GDT: 2023-24 season game 71 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @6:00pm 3/25/24

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I'm glad Kopitar's rough stretch turned out to be more one of his classic "january slumber" acts than a permanent thing

He's still def a lot slower and lumbering and his linemates have picked up their games again too but gonna need him to be this dangerous if we're to have any chance

This might be the last great hockey we get out of Anze, enjoy it while you can
We've been saying this for seasons already and he keeps giving us all the finger. I think his game could allow him to play a meaningful role (maybe not 1c) for a while if he wants to.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
We've been saying this for seasons already and he keeps giving us all the finger. I think his game could allow him to play a meaningful role (maybe not 1c) for a while if he wants to.
Maybe he'll be like Jagr, you think he's toast, then puts up another good season until he's like 47

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
That better be last of the 7/11 roster. So pointless to have Moe play a few mins while the guys are weezing being double shifted

Reactions: ru4reals

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
That's 3 straight wins against quality opponents. Tampa was red hot. Minnesota was on an 8 game point streak.

I don't know what to think. Should I get my hopes up or not?

Kings needs need 4 things to happen from here on out:

PLD to play his best hockey.
Everyone Healthy
Englund, Lizotte, Grundstrom to regain their early season form
Talbot at the top of his game.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Dude, the Stars this year, took our lunch money, stole our girl, took her to France and then max'd out our credit cards for fun.
A few games this season vs. 13 the last two seasons. I'll take the bigger sample size.

McDavid and Draisaitl have played a combined 26 games vs. the Kings in the last two playoffs and have 19 goals and 25 assists. Drai has 12 goals in 13 games and McDavid assisted on 8 of them. And a lot of the time they weren't playing together at ES until they felt threatened.

They will do what they've done to the Kings to any team they play (stack those 2 if things aren't looking good), I'd rather take a chance vs. them in later rounds than in round 1.

Reactions: Nasti

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Why don’t u go back your boards and worry about your teams lack of finish and talent. Couldn’t even beat a kings team who were off their game.

1711427444166.png

All hockey fans everywhere should be forever grateful to the 2011 Boston Bruins. If you ever see any of those guys anywhere, make sure to buy them a drink.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
LA is in their head from the last time they got bumped after the President's Trophy. Good team in the regular season, can't close in the playoffs. The thing is the good team can't beat us in the regular season either now. It's like watching a slow moving train wreck that takes a month to collide.

From Rounders...."it will all be over soon".

Reactions: psych3man

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
A few games this season vs. 13 the last two seasons. I'll take the bigger sample size.

McDavid and Draisaitl have played a combined 26 games vs. the Kings in the last two playoffs and have 19 goals and 25 assists. Drai has 12 goals in 13 games and McDavid assisted on 8 of them. And a lot of the time they weren't playing together at ES until they felt threatened.

They will do what they've done to the Kings to any team they play (stack those 2 if things aren't looking good), I'd rather take a chance vs. them in later rounds than in round 1.

Evander Kane has also obliterated the Kings with 10 goals in those 13 playoff games. Evan Bouchard also has had success with 15 points in 13 games.

Kopitar's line was mismatched and dominated in those two playoff series because McLellan has no clue about making adjustments. We'll see if they've learned their lesson, because these two teams are destined to meet for a third consecutive year.

This is like the 90s all over again when the Kings lost to the Oilers in the playoffs in 1990, 1991, and 1992.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Wow I missed the hate? DAMN IT. Well to any lurking nucks fans, enjoy Hughes, he ain’t getting you anywhere. Your team will always be a joke.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Justin Williams blamed Gavrikov for the goal. I think between that and the posts here we got blame for everyone on the ice for the goal against (except Talbot)
Before reading this forum, I also thought it was Gavrikov’s mistake.

He was barely held off and did one little attempt with his stick to stop Lafferty. For the rest he was standing and watching.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
If PLD and RV are playing well, then the Kings can counter with 3 scoring lines. And hopefully an improved PK and Talbot outplaying Skinner.

On the other hand, Edmonton has developed a new problem for us: Bouchard has become a Norris caliber defensemen. Ekholm/Bouchard is the best defensive pair in the NHL.
As a non-Kings fan who is totally rooting for you to defeat Edmonton, just dump it in on Bouchard's side and hit him to death. The guy is soft, one way defenseman. And hopefully Englund Kronwalls McDavid/Draisaitl.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Real nice win. Held up in a physical game. That's the kind of physical game they can compete in: one where the other team is mostly just playing it straight up and not getting dirty.

They need to find a way to slide into the WC and play Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad