Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I love Massachusetts too but 0% income tax X $7,000,000 = a glorious $0,000,000.

I think, after Calgary, Noah would prefer to come home.

I get the tax stuff. Perhaps he could live in NH.

Understand that FLA is apparently a good organization. Shawn is there.

Hope NH returns to Massachusetts.

Again, not an in season trade. Off season, giddy up.

Patrick Maroon (35 ans) anyone? :wedgie:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
To me Donny swaps the money paid Forbort/Grzelcyk for Hanifin

Lohrei is on bottom pair next season

0.0 he’s traded

DeBrusk seems to be polarizing but he’s been very good 3 zones - he will get 5 in 5 games at some point- I offer 8/50 ~ 6.25 M

He gets hot the price rises - there aren’t guys out there I like in next level below Nylander

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I started bringing my grandmother rosary beads to games incase Campbell fought

It was like being 16 again at the drive in watching Carrie prom scene

Hanifin knows Tkachuk & Bennett should be able to give Marchy and Freddie chirping info
Chances of finding another Chara: 0%
Seidenberg?
Ference?
Miller?
McQuaid?
Shawn Thornton?
Lucic? Maybeeee he’s back after January 19?

I won’t claim to be a Hanifin scout but he’s looked very solid in my limited viewings. Adam Fox type game. I’m on board. Lohrei 3rd pair. A Kevan Miller as Lohrei wingman. One or two pricks in the bottom 6 and we are ready to challenge Cassidy & co. Poitras a gem in the making.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I love Massachusetts too but 0% income tax X $7,000,000 = a glorious $0,000,000.
I doubt he really cares - unless you are a greedy prick most players don’t melt that a priority where to play

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chances of finding another Chara: 0%
Seidenberg?
Ference?
Miller?
McQuaid?
Shawn Thornton?
Lucic? Maybeeee he’s back after January 19?

I won’t claim to be a Hanifin scout but he’s looked very solid in my limited viewings. Adam Fox type game. I’m on board. Lohrei 3rd pair. A Kevan Miller as Lohrei wingman. One or two pricks in the bottom 6 and we are ready to challenge Cassidy & co. Poitras a gem in the making.
Lucic I was told soon after was purged from all things Bruins right down to pulling pups Christmas calendar and having him removed and redone. They are pretty angry. Fenian will start a Danton Heinen Fan Club before we see Lucic over there

Hanifin is solid good - gives them the best D/G group hands down and affordable they can probably keep a few years

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins on 127 point pace and all we get is we need to win fights

Someone even mentioned Jarred Tinordi

1. He’s not very good - huge minus guy

2. He’s not a very good fighter and nearly got killed by Andrey Pedan (Tinordi discussed how messed him up for awhile after)

You want to see arguably the biggest beatdown in years watch poor Tinordi lie there like he’s dead - thank God had a helmet

Tinordi vs Pedan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Would you trade for him for a third?
I wouldn’t no. With Lohrei coming that’s not the kind of guy I want at 3LD - I want to break Lohrei in there. And yeah there’s some upside but he just doesn’t really have it all out together yet. Poor vision, takes a TON of bad penalties. No offense to speak of.

He’s worth a third or if he gets his shit together this year maybe a low second but I wouldn’t pay it. There’s a decent chance he’s more Jared Tinordi than Luke Schenn

Reactions: TobanWest

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I doubt he really cares - unless you are a greedy prick most players don’t melt that a priority where to play
Maybe.

I‘m not saying it would matter for him…..but I do know if I told my wife that I want to play in Boston for $4,500,000 a year instead of Florida for $7,000,000 a year, I might get my way…….but it would probably be the last time.

😂😂

Last edited:

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
If Hanifin pushes his way to Boston, they would undoubtably have the best d-core in the league.

Arizona seems to want him bad though and it makes sense. On the left side, they really only have Valimaki and Moser...which got me thinking, could they pivot to Gryz? There really aren't many other options out there since Zadorov was already moved.

Yotes are good this year and have three 2nd round draft picks...you would think at least one could be disposable

Reactions: bbfan419

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Understandable but I didn't like it from the beginning, for the reason mentioned. I think Nash had three goals and was finished half way through the season or prior. That deal still makes me mad.

On February 25, 2018, one day before the trade deadline, Nash was traded to the Boston Bruins in exchange for Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, prospect Ryan Lindgren, a 2018 first-round pick (which became Jacob Bernard-Docker), and a 2019 seventh-round pick (which became Massimo Rizzo).[39]
That trade reminded me of the Joey Juneau for Al Iafrate trade. It was a dumb dumb move when for a bit more they could've, should've gone after what they needed more, Ryan McDonagh.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Lucic I was told soon after was purged from all things Bruins right down to pulling pups Christmas calendar and having him removed and redone. They are pretty angry. Fenian will start a Danton Heinen Fan Club before we see Lucic over there

Hanifin is solid good - gives them the best D/G group hands down and affordable they can probably keep a few years

Sad for everyone…..obviously especially his family.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I like Jake, but a] inconsistency remains an issue, though I thought he had left that behind, and b] he's going to ask for 7 million, most likely. Would you pay that?

Would the Bruins?

IF Lysell can make the jump and produce next year -- two very large if's -- Boston may be best served by moving Jake for draft selections. That will not happen in season.

But, I wouldn't put it past Sweeney to deal Jake for something that helps this season, before the deadline.

I'm no expert but could see Gryz, Jake and whatever else (prospects, NOT picks) going in return for "something."
7 million for Debrusk...he can ask for that as much as he wants but I would be SHOCKED if he came anywhere close to that.

I mean we thought Bertuzzi was going to get something like that and look how it turned out for him...he has better career stats than JD and performed better in the playoffs and he ended up settling for 5.5. Worst of all, he may not even sniff that again next offseason.

Maybe I'm in the minority but when you start hitting on these 1 million dollar guys like Heinen and JVR (a thing the Bruins rarely do) it really makes you wonder about shelling out that kind of money to a winger...

TLDR: Debrusk should be very careful how he plays his hand.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
7 million for Debrusk...he can ask for that as much as he wants but I would be SHOCKED if he came anywhere close to that.

I mean we thought Bertuzzi was going to get something like that and look how it turned out for him...he has better career stats than JD and performed better in the playoffs and he ended up settling for 5.5. Worst of all, he may not even sniff that again next offseason.

Maybe I'm in the minority but when you start hitting on these 1 million dollar guys like Heinen and JVR (a thing the Bruins rarely do) it really makes you wonder about shelling out that kind of money to a winger...

TLDR: Debrusk should be very careful how he plays his hand.

I think the difference with Bert is that everyone is getting a five million bump to their cap this summer. If he makes it to UFA, someone is going to pay more than they should will so much money sloshing around.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I think, after Calgary, Noah would prefer to come home.

I get the tax stuff. Perhaps he could live in NH.

Understand that FLA is apparently a good organization. Shawn is there.

Hope NH returns to Massachusetts.

Again, not an in season trade. Off season, giddy up.

Patrick Maroon (35 ans) anyone? :wedgie:
I live in NH and work in MA, I pay MA taxes even though I have been predominantly remote for 3 plus years

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
So would I but unfortunately Jake is underperforming and goalie is our only position of strength...
And Ulmark has a mntc and no reason to choose Calgary. Swayman has value but we’d have to include other assets to offset the cap hit of the incoming player. It’s all a house of cards. Rolling with the assets that are performing well so far clearly makes the most sense.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I wouldn’t no. With Lohrei coming that’s not the kind of guy I want at 3LD - I want to break Lohrei in there. And yeah there’s some upside but he just doesn’t really have it all out together yet. Poor vision, takes a TON of bad penalties. No offense to speak of.

He’s worth a third or if he gets his shit together this year maybe a low second but I wouldn’t pay it. There’s a decent chance he’s more Jared Tinordi than Luke Schenn
No he isn’t bad offensively at all. He is a very good skater for a big man. Guy is 22. Yes takes bad penalties and yes we are ok on LD but the guy has played on a brutal Habs team and is the top guy on the team for defensive stats.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
And Ulmark has a mntc and no reason to choose Calgary. Swayman has value but we’d have to include other assets to offset the cap hit of the incoming player. It’s all a house of cards. Rolling with the assets that are performing well so far clearly makes the most sense.

The Boston Bruins are not trading Jeremy Swayman.

Ullmark, eventually, is another matter.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
No he isn’t bad offensively at all. He is a very good skater for a big man. Guy is 22. Yes takes bad penalties and yes we are ok on LD but the guy has played on a brutal Habs team and is the top guy on the team for defensive stats.
What defensive stats, cus his defensive metrics are pretty horrible?

Reactions: Kegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad