Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 opening night roster set

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm fine with Anderson on the first. They think he can improve his offense, so it makes sense they play him in the top 6. There will be injuries and Monahan will play up/down the lineup. What's pretty clear is Dvorak and Gallagher need to GTFO.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Is Burrows still running PP? Could determine whether we should expect tank.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
That's third line is utter trash. Gotta move RHP into Pearson's spot. I like the top 6 for what they have. Hopefully whether it's through a trade for a young RFA like the Dach trade or getting him through this year's draft, HuGo finally gets that player who can slot in beside Caufield and Suzuki

Is Burrows still running PP? Could determine whether we should expect tank.
Hopefully he is but next season HuGo really gotta find a systems o coach to compliment MSL

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
We can go back if you want :sarcasm:

Remember this one?

December 31, 2021

CANADIENS (7-22-4) at PANTHERS (20-7-4)

Canadiens projected lineup
Jonathan Drouin -- Nick Suzuki -- Jesse Ylonen
Rafael Harvey-Pinard -- Ryan Poehling -- Cole Caufield
Alex Belzile -- Lukas Vejdemo
Michael Pezzetta -- Cedric Paquette -- Cam Hillis
David Savard
Brett Kulak -- Kale Clague
Sami Niku -- Corey Schueneman
Sam Montembeault
Michael McNiven
Scratched: Louie Belpedio
Injured: Christian Dvorak (lower body), Brendan Gallagher (lower body), Tyler Toffoli (upper body), Josh Anderson (upper body), Joel Edmundson (undisclosed)
COVID-19 protocol: Jake Allen, Cayden Primeau, Ben Chiarot, Jeff Petry, Chris Wideman, Mike Hoffman, Artturi Lehkonen, Laurent Dauphin, Paul Byron, Brandon Baddock, Jake Evans, Alexander Romanov

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Lmao at muffin shot Gallagher on the PP, what's his crippled ass gonna do except fall in front of the net.

Much rather give Guhle some reps, he's been showing good flashes of offensive awareness.
Or even RHP

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
At least, he’s playing center. The wingers can always be upgraded and shuffled.
I would prefer him playing wings in a top 6 role instead of being relegated to the 3rd line. This is insane, Jake Evans got better wingers than him.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Lmao at muffin shot Gallagher on the PP, what's his crippled ass gonna do except fall in front of the net.

Much rather give Guhle some reps, he's been showing good flashes of offensive awareness.
Or even RHP
We’re this close from LTIRetirement. We can’t hold back so close. Make him pay the price in the paint 82 games a year

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would prefer him playing wings in a top 6 role instead of being relegated to the 3rd line. This is insane, Jake Evans got better wingers than him.
I like him at center but those wingers are not cast in stone. As long as he gets lots of reps on the PP, we could see some production.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and the

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I would put RHP and Ylonen with Moneyhhands. Gallagher and Pearson fourth line with Evans.

• Love
Reactions: bsl and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's annoying but it's just the first game. RHP will be there soon. And hopefully Ylonen can benefit from playing with RHP and also move up to the 3rd line. Could be a blessing in disguise long term to have RHP with Ylonen to start...

Reactions: Habano

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Get Gallagher off the 2nd PP unit. Put Guhle at the point and park the Sheriff infront of the net!

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Capfriendly twitter is listing the teams rosters, still only few not yet announced and we among them
Funny TBL has 2$ under the cap lol

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
I think that it should be:

Monahan-Suzuki-Caufield
Slafkovsky-Dach-Anderson
Harvey Pinard-Newhook-Gallagher
Pearson-Evans-Ylonen

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Kovasevic
Xhekaj-Harris

Allen-Montembeault

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I really like Xhekaj on the PP. He doesn't get enough credit for his offensive game.
He certainly shouldn't get much credit for his defensive game, so I hope he gets credit for his offense. I mean, if not for his offense, why would so many people like him?

Reactions: Wats

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I'd be switching Evans and Monahan, with the new Pearson-Evans-Gallagher line getting 4th line minutes.

Reactions: bsl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad