GDT: 2023-24 season game 26 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @7:30pm 12/13/23

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Still plenty of time left in the season. Teams go through ups and downs. I'm not concerned about a three game losing streak, but I will be if it turns into a longer one.

As for Dubois, I hated the trade since day one and still do. I actually don't totally care about any pieces we traded away, including Vilardi, I just didn't think Dubois was the right center coming back (and I still don't). Moving Durzi, Petersen, and Walker were all really good moves from Blake, even if it was cleaning up a mess he himself made. Kupari, who cares. Iafallo, good player and piece but made more than we would have liked. Vilardi's a stud but he's got his own issues.

Would we be a better team without Dubois and with Vilardi and Iafallo? I don't know, and I don't really care. Would we be a better team with a center besides Dubois? That's a question I'm really interested in. I mean f***, Kevin Hayes was traded to the Blues at 50% retained for a 6th round pick. He's outproduced Dubois so far this season!

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Moore - Danault - Kaliyev
Fiala - Hayes - Vilardi
Iafallo - Lizotte - Lewis

Would this lineup be worse than what we've got?

Reactions: head eyes

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Still plenty of time left in the season. Teams go through ups and downs. I'm not concerned about a three game losing streak, but I will be if it turns into a longer one.

As for Dubois, I hated the trade since day one and still do. I actually don't totally care about any pieces we traded away, including Vilardi, I just didn't think Dubois was the right center coming back (and I still don't). Moving Durzi, Petersen, and Walker were all really good moves from Blake, even if it was cleaning up a mess he himself made. Kupari, who cares. Iafallo, good player and piece but made more than we would have liked. Vilardi's a stud but he's got his own issues.

Would we be a better team without Dubois and with Vilardi and Iafallo? I don't know, and I don't really care. Would we be a better team with a center besides Dubois? That's a question I'm really interested in. I mean f***, Kevin Hayes was traded to the Blues at 50% retained for a 6th round pick. He's outproduced Dubois so far this season!

Fiala - Hayes - Vilardi

I think everyone but Rob Blake would agree that lineup is at minimum, equal too, if not better than what we currently have.

Reactions: KINGS17

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015

Fiala - Hayes - Vilardi

Yeah... Dubois is just the wrong guy to have made that trade for an to occupy 10% of the cap. Trading Vilardi for a center, fine. But it has to be someone you can rely on night in and night out.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yeah... Dubois is just the wrong guy to have made that trade for an to occupy 10% of the cap. Trading Vilardi for a center, fine. But it has to be someone you can rely on night in and night out.

No one is looking to trade away a center like that, though.

That’s the whole reason we got PLD. He f***ing sucks lol. The Jets are arguably better this year without him.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
So with three straight losses, are we allowed to criticize and point out weaknesses on the team now? Or is that still not allowed due to being in a projected playoff spot? I'm asking for a friend.
I say all the Kings have to do is make the playoffs, and anything can happen.

...including losing in the 1st round again.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
6-9 vs. playoff teams
10-1 vs non playoff teams

let that sink in

And our record vs the western Conference playoff teams, you know the ones that matter? I don't care if they lost to a bunch of very good eastern conference teams.

1-0-1 vs Vegas
1-1 vs Col
1-0 Min

Overall 9-2-1 vs the west. Thats pretty good. The sky isn't falling RJ. :laugh:

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Imaging combing the thread for 'gotcha' fuel and this is the best you can come up with

embarassing

Jets fans have some great hecklers and hockey fans in their crowd and you are the weakest link, goodbye
Let them have their fun. This was the biggest win they’ve ever experienced. Both as hockey fans and as citizens of Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00