GDT: 2023-24 season game 71 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @6:00pm 3/25/24

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
That's a very risky proposition, they will keep their foot on the gas.

Colossal game on Thursday vs Drai-notineye and McCryvid

If they can pull that off, they are hitting higher highs!
I've seen this one before. This is where the Oiler's best player boards and concusses our top pairing defenseman, nobody does anything about it, and the Kings get blown out of the building.

That was 3/30/23. How about that...3/28/24 and here we are again.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I've seen this one before. This is where the Oiler's best player boards and concusses our top pairing defenseman, nobody does anything about it, and the Kings get blown out of the building.

best part, no one dares lay a finger on McDavid after he intentionally injures Anderson, and then McDavid single handedly wins the series. Kings logic. McDavid gives the Kings casus belli to take him out and no one the team is man enough to do it.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
best part, no one dares lay a finger on McDavid after he intentionally injures Anderson, and then McDavid single handedly wins the series. Kings logic. McDavid gives the Kings casus belli to take him out and no one the team is man enough to do it.
Would be nice if they ran McDavid and Skinner every chance they get and Dubois could annoy Draisaitl enough to keep him in crying toddler mode every game. Also Englund should go heavy on Kane.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Would be nice if they ran McDavid and Skinner every chance they get and Dubois could annoy Draisaitl enough to keep him in crying toddler mode every game. Also Englund should go heavy on Kane.
Dubois would completely redeem himself for the entire season among everyone if he killed McDavid or Draisaitl.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Kings weren't on the same page last night, everything was just off....and they still gritted out a win by the skin of their teeth......barely......any longer, no doubt VAN would have tied it up....

They 100% need to get away from this 11.7, don't trust Kaliyev, Turcotte, and Grundstrom injured, call someone up, Thomas etc, but they have to get away from 11,7

Their record with 11/7 says otherwise.

Gives you the option to go with the hot hand.

It was Byfield, and they spread it out a bit as QB has cooled off a bit.

I like the line scramble after the PK and PP to put fresh bodies together for a shift too.

Hiller is so much more nimble than our ex.
It will be interesting to see what they do. Thomas is better suited for the bottom-six role, but Fagemo has more consistent success.

They'd have only one call-up after that. Safe to assume they're saving it for Clarke with the blueline, but they might as well strap a helmet on Bailey and make him play forward if they're going to play Moverare 4 minutes.

Not really, they are winning, Mo is getting used to the team and a bit of experience.

Dmen get hurt and he is next up.

Play changes to the heavier side now and even more in the playoffs.

I don't even want to see Clarke or Fagemo until next season.

Kaliyev is an overall stronger player than Fageomo.

It's just not realistic to think Vancouver is going to fall out of 1st in the Pacific. They have a 10pt lead and they've actually been playing good hockey lately. It's a pretty good win by the Kings in light of that. The only hope of not playing the Oilers is if they fall to the WC.

Who would tell a team to pump the brakes going into the playoffs?

Besides posters here in fantasyland?
One of them has to be earmarked for Clarke....100%....so Fagemo or Thomas....man.....talk about a tough decision, any idea if Thomas is ready? I know he's been plagued with injuries as well

The one is for whatever develops injury wise.

Ya I mentioned a couple of other times, Kings must be anticipating it.

Heads up at all times.

Watching their sixes

Teamates screaming warnings.

Blake sending last years McCryvids illegal boarding hit on Mikey A, video to DPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingsholygrail

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I hope for the best and a physical, dominating kings win.
Also a heaping side order of delivered humility to mr. evander kane

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Vancouver , Demko back in time for the PO's - yuck
Edmonton proven to beat LA in the PO's 2 years running, and better this year - yuck
Las Vegas PO Cap team is what 130 million? - yuck
Colorado playing hot at the right time and Hart nominee big Mac - yuck
Dallas oh god please NO - yuck
Winnipeg has Hellebuyck the best goalie in the west - yuck
Nashville - not possible but they are playing the best of all the teams in the west - yuck
LA the one team all the other teams WANT to play them in the 1st round , that's something you never want to hear.
And this is the positive outlook.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Edmonton proven to beat LA in the PO's 2 years running, and better this year - yuck
Nashville - not possible but they are playing the best of all the teams in the west - yuck
LA the one team all the other teams WANT to play them in the 1st round , that's something you never want to hear.
Indeed

We are f***ed. It's gonna be another first round exit

Reactions: KINGS17

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
it's so lame blaming that shit after they lose, like they're owed some sort of tactical advantage because "exciting"

everyone cried about boeheim's zone for decades until they finally caught on and realized they can send out a few chuckers and it's not so effective any more
The funniest part is their coach has them playing low event hockey. Lot of projection going on

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
More low quality posting from this guy.

You literally make up random news. Fans of the other western teams have zero interest in playing us (sans Dallas)

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Oh man, these whiners. Can’t wait for them to get curb stomped in the playoffs.

“I mean, that's their system,” Canuck defenceman Nikita Zadorov said. “They don't really make plays; they just rim the puck and sit back all game. I mean, it's their goal to don't play hockey and don't let the other team play hockey, pretty much. Yeah, it's hard to come back, especially when you're down two goals. They had one extra bounce than we did today, so that was the difference out there.”

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I don't really disagree with what Ivan Drago said, the Kings do play one of the most boring styles in the league, but that is how they have to play if they are going to win games, it's like the Lemaire system with the Wild. But the object of the game is to score more goals than your opponent, it doesn't matter if it's 6-5 or 2-1. The Kings just don't have the offensive firepower to play an up and down pond hockey style with some of these teams, and the coaching staff knows that and puts them in the best position to win.

Reactions: Szechwan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't really disagree with what Ivan Drago said, the Kings do play one of the most boring styles in the league, but that is how they have to play if they are going to win games, it's like the Lemaire system with the Wild. But the object of the game is to score more goals than your opponent, it doesn't matter if it's 6-5 or 2-1. The Kings just don't have the offensive firepower to play an up and down pond hockey style with some of these teams, and the coaching staff knows that and puts them in the best position to win.

In general no, but it comes off as sour grapes this night in particular

They'd been playing it practically exclusively for all of TMs tenure and thru two playoff series in Edmonton

Suddenly they break it out to protect a lead in the third--much to our chagrin, i might add--after playing notably more aggressively thru the first two periods to take a two goal lead (did they forget how our goals were scored)?--and it's an affront to hockey and we're terrible humans for supporting it

No, it's just copium from a franchise that gets smug as f*** and can't believe an inferior team can beat them, it's the 2012 fanbase all over again. It's easier to blame 'boring hockey' and a system rather than getting stuffed into your own end causing turnovers, takes the focus off them and puts it all over here.

Like no one is harder on the Kings and the 1-3-1 than we are but this is kind of a bullshit complaint, where was it when we crammed them into the locker a few weeks ago? it was much more apparent that night.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Kings do play a very predictable game, and some teams have figured it out. Eg, on the penalty kill, always giving up the pressure if the opposing team is on the goal line, ie "go ahead, take that severe angle shot/pass, you don't go it." Enter McDavid, "lol, ok." Kings..."fuk, bet you can't do that again!" McDavid, scores again. Idiots. Can't wait to see more of that bullshit tomorrow night.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Canucks are still whining about our team 2 days later. Now it's the 1-3-1 excuse

Imagine an NFL team who has a defense system that prevents the top scoring team from scoring every drive.

• Haha
Reactions: bouncesonly

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
meh, i always loved cheering for the underdog

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Oh look Spector has now given his two cents: :laugh:

Why are players complaining so much about this? Zadorov isn’t the first, MacKinnon was crying about it before. The 1-3-1 isn’t hard to crack in a series. The Oilers of all teams were able to do it within a couple games in consecutive years. If the Canucks are undisciplined and lazy enough to fail to beat a trap team then they deserve to go out in the 1st round.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00