Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Rumored source from another poster that I was replying to. So while not direct confirmation, the rumor that was being discussed on Sportsnet is that Hanafin's desire is to end up on the Bruins and sign here long term, which might be making some contenders balk at trading for him if they know he'll just bolt for Boston in the offseason. This could be another Taylor Hall situation where essentially picked his trade destination.
Thank you--outstanding if it happens.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I'm completely fine with moving Lohrei for a top 6 forward (non rental) or a proven d-man.

Reminds me of the Chychrun talk last year, everyone was groaning about "young talent" when there's only a 2 year age difference...

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
JDB, gryz and yes possibly Lysell. If they are smart, Ullmark. Three of the four should go. An Ullmark, JDB packge should get you someone good. Unfortunately they seem set on keeping Ullmark, which means Grz and maybe JDB get sold for parts, for no better than half their value.
B7202FF0-933A-43FA-BDBD-D5D00BC8853B.gif

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Been lurking but not posting this season (work and school), but to me going after Hanifin doesn't make sense. Great player, but we have Lohrei for the second pair with Carlo. Hanifin won't play on the third line. Getting Forbort and Grizz, if that's what Sweeney does, off the cap makes it easier for the Bs to bring in multiple forward talents, hopefully a center, next year. That's where I'd like to see the focus. And signing Swayman.

Maybe you all think Hanifin is better than what Lohrei will be? I understand the move then.
Post more often
Next year's draft is going to be fun for Bruin fans.
it will be tons of fun hearing teams say,”congratulations to the Stan Cup champion Boston Bruins.”

Just because I'm asking for as much shade as possible. Any thoughts on trying to buy low (would still cost a decent amount) on Xhekaj?
Disclaimer: I'd say there is a 1% chance of this being able to be done. Can't remember the last Bruins Habs trade but I love this kid and would love to see him as a 6th.
Bring your pitchforks!
Ha this is fantastic. I was going to ask if anyone would give up a protected 2025 1st. Steep but great contract and exactly what we need.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Post more often

it will be tons of fun hearing teams say,”congratulations to the Stan Cup champion Boston Bruins.”

Ha this is fantastic. I was going to ask if anyone would give up a protected 2025 1st. Steep but great contract and exactly what we need.
I like Xhekaj. He has a fun story, he's huge, tough as shit, and his defense has steadily improved from last year to the start of this year. But if you want to give up a first for him then you're insane, on a competitive team he's not even an everyday third pair guy yet.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
A protected first for Xhekaj? I must be misreading.
Nope. I watch a lot of the Habs. He keeps getting better. Tough can skate and is surprisingly (sorry iPad malfunction)
A protected first for Xhekaj? I must be misreading.
6’4 238 lbs. skates well tough as nails and surprisingly a good puck mover. 22yo. I watch most of the Hab games. He’s getting better and is exactly what this team needs.

Reactions: Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I like Xhekaj. He has a fun story, he's huge, tough as shit, and his defense has steadily improved from last year to the start of this year. But if you want to give up a first for him then you're insane, on a competitive team he's not even an everyday third pair guy yet.
Sorry do you watch him play? The first is what it would cost. Ask a Habs fan. You do know he’s a late bloomer and only 22?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Sorry do you watch him play? The first is what it would cost. Ask a Habs fan. You do know he’s a late bloomer and only 22?
There’s a whole thread on the main board about him and his value. Other than a couple Habs fans, virtually no one thinks he’s worth a first. A third is pretty much the consensus.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Depends on how friendly
If the cost centres around any two of Debrusk, Lysell and Grizz you call Amazon. Get them to send a large shoebox and jam them in it. Three day ship that thing to Calgary.

Pony up for a first class ticket for Hanifin and have his next contract warm on the landing pad.

They can ignore their defence for the next half decade from there.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I wouldn’t give up a first either.

But if I was a Habs fan, I wouldn’t settle for anything less.
That may be true. But they have a ton of young defenders who are going to need to play. And while he obviously can fight, he really hasn’t shown anything to say he’s going to be anything other than a bottom pair defender at best.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I see the mods are at it again.....Good for them. Just remember, Grz and JDB are ufas that will not return. Ullmark is replaceable by Bussi imo and several teams really need goaltending...Ullmark is your headliner and you attach one or both of the others to say Edm or Cgy who need goalers and have interesting players. Cgy is not a perfect fit like EDM, but Markstrom is out a few weeks, Wolf is unproven, and they do not like Vlader anymore. NJ and a couple other teams could use serious goalie upgrades. Do it while you can.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I see the mods are at it again.....Good for them. Just remember, Grz and JDB are ufas that will not return. Ullmark is replaceable by Bussi imo and several teams really need goaltending...Ullmark is your headliner and you attach one or both of the others to say Edm or Cgy who need goalers and have interesting players. Cgy is not a perfect fit like EDM, but Markstrom is out a few weeks, Wolf is unproven, and they do not like Vlader anymore. NJ and a couple other teams could use serious goalie upgrades. Do it while you can.

Ullmark has a 16 team NTC and his agent is smart enough to provide a list that essentially makes it a full NTC.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
JDB, gryz and yes possibly Lysell. If they are smart, Ullmark. Three of the four should go. An Ullmark, JDB packge should get you someone good. Unfortunately they seem set on keeping Ullmark, which means Grz and maybe JDB get sold for parts, for no better than half their value.
If I expected them to lose as consistently as you do, I would also want them to trade core roster players to ignite the rebuild. However when your in first place I find the best value is generally to invest in what you have. So I may move DeBrusk or even possibly Ulmark in a pure hockey deal to improve the team but I doubt those deals are even available.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
If I expected them to lose as consistently as you do, I would also want them to trade core roster players to ignite the rebuild. However when your in first place I find the best value is generally to invest in what you have. So I may move DeBrusk or even possibly Ulmark in a pure hockey deal to improve the team but I doubt those deals are even available.
They need centers, a scoring wing and toughness. You have to give to get, and you have two UFAS who are not returning. You do the math.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
They need centers, a scoring wing and toughness. You have to give to get, and you have two UFAS who are not returning. You do the math.
If a number 1 center was available I’d consider the move. I might even consider it for a 1 line wing.

If we deal with Calgary for Lindholm I would expect DeBrusk to be in the deal.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Risky though. He goes to Florida for a few months, they go on a run, he chills at the beach, he does the math of Florida being able to offer an 8th year…

Perhaps. But I don't see it.

If NH is going anywhere, and if the hockey gods conspire, he's coming home.

OT: Still looking for thump/intimidation in season, but they won't get much unless they do their homework. Which, it must be said, Harvard Don generally does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad