GDT: 2023-24 season game 26 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @7:30pm 12/13/23

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I guess theres one thing we'll never be privy to - Gabes relationship with the org and his teammates and if it was a net positive getting him out of the lockerroom. No talks for an extension from either camps before the trade and he's been quite the vocal ex-King since he left

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
What an absolute meltdown on this thread. Yikes.

It's one game guys relax.
it's more than just one, it's been 3 games straight of collapses and uncharacteristic play

given this board does overreact but it's starting to be valid

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I guess theres one thing we'll never be privy to - Gabes relationship with the org and his teammates and if it was a net positive getting him out of the lockerroom. No talks for an extension from either camps before the trade and he's been quite the vocal ex-King since he left
You dont shit talk your ex team you may end up there again or playing w guys youre shitting on.. just in general its a lack of class

Reactions: VILARGOD

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
Three actually and arguably they got away with one against the Blue Jackets.
it's more than just one, it's been 3 games straight of collapses and uncharacteristic play

given this board does overreact but it's starting to be valid
You still got one heck of a hockey team. Even top teams go through cold patches throughout an 82 game season. Try to remember that haha.

You dont shit talk your ex team you may end up there again or playing w guys youre shitting on.. just in general its a lack of class
All Vilardi said was Lizotte injuring him was a dumb play. Which it was.

Reactions: YP44 and hn777

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I hope this is the worst of it. Glad they’re back on the road for the next game. I also really hope it won’t be like this while Gavy is out.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Whining about PLD is perfectly valid considering he was the big off-season acquisition and huge haul was given up to bring him in, and then signed to a massive deal which should have made him a huge part of the core going forward, instead he's been the biggest disappointment thus far
PLD can still deliver offensively for this team, but the $8.5 million per year was dumb of Blake. PLD hadn't proven to be a fit yet, but got the big contract anyway.
Vilardi is a nobody as far as I'm concerned. Too injury prone and won't last with the Jets. If you are not durable in the NHL, then you won't last that long.

• Haha
Reactions: Eegs

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
You still got one heck of a hockey team. Even top teams go through cold patches throughout an 82 game season. Try to remember that haha.

The issue is that when the Kings do lose (and obviously you can't win every game), they lose in the way that exposes all of their underlying weaknesses that is the result of decisions made by management.

People who have been watching this team for the last 20 years can clearly see them going into this season, and it has largely been papered over because the Kings can score goals.

For example, if you would have told me that they lost today was because of injuries to key players that they can't address because they have no cap space, I would have believe it on day 1 of the season, because that is exactly what I, and people who agree with me, said would happen. It's not a surprise.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

I agree it was dumb.. but he also said he has a history of it.. not sure thats true. And so thats going too far with the complaining esp an ex teammate. One thing if he doesnt know the guy or didnt spend 4 yrs w him. Seems like sour grapes.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
TMac is the wrong coach to fix PLD. If have a coach who lacks strength in line/player match-ups, then how can anyone expect PLD to be given the right line mates. Best we can hope for are the Kings to get knocked out of the playoffs early again and TMac gets fired.

I agree it was dumb.. but he also said he has a history of it.. not sure thats true. And so thats going too far with the complaining esp an ex teammate. One thing if he doesnt know the guy or didnt spend 4 yrs w him. Seems like sour grapes.
Lizotte actually gets targeted all the time because he's small player. Vilardi just twisting spewing nonsense.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
PLD can still deliver offensively for this team, but the $8.5 million per year was dumb of Blake. PLD hadn't proven to be a fit yet, but got the big contract anyway.

Vilardi is a nobody as far as I'm concerned. Too injury prone and won't last with the Jets. If you are not durable in the NHL, then you won't last that long.
Vilardi will be in the NHL long after PLD is done.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Bro I get what you’re saying but it’s not like we gave up the devil for an angel. PLD is a notorious douche and a quitter. The saying goes, better the devil you know vs the devil you don’t. If Vilardi, who was showing all the signs of popping off and immense skill but had attitude problems, why on earth trade him for PLD?

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Bro I get what you’re saying but it’s not like we gave up the devil for an angel. PLD is a notorious douche and a quitter. The saying goes, better the devil you know vs the devil you don’t. If Vilardi, who was showing all the signs of popping off and immense skill but had attitude problems, why on earth trade him for PLD?
Wait not sure what youre saying...i f-ing hated the trade. I love Vilardi's game

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00