Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 opening night roster set

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I know this isn't the place, but scary news concerning our p.p.
IMG_2294.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Stive Morgan

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Lines at practice:

Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson
Newhook-Dach-Slafkovsky
Pearson-Monahan-Gallagher
RHP-Evans-Ylönen

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Kovacevic
Harris-Xhekaj
Barron in rotation

Montembault
Allen
Primeau

23 man roster:

Anderson
Caufield
Dach
Evans
Gallagher
RHP
Monahan
Newhook
Pearson
Pezzetta
Slafkovský
Suzuki
Ylönen
Barron
Guhle
Harris
Kovacevic
Matheson
Savard
Xhekaj
Allen
Montembeault
Primeau

What stands out to me right away: that 3rd line is in the conversation for the slowest line in all of hockey.

Not the line-up I would have made but then again line-up can change from period to period and it probably will but there's many things interesting and we need to keep the focus on finishing the job.

We still have players to trade and we still have prospect that need an offensive role to grow.

Jul 6, 2016
Gally and Pearson in the top-9...
RHP on the 4th line.....
Anderson again on the top line....

Find the errors .

And the three headed goalie situation cannot last long, right ?

Last edited:

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Still waiting on 4 teams for their final rosters

Montreal
Edmonton
LA
Vegas

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Why is Armia not included? I thought we had to be under the cap not including LTIR players, could someone explain all of this.
They are keeping him on the lineup would be my guess and that's sad... He doesn't belong in MTL.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Why is Armia not included? I thought we had to be under the cap not including LTIR players, could someone explain all of this.

The Habs don’t have to assign Armia to the minors immediately. They have up to 30 days (or if he plays 10 NHL games) to assign him to Laval before they have to put him on waivers again.

This could be a move just to get as close to the cap without going over. As noted above they could then send Armia down and recall Xhekaj.

Interesting they went the route of putting Dvorak on LTIR.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
The Habs don’t have to assign Armia to the minors immediately. They have up to 30 days (or if he plays 10 NHL games) to assign him to Laval before they have to put him on waivers again.

This could be a move just to get as close to the cap without going over. As noted above they could then send Armia down and recall Xhekaj.

Interesting they went the route of putting Dvorak on LTIR.

Why not assign Armia to minors and keep Arber up if thats the plan? I guess we'll soon get explanations.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Why not assign Armia to minors and keep Arber up if thats the plan? I guess we'll soon get explanations.

They can get closer to the cap with Armia’s cap hit than Xhekaj’s which is better when using LTIR.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Despite saying they didn't want to do it, they used pre-season LTIR to make the cap work, so they kept Armia to try to top all the space and that's the Habs new cap ceiling for the season ($87,839,583).

Not sure what happens when Dvorak comes back thought. If the cap ceiling revert down or Habs are stuck with it.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Despite saying they didn't want to do it, they used pre-season LTIR to make the cap work, so they kept Armia to try to top all the space and that's the Habs new cap ceiling for the season ($87,839,583).

Not sure what happens when Dvorak comes back thought. If the cap ceiling revert down or Habs are stuck with it.

Price's LTIR was the real prize as it is season long and substantial. Dvo is coming back in a few months, so need for in-season LTIR. Nobody took this into account in their paper move projections.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
CC-Suzuzki-Anderson
Newlook-Dach-Slafkovsky
Pearson-Monahan-Gallagher
RHP-Evans-Ylönen

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Kovacevic
Harris-Xhekaj

Montembault
Allen
Primeau

I would have RHP with Dach, Newhook with Monahan and Pearson with Evans…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad