Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Just going based off of the rumour that is being discussed as a rumour. If the rumour mention is Hanifin coming to Boston I'm not so sure they will be able to pay:
McAvoy 9.5
Lindholm 6.5
Hanifin 6 (guessing)
Carlo 4.1
Gryz 4 (if retained)
Lohrei (900)
29 million is a bit steep if you resign swayman, Debrusk, Gryz and add a top line player.

Sleeping on Lohrei is silly in my opinion. Legit future top 4 and ceiling of Lindholm. In my opinion.
Lohrei will be 23 in a month, by the time Lindholm had hit 23 he had played 200+ games in the NHL and finished top 20 in norris voting. I'm very high on Lohrei, but they're different calibers of player.

Thomas 11

Apr 15, 2018
Alberta Beach, Alberta
That's how I feel about it. If they are set on moving on from Gryz this summer, it makes sense to move in, but not give up one of our best prospects for someone you can get for nothing in the summer. I suppose if Hanifin's agent pushes a deal and tells the Bruins trade for my guy or we take a trade to team X, you do it.
I disagree, agent’s do not dictate what a competent GM should do. If it’s the right move at the right time for the organization, then you do it.

Reactions: Gordoff

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Gryz should not be getting 4 mil, Loheri should be packaged to getting a forward. Debrusk should addressed as soon as possible and if he is affordable signed, if not move on from him.
Gryz will get 4 on the open market and doubt he'd take less to stay. Lohrei goes nowhere as you build from the back out. I agree on Debrusk

Lohrei will be 23 in a month, by the time Lindholm had hit 23 he had played 200+ games in the NHL and finished top 20 in norris voting. I'm very high on Lohrei, but they're different calibers of player.
At the moment yes but I'm sure Lindholm has played D for the last 15-20 years, Lohrei 8-10?
Not ready to write him off especially with him being on of the most intriguing dmen they've had in a while. They have also waited for him to develop which means they won't throw him away and on top of that why trade him to get a forward when they have a bunch of cash in the summer to sign a FA?

Last edited:

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
At the moment yes but I'm sure Lindholm has played D for the last 15-20 years, Lohrei 8-10?
Not ready to write him off.
I'm not writing him off, I'm being realistic. Lohrei's ceiling is a good top 4 defenseman, and I believe he'll realize that ceiling. Lindholm is a legit top pair defenseman though, trading him would be foolish.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I disagree, agent’s do not dictate what a competent GM should do. If it’s the right move at the right time for the organization, then you do it.

Not really saying they do here, simply this: if it's clear Hanifin is going only to the Bruins and there is reciprocal interest, it makes more sense to wait till summer unless they think Hanifin could get them a cup or a deep run this spring. How is that an agent dictating what a competent GM will do?

Reactions: RoccoF14

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Gryz will get 4 on the open market and doubt he'd take less to stay. Lohrei goes nowhere as you build from the back out. I agree on Debrusk

Not ready to write him off especially with him being on of the most intriguing dmen they've had in a while. They have also waited for him to develop which means they won't throw him away and on top of that why trade him to get a forward when they have a bunch of cash in the summer to sign a FA?
Gryz gets 4 mil , I wish him the best, But the Bruins should be a team that pays that . I think you misunderstood what I was saying about Loheri, I was not saying the Bruins should trade him, but if you a top four of McAvoy, Carlo, Hanifan, and Lindholm, all being under and under contract assuming, Hanifan is signed, you need to take advantage of what Loheri would bring back in a package to help fill a need, like the forward position. I know Loheri is the new shinny toy, but he still has some growing to do, now your argument should be that he helps the cap and he does, but unfortunately he is not ready,I think he is going to be a solid player but there is no sure bets.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Just because I'm asking for as much shade as possible. Any thoughts on trying to buy low (would still cost a decent amount) on Xhekaj?
Disclaimer: I'd say there is a 1% chance of this being able to be done. Can't remember the last Bruins Habs trade but I love this kid and would love to see him as a 6th.
Bring your pitchforks!
Seeler brings a lot of the same for less, both in terms of what it would take to acquire and contract. Seeler is also a good PK. I would still take Xhekaj, don't get me wrong, but would be cost dependent.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Just because I'm asking for as much shade as possible. Any thoughts on trying to buy low (would still cost a decent amount) on Xhekaj?
Disclaimer: I'd say there is a 1% chance of this being able to be done. Can't remember the last Bruins Habs trade but I love this kid and would love to see him as a 6th.
Bring your pitchforks!

MTL will not trade. Certainly not to Boston.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Gryz gets 4 mil , I wish him the best, But the Bruins should be a team that pays that . I think you misunderstood what I was saying about Loheri, I was not saying the Bruins should trade him, but if you a top four of McAvoy, Carlo, Hanifan, and Lindholm, all being under and under contract assuming, Hanifan is signed, you need to take advantage of what Loheri would bring back in a package to help fill a need, like the forward position. I know Loheri is the new shinny toy, but he still has some growing to do, now your argument should be that he helps the cap and he does, but unfortunately he is not ready,I think he is going to be a solid player but there is no sure bets.

If the Bruins acquire Hanifin, that is the end of Gryz. No way you can lock them both up long term. And really Gryz makes no sense on a 3rd pairing behind those 2. Gryz may make it to the end of the year, but no on resigning him

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Is Hanifin’s Interest in Bruins Making Trades Difficult?​

Trade discussions involving Calgary Flames defenseman Noah Hanifin have extended to multiple teams, with the Arizona Coyotes emerging as the latest contender alongside the New York Islanders and Boston Bruins. However, an intriguing twist has surfaced. Speculation is that Hanifin holds a preference for the Bruins, leaving other teams unsure about making a trade if he’s inevitably going to wind up in Boston.

Latest News & Highlight

1:34
arrow_back_ios_new
arrow_forward_ios

Insider Renaud Lavoie of TVA noted during a recent appearance on Sportsnet radio that the Flames may be encountering challenges in any trade as the obstacle appears to stem from the defenseman’s strong desire to join the Bruins and ultimately sign long-term there. If true, he’s merely a rental and the value for him in a trade changes.

The Bruins are said to have an interest in Hanifin, dating all the way back to 2015. They may be willing to trade for him, but they likely would only give up so much if he could simply sign there during the summer. The question becomes what the value of having him for this season’s playoff run is worth.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Which rule changes specifically?

Campbell was recently named Assistant GM in Florida I assume he’s fine even after years of using his face as a punching bag. Broken leg shift is ballsy. I’d imagine Frederic DeBrusk Geekie would stop drop n roll in that instance. I’d like to see an infusion of balls into the offseason. I can’t take another playoff series of Matt Tkachuk & Sam Bennett smacking them around again.
I started bringing my grandmother rosary beads to games incase Campbell fought

It was like being 16 again at the drive in watching Carrie prom scene

Hanifin knows Tkachuk & Bennett should be able to give Marchy and Freddie chirping info

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I started bringing my grandmother rosary beads to games incase Campbell fought

It was like being 16 again at the drive in watching Carrie prom scene

Hanifin knows Tkachuk & Bennett should be able to give Marchy and Freddie chirping info
I loved Greg Campbell and would kill to have a clone of him on this Bruins team. He might have been with Milbury and Steve Leach as one of the worst fighters in Bruins history but he played with more balls than this whole team combined.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
I can show plenty of bad shifts from the Heinens and Grizzes of the world. Concern to me from that clip is he has lost more than a step from the looks of it. Go get Duhaime or Middleton from Minnesota instead if they start selling, I can't see Guerin moving Middleton however.
The commitment to the bit is impressive

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can show plenty of bad shifts from the Heinens and Grizzes of the world. Concern to me from that clip is he has lost more than a step from the looks of it. Go get Duhaime or Middleton from Minnesota instead if they start selling, I can't see Guerin moving Middleton however.
Heinen a stud

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I loved Greg Campbell and would kill to have a clone of him on this Bruins team. He might have been with Milbury and Steve Leach as one of the worst fighters in Bruins history but he played with more balls than this whole team combined.
I’ll watch the Red Wedding if I want to watch a massacre

Greg Campbell was a nice 4th line C but Johnny Beecher upside significantly higher

Compared to a eunuch? He has played well for a bottom 6 roll player on a league minimum salary, let's just chill before his Hall of Fame nomination.
he’s won 64% of board battles

Kids sneaky tough

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

I Gryz can get 4mil on the open market Let him go. help him pack. What is his trade value at present if he is a a 4mil D-man

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'd take the risk and wait until the offseason when he's a UFA and can be had without giving up prospects/players ....although there is logic to a sign and trade this year if management feels like we can make a run. I'd try not to include Lysell.
I wouldn't hold up a significant upgrade to our present and future roster over Lysell. I am not looking to move Lysell, but he is no longer a deal breaker for me on a ready made upgrade to the top 4 D or the top 6 forwards. This is particularly true when the guy is rumored to want to be here and willing to take a discount. I would send Lysell and wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad