Line Combos: 2023-24 too early line combos

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1693842134639.png

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
It's going to be interesting to see how the lines play out. Not sure I like Tarasenko and Tkachuk on the same line for defensive reasons, and I love having Stützle and Tkachuk together, but maybe Giroux-Stützle-Tarasenko would be better and reunite the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson trio?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It's going to be interesting to see how the lines play out. Not sure I like Tarasenko and Tkachuk on the same line for defensive reasons, and I love having Stützle and Tkachuk together, but maybe Giroux-Stützle-Tarasenko would be better and reunite the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson trio?
I think they will try to this to start, but who knows. Maybe they try Batherson - Norris - Tarasenko too.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think they will try to this to start, but who knows. Maybe they try Batherson - Norris - Tarasenko too.

With batherson saying publicly that he's ok moving to the left side this seems the most likely to me.

Tkachuk stutzle giroux was dynamite last year. If they can build a second devastating line to go along with them they're a dangerous team.

Kubalik pinto and whoever onto the third line rounds it out quite nicely.

At least to start... see how it goes. I think training camp will be about playing everyone with everyone and seeing how it all shakes out.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I just read Garrioch's article and in this one he's talking about how it would be in Pinto's best interest to sign a deal so that he can get to camp and get used to his linemates. More specifically he is mentioning Kubalik and Joseph as likely linemates....

I'm a bit confused here... If both Joseph and Kubalik start with the team then who's traded to get the cap space for Pinto?

Even if Brannstrom is traded and Kleven is in the lineup that means we have a little over 1M and I don't think that's enough.

What's the plan for a move to fit Pinto.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I just read Garrioch's article and in this one he's talking about how it would be in Pinto's best interest to sign a deal so that he can get to camp and get used to his linemates. More specifically he is mentioning Kubalik and Joseph as likely linemates....

I'm a bit confused here... If both Joseph and Kubalik start with the team then who's traded to get the cap space for Pinto?

Even if Brannstrom is traded and Kleven is in the lineup that means we have a little over 1M and I don't think that's enough.

What's the plan for a move to fit Pinto.
seems to me they could fit him in on a 1 year deal by moving Brannstrom (895k in space currently, plus 2 mil from Brannstrom, call up Kleven only when on the road or for injury), but if they want to fit him in with term, they'll need to also move one of Kubalik or Joseph.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
seems to me they could fit him in on a 1 year deal by moving Brannstrom (895k in space currently, plus 2 mil from Brannstrom, call up Kleven only when on the road or for injury), but if they want to fit him in with term, they'll need to also move one of Kubalik or Joseph.

I see I was looking at the wrong number...

Then that would make sense. That would give us a ton of depth at forward.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Tkachuk - Stutzle - Tarasenko
Greig - Norris - Giroux
Kubalik Pinto - Batherson
Crookshank- Kastelic -McEwen

Chabot-Chychrun
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Hammer/JBD

Korpisalo
Forsberg

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Can someone please elaborate on what happened with Formenton ???? What on earth happened to him ?

I met the kids mom and family a few years ago , great people with high character

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
The chemistry between Tkachuck, Stutzle, and Giroux is undeniable, so I think you gotta keep them together to start. If Batherson is willing to play the left side, having him on the second line to help feed Norris/Tarasenko I think would be the best option. My assumption for resolving the Pinto issue is us trading Brannstrom, as it gives us great forward depth (looking at the lines below, there's not one forward I don't really like in their spot other than perhaps 4RW being a bit iffy).

The lack of depth for our bottom 5/6 D can hopefully be made up by the top 4 sheltering them a bit. Obviously injuries will happen, but hopefully none are out for too long. Biggest issue is if one of them are out long-term on the backend.

I'm mainly thinking if we can hold on this season with this, we get $5M in dead cap off the books next year, plus an estimated $4M increase in cap space, that gives us a lot of room ($9M) to play with to fill in the last few holes (Tarasenko/Kubalik will also need to be resigned, but worst case another $7.5M comes off to replace and we have $16.5 to fill out a few roster spots).

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Batherson - Norris - Tarasenko
Kubalik - Pinto - Joseph
Greig- Kastelic -McEwen/Sokolov

Chabot-Chychrun
Sanderson-Zub
JBD-Hamonic

Korpisalo
Forsberg

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I've said several times that I'd like to see this tried out.

I keep reading about the chemistry from last year's line, but there are plenty of articles out there about Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson being the line of the future.

I don't really have any concerns about Giroux and Stutzle producing, but I do with respect to Batherson (after last season) and Norris (after his extended absence), so why not go with something that already worked?

Anyway, as long as they give it a go at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad