GDT: 2023-24 season game 26 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @7:30pm 12/13/23

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Vilardi has as many points tonight as PLD has in over a month. You have to go back to Nov 11th to find PLD's 5th point. Love that Blake gets to see his stupidity face to face.

Kings are 5-8 at home.

Two 2-0 blown leads in 3 games.

TM has to adjust, and can't.

There's no one coming to save this team. They're dead in the water. The slightest bit of adversity and they flop over like ragdolls. And it doesn't even have to be injuries, it could just be a team being stiff in the slot. And they just prove time and time again cannot beat playoff teams without a significant advantage. Playbook is out, and you have a coach who ate his and doesn't know what to do next.

Cruising for another first round exit, and out of cap space, assets, and prospects, as well as hitting the waiver eligibility wall. Tick tock. Can't wait to purge the org of these f***ing choking losers.

This team might be the biggest paper tiger of all TM's past paper tigers.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Vilardi has as many points tonight as PLD has in over a month. You have to go back to Nov 11th to find PLD's 5th point. Love that Blake gets to see his stupidity face to face.

Kings are 5-8 at home.

Two 2-0 blown leads in 3 games.

TM has to adjust, and can't.

There's no one coming to save this team. They're dead in the water. The slightest bit of adversity and they flop over like ragdolls. And it doesn't even have to be injuries, it could just be a team being stiff in the slot. And they just prove time and time again cannot beat playoff teams without a significant advantage. Playbook is out, and you have a coach who ate his and doesn't know what to do next.

Cruising for another first round exit, and out of cap space, assets, and prospects, as well as hitting the waiver eligibility wall. Tick tock. Can't wait to purge the org of these f***ing choking losers.

This team might be the biggest paper tiger of all TM's past paper tigers.
nah, paper tiger would imply we have some super stars...kings have none of those. perhaps handful a good players that are playing to, maybe slightly better than their contracts.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
True, he's also been pampered by total softies like Tortorella.
I'm not sure why you are mocking me because Torts only coached PLD for 3 seasons with CBJ's and PLD was still a teenager and a little bit in his early 20's. Torts in earlier years of coaching ticked off a lot of players with good talent. Torts has never been good overall coaching the high talent players. The exception was with the Bolts winning the Cup. He got the star players to buy-in to that clutch n grab era. One season it worked. Torts is no softy.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This is the modern day Mike Richards deal.

PLD won't last 3-4 years.
Richards was a good player when we got him, he just didn’t last long… I can’t say the same about PLD. We gave up more to get PLD than we did to get Richards. That’s the part that sucks.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Nobody said a word about Vilardi's supposed attitude issues all of last year. In fact multiple people talked up his changed demeanor and positive attitude from previous years which showed on the ice. Similar to all the "Vilardi is greedy and wants too much money" takes when the trade happened, bringing up the locker room issues just seems like copium from fans and media that don't want to face the fact that we traded this guy for someone who has had KNOWN attitude issues in the past, is twice as expensive, and doesn't produce.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Nobody said a word about Vilardi's supposed attitude issues all of last year. In fact multiple people talked up his changed demeanor and positive attitude from previous years which showed on the ice. Similar to all the "Vilardi is greedy and wants too much money" takes when the trade happened, bringing up the locker room issues just seems like copium from fans and media that don't want to face the fact that we traded this guy for someone who has had KNOWN attitude issues in the past, is twice as expensive, and doesn't produce.
Nobody would be talking about it if Vilardi wasn't talking about it himself. Guy sounds like an ex-girlfriend.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm not sure why you are mocking me because Torts only coached PLD for 3 seasons with CBJ's and PLD was still a teenager and a little bit in his early 20's. Torts in earlier years of coaching ticked off a lot of players with good talent. Torts has never been good overall coaching the high talent players. The exception was with the Bolts winning the Cup. He got the star players to buy-in to that clutch n grab era. One season it worked. Torts is no softy.
You said PLD needs a coach to kick him in the ass.

He had one in Tortorella.

