GDT: 2023-24 season game 71 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @6:00pm 3/25/24

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
agreed, other than the starts, the kings can match with any team the way theyre playing now.
any team that doesn’t have McDavid yeah. Let’s not get carried away. McDavid single handedly has won series by just getting more icetime.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'd rather play the Stars than the Oilers, at least in Round 1.

If Edmonton is threatened they will do what they've done the last 2 years and stack McDavid and LD and play them 20+ minutes.
If we lost to the Stars, nothing would happen to Blake. We're not beating them so can't even entertain that idea.

If anyone can't get the team past Edmonton three times they are gone. If we win then it's great.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If we lost to the Stars, nothing would happen to Blake. We're not beating them so can't even entertain that idea.

If anyone can't get the team past Edmonton three times they are gone. If we win then it's great.

I don't think it matters who the Kings play, if they lose in Round 1 again we will see changes. I think Blake is aware of that judging by his comments in then press conference. If they win a round he's safe, if they don't he's gone.

I think it's as simple as that, a true or do or die in Round 1.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I don't think it matters who the Kings play, if they lose in Round 1 again we will see changes. I think Blake is aware of that judging by his comments in then press conference. If they win a round he's safe, if they don't he's gone.

I think it's as simple as that, a true or do or die in Round 1.

That's a negative, ghost writer.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I'd rather play the Stars than the Oilers, at least in Round 1.

If Edmonton is threatened they will do what they've done the last 2 years and stack McDavid and LD and play them 20+ minutes.
I agree.. havent done well against the Stars so far this season, but EDM always finds a way against LAK in the playoffs.. now that couldve been a Koala thing, but just rather not tempt fate. Oettinger has been shaky too.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I'm sorry to say this but Eric Stephens from The Athletic is an absolutely horrible interviewer.

Every time I hear him try to ask a question he phrases it in the worst way possible in the longest way possible.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Dude, the Stars this year, took our lunch money, stole our girl, took her to France and then max'd out our credit cards for fun.
We didnt have RV in any of the games v Dallas. Also its worth noting Dallas swept VGK last reg season and lost to them in the playoffs.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm glad Kopitar's rough stretch turned out to be more one of his classic "january slumber" acts than a permanent thing

He's still def a lot slower and lumbering and his linemates have picked up their games again too but gonna need him to be this dangerous if we're to have any chance

This might be the last great hockey we get out of Anze, enjoy it while you can

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
We didnt have RV in any of the games v Dallas. Also its worth noting Dallas swept VGK last reg season and lost to them in the playoffs.
That makes me feel a little better but I feel like the kings know the oilers well enough at this point so they have a better chance but I don’t know. Stars full out embarrassed them, it was like their first time playing against them.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I'm glad Kopitar's rough stretch turned out to be more one of his classic "january slumber" acts than a permanent thing

He's still def a lot slower and lumbering and his linemates have picked up their games again too but gonna need him to be this dangerous if we're to have any chance

I'd like to see Hiller reduce his minutes by a bit to get him more fresh for the playoffs (assuming they make it - obligatory knock on wood)

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If PLD and RV are playing well, then the Kings can counter with 3 scoring lines. And hopefully an improved PK and Talbot outplaying Skinner.

On the other hand, Edmonton has developed a new problem for us: Bouchard has become a Norris caliber defensemen. Ekholm/Bouchard is the best defensive pair in the NHL.

Reactions: chris kontos

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca

Noticing this season he’s been going to the net more often, lots of tap in or close shot goals. This also might be because he has 2 linemates that can carry the puck and hold on to it so he doesn’t feel he has to do everything like previous years so he goes to where his hockey iq takes him.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
If PLD and RV are playing well, then the Kings can counter with 3 scoring lines. And hopefully an improved PK and Talbot outplaying Skinner.

On the other hand, Edmonton has developed a new problem for us: Bouchard has become a Norris caliber defensemen. Ekholm/Bouchard is the best defensive pair in the NHL.
Yup. I guess Wednesday’s game will be a preview of what’s to come

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
That makes me feel a little better but I feel like the kings know the oilers well enough at this point so they have a better chance but I don’t know. Stars full out embarrassed them, it was like their first time playing against them.
I know.. And their roster looks better than ours on paper and their goaltending should be better in a series.. but Oetter looks messed up this season.. i have him in fantasy hockey so ive kept close tabs on him.. if he gets back to himself, they become a favorite to come out of the West... but as he's been playing, he's like Skinner.. blows up all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00