GDT: 2023-24 season game 71 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @6:00pm 3/25/24

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Real nice win. Held up in a physical game. That's the kind of physical game they can compete in: one where the other team is mostly just playing it straight up and not getting dirty.

They need to find a way to slide into the WC and play Vancouver.
I'd much have them play Vancouver, overall makes for a better series. Last night had a playoff game vibe. Sick of playing the Oil every year, its drab and predictable. Plus McDavid always dismantles us, let them play the Avs instead.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Kings weren't on the same page last night, everything was just off....and they still gritted out a win by the skin of their teeth......barely......any longer, no doubt VAN would have tied it up....

They 100% need to get away from this 11.7, don't trust Kaliyev, Turcotte, and Grundstrom injured, call someone up, Thomas etc, but they have to get away from 11,7

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kings weren't on the same page last night, everything was just off....and they still gritted out a win by the skin of their teeth......barely......any longer, no doubt VAN would have tied it up....

They 100% need to get away from this 11.7, don't trust Kaliyev, Turcotte, and Grundstrom injured, call someone up, Thomas etc, but they have to get away from 11,7
It will be interesting to see what they do. Thomas is better suited for the bottom-six role, but Fagemo has more consistent success.

They'd have only one call-up after that. Safe to assume they're saving it for Clarke with the blueline, but they might as well strap a helmet on Bailey and make him play forward if they're going to play Moverare 4 minutes.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It's just not realistic to think Vancouver is going to fall out of 1st in the Pacific. They have a 10pt lead and they've actually been playing good hockey lately. It's a pretty good win by the Kings in light of that. The only hope of not playing the Oilers is if they fall to the WC.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
When the Kings win we "play a boring trap game."
it's so lame blaming that shit after they lose, like they're owed some sort of tactical advantage because "exciting"

everyone cried about boeheim's zone for decades until they finally caught on and realized they can send out a few chuckers and it's not so effective any more

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Canucks are the biggest pretenders I’ve seen since the year the Panthers were supposed to win the cup because they did good in the regular season. Canucks have very little talent in their forward lines. They’re first round bounce 100%.

Kings played like ass and they still won

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
It's just not realistic to think Vancouver is going to fall out of 1st in the Pacific. They have a 10pt lead and they've actually been playing good hockey lately. It's a pretty good win by the Kings in light of that. The only hope of not playing the Oilers is if they fall to the WC.
Las Vegas isn't going away, and WC 2 is still very possible, but as the saying goes "Never hope for a specific team, you'll always regret it".

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It will be interesting to see what they do. Thomas is better suited for the bottom-six role, but Fagemo has more consistent success.

They'd have only one call-up after that. Safe to assume they're saving it for Clarke with the blueline, but they might as well strap a helmet on Bailey and make him play forward if they're going to play Moverare 4 minutes.
One of them has to be earmarked for Clarke....100%....so Fagemo or Thomas....man.....talk about a tough decision, any idea if Thomas is ready? I know he's been plagued with injuries as well

Reactions: King'sPawn

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
it's so lame blaming that shit after they lose, like they're owed some sort of tactical advantage because "exciting"

everyone cried about boeheim's zone for decades until they finally caught on and realized they can send out a few chuckers and it's not so effective any more

The thing is it's not like they did that all game

It was pretty up and down between high speed and tight checking until the Kings took a 3-1 lead, then of course Todd-itis takes over.

It's just f***in copium and it's funny because we'd prefer them to NOT do it but they way they're still attacking the team and the fans as if we're behind the bench just shows how mentally ready to collapse they are

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Vancouver is one of the best teams in OZ time of possession and they were doing it to the Kings last night until the 3rd and the 1-3-1.

Game was pretty tight checking like the 2-1 OT loss in LA earlier this month. This game was more entertaining though, like most road games v. home games unfortunately.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
One of them has to be earmarked for Clarke....100%....so Fagemo or Thomas....man.....talk about a tough decision, any idea if Thomas is ready? I know he's been plagued with injuries as well
I think they said last night Grundstrom is on the road trip. Maybe he gets back in the lineup.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Las Vegas isn't going away, and WC 2 is still very possible, but as the saying goes "Never hope for a specific team, you'll always regret it".
Exactly. There is no easy path to the Championship and the Kings will likely have to beat the Oilers at some point anyway. Might as well be the first.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
I assume it's because he's the most NHL ready and talented from the group.

And while there are multiple injuries up front, if the Kings expect a deep push in the playoffs, they may want to have more than 7 defensemen.

The call up restriction only applies to the regular season, we can call up as many players as we want come playoffs.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If he does the idea of brining anybody up from Ontario is out the window.

In fact you'd have to send two more players down to Ontario to be cap compliant.
Yea I figured Turcotte and Moverare go down. Are they planning to bring up someone from Ontario?

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Yea I figured Turcotte and Moverare go down. Are they planning to bring up someone from Ontario?

Once Grundstrom returns it is my understanding that they won't have any room under the salary cap for any recalls from Ontario.

Grundstrom will require them to assign Moverare and Turcotte (the only two players currently on the roster that are even allowed to be assigned to Ontario)

After that... I find it very hard to believe that the Kings and Reign would seek to disrupt their own rosters for their own playoff preparation unless there are health concerns on the Kings roster that require an extra player to be moved from ONT to LAK

Better option that Moveare at ths point as a 7th dman....you could theoretically leave him in the AHL....
Without getting into my own opinions... If the organization felt that way I imagine they would have done things differently over the last few weeks.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Real nice win. Held up in a physical game. That's the kind of physical game they can compete in: one where the other team is mostly just playing it straight up and not getting dirty.

They need to find a way to slide into the WC and play Vancouver.

That's a very risky proposition, they will keep their foot on the gas.

Colossal game on Thursday vs Drai-notineye and McCryvid

If they can pull that off, they are hitting higher highs!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00