This is who PLD is and has been.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005

That's the thing I don't think any of us will ever understand. Regardless if people disagree on what to do with PLD or why he's struggling, all of us agree it was a horrible trade and even worse contract. I don't understand how we, as casual fans not in the business, could see that so clearly, yet the donkey in charge couldn't.

Just a stupid, stupid thing all around

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
That's the thing I don't think any of us will ever understand. Regardless if people disagree on what to do with PLD or why he's struggling, all of us agree it was a horrible trade and even worse contract. I don't understand how we, as casual fans not in the business, could see that so clearly, yet the donkey in charge couldn't.

Just a stupid, stupid thing all around
Everyone makes the dumbest of mistakes at some point. This just happens to be Blake's. Look at the Lakers and that idiotic Westbrook trade.

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
You said PLD needs a coach to kick him in the ass.

He had one in Tortorella.

This is who PLD is and has been.
When Torts coached him, PLD was still a young pup! And I also said Torts does not do well with star players. High talented players need the right coaching to get the best out of them. For this situation right now, TMac is the wrong coach for PLD and for other players on the team. As good as the Kings are in the standings and statistics wise, this is still a 1st round exit team with TMac as the coach. Kings have the wrong Captain at the helm.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If I were Blake, I would be looking hard to find a better coach who can get PLD going along with the rest of the team. Kings are stuck with PLD and it will be too expensive to buy him out(which I think is an over reach idea at this early point right now).
The drop off from Gavrikov to Moverare is huge.
Absolutely!

Reactions: Rorschach

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
When Torts coached him, PLD was still a young pup! And I also said Torts does not do well with star players. High talented players need the right coaching to get the best out of them. For this situation right now, TMac is the wrong coach for PLD and for other players on the team. As good as the Kings are in the standings and statistics wise, this is still a 1st round exit team with TMac as the coach. Kings have the wrong Captain at the helm.
How about we stop making excuses for PLD? He's making $8.5 x 8 years. Gets favorable offensive zone mstch ups. Zero PK. Now he needs better linemates and a certain coach of appropriate temperament before we see improvement out of him?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Like I said earlier Vilardi will Go back to 2 points in 6 or 7 games. He was good tonight but let's see how he does moving forward. Back to our team 3 straight losses, looks like the first slump incoming let's see how this team plays with a bit of adversity.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I’m not making any changes, personnel or coaching-wise regarding PLD until we get him two better players than Grundstrom and Laferierre. Arvidsson will be a good player to try.

Reactions: Faterson

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
We gave up more to get PLD than we did to get Richards. That’s the part that sucks.

lol

Talk about folding at the slightest bit of adversity; this place is ridiculous. Still tied for the 2nd fewest regulation losses in the league, and the season is over because they're 0-2-1 in the last 3? Gave up a couple leads? So that can't ever happen over the course of 82 games? That's how perfect a team has to be to not lose all faculties as fans if they lose? Goddamn.

A team couldn't be better night in and night out than Boston last year, and it didn't matter.

People were even prepared for the Sutter thing. Win when you shouldn't, turns to losing when you should, turns to losing when you shouldn't, turns to winning when you should. But no, it's all over. The team can't be saved. All crap from now until the sun dies.

• Wow
Reactions: Faterson

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Like I said earlier Vilardi will Go back to 2 points in 6 or 7 games. He was good tonight but let's see how he does moving forward. Back to our team 3 straight losses, looks like the first slump incoming let's see how this team plays with a bit of adversity.

With Connor out, their top line is going to be Vilardi, Scheifele and Ehlers. It's hard to imagine he won't put up more than 2 points in 6 games. He got 2 of his assists pretty much by just passing Ehlers the puck.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The drop off from Gavrikov to Moverare is huge.
Well no kidding. I don’t know of a single team that has a top 4 D as their 7th defensemen.

Glad I went to bed after 2 periods, just another Todd special. All of you talking about how great our record is should realize we are just the San Jose Sharks 2.0. Good regular season, abject failure in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad