Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Habs Rookie Camp & Training Camp

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes….Armia clears waivers, is assigned to Laval & takes away TOI from Roy, Mesar, Kidney etc..
Or maybe, he vacates a NHL spot for one of these guys whenever the first from the lot is deemed ready.

Reactions: the

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We are trying to focus on if Armia will be placed on waivers, but I don't think it's what will happen. I would be pleasantly surprised if they do waive him.

But the real player I'm looking to see if he'll be on waivers is Primeau. If he isn't waived, it confirms Habs will go with 3 goalies.

My expectation is that Norlinder, Barron, and Heineman will be sent down. Heineman in particular deserves to stay up, but for the sake of complying with the 23-man roster for opening night, him being waiver-exempt makes him the most likely cut at forward.

Last edited:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
We are trying to focus on if Armia will be placed on waivers, but I don't think it's what will happen. I would be pleasantly surprised if they do waive him.

But the real player I'm looking to see if he'll be on waivers is Primeau. If he isn't waived, it confirms Habs will go with 3 goalies.

My expectation is that Norlinder, Barron, and Heineman will be sent down. Heineman in particular deserves to stay up, but for the sake of complying with the 23-man roster for opening night, him being waiver-exempt makes him the most likely cut at forward.

Heineman will certainly be the first to be called up when an injury occurs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Heineman will certainly be the first to be called up when an injury occurs.

Of course. Logically, the last cuts are usually the first called up. Unless of course they go down and struggle and someone else who was already in the minors earns it before.

Reactions: Seb

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

I wonder if they risk it and go with 3 hoping a team doesn't like their goalies/injuries and get an "asset" in return.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Don’t see this brass waiving Armia. They seem to value what the player(s) think even when not intended to be on the roster (Petry, DeSmith)

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I didn't interpret it as any kind of disrespect. It was a good comment. I actually chuckled. I have thick enough skin... lol... I don't take things here seriously, unless someone disrespects the Habs icon - the one and only Davey D. That's a no-go zone for me.
"You don't take things here seriously " ???

You should show more respect to us ; this forum is serious , we are here to take important decisions , after sharing our points of view. After all, we are hockey experts and you can be sure that the actual management comes here everyday to see what they need to do .
:naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: The Real Timo

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Wonder if Armia actually gets demoted if he clears, it's definitely nice to see them go this route as on merit he is certainly not one of our top 12 forwards. You could likely place him as low as 14 or 15 on the depth chart depending on how you rate him vs. Pearson, Ylonen, and Pezzetta.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Wonder if Armia actually gets demoted if he clears, it's definitely nice to see them go this route as on merit he is certainly not one of our top 12 forwards. You could likely place him as low as 14 or 15 on the depth chart depending on how you rate him vs. Pearson, Ylonen, and Pezzetta.

Not ideal though. I certainly don’t want him taking up ice time from the young guns in Laval.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
You think that if they stay relatively healthy that they could be worse than last year? They won 31 games last year with over 700 man games lost....

It's next to impossible to predict when you rely on alot of youth and inexperience in your lineup.

We assume that the young guys who had good years last year will progress this year, but the truth is that young players are often volatile and development isn't necessarily linear.

I don't know specifically where the Habs will end up but I expect them to be a tier below the playoff bubble.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
With these 2 on waivers and being sent down (I assume) Habs are 1 contract over the limit.

Chris Wideman and Dvorak put on IR would put them below the cap and below the roster max, no ?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Wish we could send Armia to the moon.
He'd probably get injured while putting space suit on. And NASA would put him on LTIR.

Bleah.

Don't really care.

Barron, Norlinder, Mailloux, Trudeau, Struble. Lots of depth...
I am confused about the whole depp thing. First I was told we gotta lotta depp. Then you guys here a couple of days ago telling me we don't got no depp. Now again we have depp. You can see how a fella would get confused.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad