 Dead Cap or Kelly to Philly for Laughton LW. It might cost too much to move Joseph if he is not included in a package & if Philly want a 1st they have to take Joseph & maybe Kelly or MDZ Dead Cap. If they can't trade Joseph & Brann I would place both on waivers & hope at least one gets picked up probably Brann. Next yr trade Joseph along with Forsberg & maybe Zub, if they still can't find someone to take Joseph buy him out. Joseph simply doesn't have enough offence or produce enough pts to warrent a top 9 spot & doesn't play with enough jam to warrent a 4th line spot.

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD

Without Laughton:
I like that lineup... But could Crouse fit in the lineup instead of Laughton? Or would we be over the cap?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Just the idea that you're using shelter and Chabot in the same sentence is troubling. I fully get the idea and agree with it. Sanderson is going to sign a big contract. Chychrun is going to need a new deal and it's not going to be cheap. We could be looking at 25M+ in AAV for LDs in two years with Chabot's deal backloaded and trade protected.

Lots of chatter on moving Joseph and Brannstrom and even giving up assets to do it. I'd trade from strength and move Chabot and let someone else take the risk that he can sort out his troubles. Get a defensive top 4 Rd in return. Save AAV. Use the saved AAV at the TDL to load up for a run.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Just the idea that you're using shelter and Chabot in the same sentence is troubling. I fully get the idea and agree with it. Sanderson is going to sign a big contract. Chychrun is going to need a new deal and it's not going to be cheap. We could be looking at 25M+ in AAV for LDs in two years with Chabot's deal backloaded and trade protected.

Lots of chatter on moving Joseph and Brannstrom and even giving up assets to do it. I'd trade from strength and move Chabot and let someone else take the risk that he can sort out his troubles. Get a defensive top 4 Rd in return. Save AAV. Use the saved AAV at the TDL to load up for a run.
I will lost respect for the team and stop going to game. Chabot commit long term here with a bad team and now that the team start rising, they trade him. No way !!!

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I will lost respect for the team and stop going to game. Chabot commit long term here with a bad team and now that the team start rising, they trade him. No way !!!
I understand that point of view

But he might end up as our 3rd best LD and at 8 AAV, that doesn't add up

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Tkachuk - Stü - Tarasenko
Giroux - Norris - Batherson
Greig - Pinto - Kubalik
Smejkal - Kastelic - Macewen

Sanderson - Chychrun
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - Hamonic

Korpisalo
Forsberg

Scratches: JBD, Kelly

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I’d rather ride out Joseph and trade Brannstrom for a pick.
I do prefer you 3rd line for slotting. Greig is better as LW and Kubalik does more damage from the R side. If Giroux can handle the LW then this opens up a stronger RW depth progression and adds to the LW progression. Nasty 4th line (love it). Formenton addition would be over the top. Joseph has no spot in the above so lets move along with it.

Reactions: Cosmix

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

you think Vegas would care about doing something like that?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
No and one of the reason I hate Vegas

well they win,

and players like Stone, Pie, Eichel want to play there because they are all about winning and not about feelings.

and its chabots own play that could get him traded. if he played like an 8m player no one would want to move him.

Reactions: Schmautz11

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I do prefer you 3rd line for slotting. Greig is better as LW and Kubalik does more damage from the R side. If Giroux can handle the LW then this opens up a stronger RW depth progression and adds to the LW progression. Nasty 4th line (love it). Formenton addition would be over the top. Joseph has no spot in the above so lets move along with it.
Trading Brannstrom is where I part ways with your suggestion for a trade. Trading Joseph makes sense as he is overpaid.

Is it possible for the team to do something such as acquire an LTIR player that would allow it retain Jospeh and sign Pinto, given its current cap situation?

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
I don't disagree with the concept of a Chabot trade. Dorion will not be making that move though, he's far too pot committed to Chabot.

Ideally there could be some sort of deal around Chabot - Karlsson, to bring in skill on the right side to play along with a Sanderson or Chychrun. But that seems unlikely.

Back to the point of this thread, I see Chychrun as the point presence on PP1. His shot will open up possibilities for the four forwards to wheel and deal. We would see a lot of Tkachuk rebound goals, as well as side wall plays from a Stutzle or a Tarasenko because of the PK committing a man high to negate the Chychrun bomb. No such need for defenders to shadow Chabot, as his shot is a non-factor. And on the PP2, I envision Sanderson as the puck retriever and primary point presence.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If we get Karlsson, a potential boon could be that Sanderson has to settle for a lower contract as he will not be able to supplant EK for the points role.

However, when it comes to Chabot, there is no reason for him to keep Sanderson down. It would hurt the team if Chabot were given those minutes over Sanderson, and perhaps even Chychrun.

Additionally, having a Karlsson-Chychrun power play would be incredible. Karlsson is one of the best players at passing and getting the puck on net, while Chychrun is one of the best shooters and one-timers from the point. With Tkachuk tipping shots and Stutzle dangling, it would be nuts.

Lastly, what knowledge would Chabot pass on to Sanderson, Chychrun, Brannstrom, or Kleven? Nothing.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
A real possibility (I actually think it’s likely. And…it might be just fine. Not ideal obviously)

Tkachuk - Norris - Kubalik
Joseph - Pinto - Sokolov

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Hamonic/Brannstrom

Korpisalo
Forsberg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I like that lineup... But could Crouse fit in the lineup instead of Laughton? Or would we be over the cap?
I would love to add Crouse but I think he would likely cost more to acquire & yes, it would certainly be very close to being over the cap . You know maybe Forsberg being added to a package would be able to fit Crouse in if Sogaard could play back up.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD

Without Laughton:
Pretty sure Branny has some value, may not be alot but better getting a 2nd/3rd rounder than nothing. I don't know much about Laughton but not sure it is a good idea in general to trade Branny and Joseph at low value right now, they can both be useful in the lineup..

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad