Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Previous thread:

Let's try this again.

And if you initiate or engage in an attempt to derail the conversation, we're just gonna ban you from the thread. No personal shots. No blanket statements about the fandom. No arguments in bad faith. Done with it.

Thanks all!

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Previous thread:

Let's try this again.

And if you initiate or engage in an attempt to derail the conversation, we're just gonna ban you from the thread. No personal shots. No blanket statements about the fandom. No arguments in bad faith. Done with it.

Thanks all!
your no fun.........haha

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Previous thread:

Let's try this again.

Thanks all!

IMG_0279.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Previous thread:

Let's try this again.

Thanks all!
Ya let’s just discuss which centres the bruins should be considering.

Laugherty ?

Pageau?

Or maybe the add the D hanifin and add to the collection of 2015 draft picks we all love so much.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
your no fun.........haha
:laugh: You're probably right

Thing is, I think a discussion could and should be had about replacing some of what we hoped Lucic would have provided to the roster. That's a fair perspective whatever side you see it from.

But when I (me) don't feel comfortable weighing in because I know where it will lead, something needs to change.

Fifteen wins. One regulation loss. You'd think we'd be at least a little happy about it. That we'd understand that roster arguments are kind of on the peripheral considering we're not attempting to cure an overall ailment.

We have a roster of players that play hard for each other. We're in every single game. And we have a coach with the courage to let the kids play and who will allow himself to show his emotions when it's appropriate. We have almost everything we clamour for and fan bases of other teams are jealous of.

Yet for some reason some are so mad that we feel the need to attack each other as though we cheer for different teams.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

Thing is, I think a discussion could and should be had about replacing some of what we hoped Lucic would have provided to the roster. That's a fair perspective whatever side you see it from.

But when I (me) don't feel comfortable weighing in because I know where it will lead, something needs to change.

Fifteen wins. One regulation loss. You'd think we'd be at least a little happy about it. That we'd understand that roster arguments are kind of on the peripheral considering we're not attempting to cure an overall ailment.

We have a roster of players that play hard for each other. We're in every single game. And we have a coach with the courage to let the kids play and who will allow himself to show his emotions when it's appropriate. We have almost everything we clamour for and fan bases of other teams are jealous of.

Yet for some reason some are so mad that we feel the need to attack each other as though we cheer for different teams.
Maybe one of the best, most accurate posts in my years here.

Reactions: bruins19

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Sorry, I was just joking around with you, was not meant to break your balls.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Ya let’s just discuss which centres the bruins should be considering.

Laugherty ?

Pageau?

Or maybe the add the D hanifin and add to the collection of 2015 draft picks we all love so much.
Lindholm would be my target I was Sweenious.

Reactions: Kegs

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

We need to get tougher.....sorry just wanted to get that out there.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Boston needs to add a physical D-man and a Physical forward before the playoffs . They need to move a forward and a D-man in theses trades. I am quite comfortable in moving any d-man but 73, 25, 27 or Obviously not #6. 48 would be my first choice , but if it is 12 great . For PK reasons 28 would be my lest favorite of the 3 to move. For forwards any of the fourth line for another fourth liner with a bit more snarl works for me

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
In:
Lawson Crouse ($4.3M)
Jake Middleton ($2.45M)

Total: $6.75M

Out:
Matt Grzelcyk ($3.67M)
Derek Forbort ($3M)
Picks

Total: $6.67M
Really like Middelton as a target if the Wild continue to slide. Don't think Crouse will end up being available though, the yotes are finally starting to look competent and I think they'll want to start hanging on to their pieces.

Reactions: sarge88

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In:
Lawson Crouse ($4.3M)
Jake Middleton ($2.45M)

Out:
Matt Grzelcyk ($3.67M)
Derek Forbort ($3M)
Prospect/Picks

So we are locked in the rest of the year with Shattenkirk at 6, and Mitchell/Wotherspoon as #7/8. and of course locking in Lohrei in a top 4 role for the rest of the year. Canr give up 2 dmen for 1

Reactions: dangermike

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Boston needs to add a physical D-man and a Physical forward before the playoffs . They need to move a forward and a D-man in theses trades. I am quite comfortable in moving any d-man but 73, 25, 27 or Obviously not #6. 48 would be my first choice , but if it is 12 great . For PK reasons 28 would be my lest favorite of the 3 to move. For forwards any of the fourth line for another fourth liner with a bit more snarl works for me
Why would you want to move Beecher or Lauko ?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
you have to trade value to get value
I get that, but all I heard was how do you replace Bergeys face off lost ,I think although not Bergey, Beecher has done a pretty good job, and as been very good the PK. Beecher also gives you center depth protection. Lauko is high energy and certainly has not hurt you out there . I am not opposed to moving them if the return is of value. I do agree with what you are saying what they need to get a physical forward or D-man.

Reactions: bme44

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
In:
Lawson Crouse ($4.3M)
Jake Middleton ($2.45M)

Out:
Matt Grzelcyk ($3.67M)
Derek Forbort ($3M)
Prospect/Picks

Remind me why they are trading Crouse again ?

Why would you want to move Beecher or Lauko ?
Especially to “add a physical forward”

Move two physical players to add toughness.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Because Arizona isn’t good? I don’t know. Just spitballing.
It would be such terrible management for them to move a really good young player who they have locked in through his prime years at less than 5 mil. It’s a great contract and he is a really good player. I mean it’s possible to pry him away. But not for two older defenders. Maybe if it was a really good top pairing defender. Doug Armstrong is managing that team now. There won’t be any trades that will make their team worse imo.

They are also 2 points out of a wild card spot with two games in hand.

Reactions: lopey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad